• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How Much?

12 hours ago, F1BOSS said:

You sure you don't want to keep it? 

I have SVJ on the order but I just can't let go of my SV Roadster :( Love the looks! 

For your SVJ build, did you go with gloss or matte carbon?

Plan was to keep the SV until they allocated me the hyper car - still begging for a 63LE Carbon. Love matte will most likely go gloss. 

On 10/6/2018 at 5:22 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

Plan was to keep the SV until they allocated me the hyper car - still begging for a 63LE Carbon. Love matte will most likely go gloss. 

Join the club--I want 63--not sure they even have a clear view of their process for allocation.  

13 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

Join the club--I want 63--not sure they even have a clear view of their process for allocation.  

I’d bet they would have all the 63’s sold by now. Just considering how they’ve sold before. My guess is the impending second run of ‘63’ cars is what they’ll have trouble allocating. Could be wrong though. 

4 hours ago, Destructo said:

I’d bet they would have all the 63’s sold by now. Just considering how they’ve sold before. My guess is the impending second run of ‘63’ cars is what they’ll have trouble allocating. Could be wrong though. 

Unless what is not announced is allocated.       

488 Pista Aperta is a perfect example - great customers were passed over to give other customers something special. Friend was slightly upset when he first saw the already sold out car in Monterey. Weeks later received an invite to Maranello for the Monza. 

Still like the old green Verde Ithica better but the SVJ is mega! More power to them for going this route.

22 hours ago, Destructo said:

Are you referencing the LB48 in the second 63 run - curious. 

9 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Are you referencing the LB48 in the second 63 run - curious. 

I was just implying that previously - see Veneno - factory said x amount of cars, then added a bunch more later (yes roadsters for the Veneno) but the damage was done in my opinion. They won’t keep it to just 63 cars if they think any others will want them. 

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

I was just implying that previously - see Veneno - factory said x amount of cars, then added a bunch more later (yes roadsters for the Veneno) but the damage was done in my opinion. They won’t keep it to just 63 cars if they think any others will want them. 

I heard preference was given the LB48 (the hypercar) "owners" first then remainder was offered to dealers. Only 20 of the 63 are allocated to the US so most dealers got nothing. Having said all that, some who aren't even owners are claiming to have bagged a 63. We shall see if its all talk or someone worked the system.

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

Agree but to be fair I could list production runs from Mclaren and Ferrari that are far worse within the same model. 

Lamborghini treats their roadsters and coupes in two completely different categories. 

56 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

I heard preference was given the LB48 (the hypercar) "owners" first then remainder was offered to dealers. Only 20 of the 63 are allocated to the US so most dealers got nothing. Having said all that, some who aren't even owners are claiming to have bagged a 63. We shall see if its all talk or someone worked the system.

Wow, that's pretty crazy! Makes sense though as the people waiting for the LB48 put up $600k on a car they won't even get for 2+ yrs. 

I wonder how the LB48 will compare to the v12 replacement? I'd imagine they're releasing around the same time. 

2 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

The LB48 had more deposits than cars - some of those 650k depositors (VIP) who did not get the LB48 could be receiving a 63LE Carbon.

As far as being an owner - how many Centenario guys were previous Lamborghini owners as every time I see one it's stable mates are Pagani Ferrari Bugatti Koeigsegg making it safe to assume many LB48 depositors were not prior owners. Lamborghini dealers are not like Ferrari they share showrooms with other high end brands - those dealers if they were smart grabbed those buyers for the LB48. 

2 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

I actually don’t hate that system. The LB48 should be for those that are passionate about the brand and are owners already. That’s a good move to keep them happy and feel exclusive. I’m surprised that only 20 are coming stateside. It’s a big market here. It’s easy enough to say your getting one, until delivery date shows up and they are empty-handed. I’m sure they’d just say they sold their allocation :lol2:

2 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Agree but to be fair I could list production runs from Mclaren and Ferrari that are far worse within the same model. 

Lamborghini treats their roadsters and coupes in two completely different categories. 

Oh no doubt, I’m not implicating Lamborghini as being exclusively misleading in that respect. All brands do.

3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

The LB48 had more deposits than cars - some of those 650k depositors (VIP) who did not get the LB48 could be receiving a 63LE Carbon.

As far as being an owner - how many Centenario guys were previous Lamborghini owners as every time I see one it's stable mates are Pagani Ferrari Bugatti Koeigsegg making it safe to assume many LB48 depositors were not prior owners. Lamborghini dealers are not like Ferrari they share showrooms with other high end brands - those dealers if they were smart grabbed those buyers for the LB48. 

Very true, quite a few of the Centenario owners are first time Lambo owners.  I personally know two guys who's never owned a Lambo before but bought the Centenario because they thought it would be a good addition to their collection.  

Has anyone else locked their order or gotten a build date? I'm kind of wanting to head out to Italy to see if I can catch it on the line - wish that was easier to arrange. 

I haven't received a build date but I did get a message from the dealership to lock in my specs soon. One question I do have is are you all planning to have the SVJ logo on the side of the car? There is an option to have it painted or go with a decal. What option would you go with? Reason I ask is that a dealer mentioned that it was better to have it painted which cost an extra 5k over the decal. But also, the red J might not go with exterior details like caliper color, rims, etc. Just curious to your thoughts. 

2 hours ago, Fine2NR said:

I haven't received a build date but I did get a message from the dealership to lock in my specs soon. One question I do have is are you all planning to have the SVJ logo on the side of the car? There is an option to have it painted or go with a decal. What option would you go with? Reason I ask is that a dealer mentioned that it was better to have it painted which cost an extra 5k over the decal. But also, the red J might not go with exterior details like caliper color, rims, etc. Just curious to your thoughts. 

I was in between on this as well but ordered mine painted so when I put xpel over it I don't get lines. With the sticker you end up getting a small air bubble all the way around the edges.