Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

22 hours ago, Fine2NR said:

I haven't received a build date but I did get a message from the dealership to lock in my specs soon. One question I do have is are you all planning to have the SVJ logo on the side of the car? There is an option to have it painted or go with a decal. What option would you go with? Reason I ask is that a dealer mentioned that it was better to have it painted which cost an extra 5k over the decal. But also, the red J might not go with exterior details like caliper color, rims, etc. Just curious to your thoughts. 

Make sure if you paint it the factory will allow - non red.

Red J seems to be the signature - only change I have heard is the exterior red J being outlined in black for contrast. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Sv you can have any colour you like painted, but they won’t change th J from red, well maybe if you were prepared to pay enough but that was the answer from ad personam when I asked

2 hours ago, topjay said:

The Sv you can have any colour you like painted, but they won’t change th J from red, well maybe if you were prepared to pay enough but that was the answer from ad personam when I asked

I’ve heard that as well. 

Worse case have an aftermarket wrap company cut some spare J’s to apply?

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

I’ve heard that as well. 

Worse case have an aftermarket wrap company cut some spare J’s to apply?

Correct, the "J" will be red only. I am deleting mine and will do an aftermarket Vinyl for the version I want.

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

Correct, the "J" will be red only. I am deleting mine and will do an aftermarket Vinyl for the version I want.

So is the delete a factory option or just heat gunning it off when you take delivery? Get a delivery date yet?

On 10/16/2018 at 6:16 PM, Destructo said:

So is the delete a factory option or just heat gunning it off when you take delivery? Get a delivery date yet?

Delete is a factory option. You can option the car with no external logo which I think it the better thing to do since the red J might get lost on some color or even clash.

Had I gone Blu Nethuns I would have done logo delete - it definitely doesn't work on all colors which is a bummer.

DoctaM3 - did you end up making your own paint color for the car?

On 10/12/2018 at 9:12 PM, Luxeous said:

Has anyone else locked their order or gotten a build date? I'm kind of wanting to head out to Italy to see if I can catch it on the line - wish that was easier to arrange. 

Still time to change back to blue!

On 10/19/2018 at 2:11 PM, Luxeous said:

Had I gone Blu Nethuns I would have done logo delete - it definitely doesn't work on all colors which is a bummer.

DoctaM3 - did you end up making your own paint color for the car?

I have a schema and if its hard for them to do or it will delay the car significantly, I have a new color (oddly if might be faster) that I will pursue.

On 10/19/2018 at 2:11 PM, Luxeous said:

On 10/21/2018 at 1:19 PM, LA_Brit said:

Still time to change back to blue!

Can't go wrong there.

On 10/19/2018 at 4:57 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

Congrats - anyone able to spec Corsa tires.  

I'm confused.  Doesn't the car come with Corsa tires as standard with the Trofeo R tires as optional? 

13 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I'm confused.  Doesn't the car come with Corsa tires as standard with the Trofeo R tires as optional? 

Whoops.  

You are correct but guys are telling me they can not order the car from the factory with Trofeo's.

Trofeo's are track only which means only available after market. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Whoops.  

You are correct but guys are telling me they can not order the car from the factory with Trofeo's.

Are they offering a ‘track trim’ optional package? I’d think they would sell a additional set of wheels and tires and other goodies to spec if someone wanted it.

4 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Whoops.  

Ah ok, that make sense.  I wonder why the factory can't supply the Trofeo R directly?  Perhaps the tires doesn't have a Lamborghini specific marking on the tires? Or maybe due to liability reasons? I'm thinking because the Trofeo R is essentially a slick, if the car gets picked up in the rain and crashes, it might come back and bite them in the ass with lawsuits.

4 hours ago, MPofCT said:

Green AVJ showed up unexpectedly early in Chicago.

Wicked looking car!!!

D2633853-8A04-4461-9603-2C47DC145E0A.jpeg

FF27044F-CB91-4851-86E1-F6B79BC9C956.jpeg

Factory car making the rounds. Same car from Pebble that was LNB etc.

5 hours ago, Unotaz said:

Ah ok, that make sense.  I wonder why the factory can't supply the Trofeo R directly?  Perhaps the tires doesn't have a Lamborghini specific marking on the tires? Or maybe due to liability reasons? I'm thinking because the Trofeo R is essentially a slick, if the car gets picked up in the rain and crashes, it might come back and bite them in the ass with lawsuits.

I believe it's a liability issue. They would rather have the dealer install them.

5 hours ago, sl55 said:

I believe it's a liability issue. They would rather have the dealer install them.

Makes sense as the Trofeo's are designed for a warm dry track. 

Wet surfaces they don't grip and or not properly warmed lots of understeer - just surprised Lamborghini doesn't require a waiver like the SV race tune and exhaust. 

Not sure how to post IG videos on here but I recently saw one with an SVJ shooting flames when revving. Can anyone else confirm if it does that?

PS - was just driving an AV S and did Thrust Mode for the first time. GOOD LORD. Literally took my breath away. Wife and I couldn't stop laughing like little kids afterwards, absolutely bonkers. 

This seems like an aftermarket system, somehow. 

‘Quick note, to share IG  videos. Top right of the post, there are three little dots, (...) click that, select the ‘copy link’ then just paste that link in the reply window here, give it a second or two, and it’LP automatically detect and embed the video as you see above. Hope that helps!

Does anyone want an SVJ? I have one of the first ones coming. Unfortunately my financial situation has changed, so I'm looking to transfer my allocation. Pm me for details