Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

5 hours ago, RONNN said:

Does anyone want an SVJ? I have one of the first ones coming. Unfortunately my financial situation has changed, so I'm looking to transfer my allocation. Pm me for details

That sucks. Have you spec’d It yet?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, RONNN said:

Yes, I believe spec is either locked or locking very soon

Sharing the spec may help interest potential buyers. Care to share what you selected? 

A lot of people I know are bailing, several reasons :

Scared of recession and won’t be able to make money on it or even cut even if you use it

SVJ is way more money than SV was for a not dissimilar and more limited car

They are making loads of them (as above)

Design is a bit bodykit looking and not as cohesive as SV,  a stupid non fixed rear deck lid for any visibility or if you have to put oil in as you have to entirely remove it which you do every 1000 miles if you use it properly. It’s like a designer that does not do outrageous designs was told to do one and that’s his interpretation rather than a guy that does it naturally or at least that is my opinion   

Getting bummed on SV trade in, you could almost buy a performante for the difference if you have put a decent amount of miles on it  

Would love one one if money was no object but realistically I’m not a billionaire and I’m just not sure it’s worth it to me to upgrade with a new model coming in a couple of years that I will want,  as I’ll get raped twice then . Dealers are becoming a right arse to deal with in the way Ferrari are, with a attitude that they are doing me some big favour to sell me a half million pound car, I’m not going to blow any salesman for them to sell me something. I’ve bought every modern model Lamborghini and they treat me bad in favour of people who basically bribe them.  Also for what I use it for I’m paying for 4 wheel steer, which is brilliant to make it more fun handling and feel smaller as the rest really isnt that noticeable except on a track or very fast road which I rarely see. Obviously I’m now trying to talk myself out of it! Newer is nearly always better! 

Up yours Lamborghini SVJ.....:D

You buy a production GT2RS, take it to Manthey for the following upgrades (all approved by Porsche):

-new manthey aero kit (diffusor, wing, aero canard front)
-kw suspension spezial
-michelin Cup 2 R

I think this lap time is even more believable than any of the manufacturer's runs because this car IS the actual production version, not some factory honed with computers, roll cage, etc. 

photo684.jpg

3 minutes ago, topjay said:

Scared of recession and won’t be able to make money on it or even cut even if you use it

Design is a bit bodykit looking and not as cohesive as SV,  a stupid non fixed rear deck lid for any visibility or if you have to put oil in as you have to entirely remove it which you do every 1000 miles if you use it properly. It’s like a designer that does not do outrageous designs was told to do one and that’s his interpretation rather than a guy that does it naturally or at least that is my opinion   

Getting bummed on SV trade in, you could almost buy a performante for the difference if you have put a decent amount of miles on it  

Would love one one if money was no object but realistically I’m not a billionaire and I’m just not sure it’s worth it to me to upgrade with a new model coming in a couple of years that I will want,  as I’ll get raped twice then . Dealers are becoming a right arse to deal with in the way Ferrari are, with a attitude that they are doing me some big favour to sell me a half million pound car, I’m not going to blow any salesman for them to sell me something. I’ve bought every modern model Lamborghini and they treat me bad in favour of people who basically bribe them.  Also for what I use it for I’m paying for 4 wheel steer, which is brilliant to make it more fun handling and feel smaller as the rest really isnt that noticeable except on a track or very fast road which I rarely see. Obviously I’m now trying to talk myself out of it! Newer is nearly always better! 

Honestly, if I had a SV, I wouldn't trade it in for the SVJ.  The price difference when you trade the SV in is too much and the difference ain't worth that.  Fortunately, I don't have a SV, so I'm looking forward to my SVJ :aiwebs_011:

2 minutes ago, Unotaz said:

Honestly, if I had a SV, I wouldn't trade it in for the SVJ.  The price difference when you trade the SV in is too much and the difference ain't worth that.  Fortunately, I don't have a SV, so I'm looking forward to my SVJ :aiwebs_011:

That’s it, if I didn’t already have one already i would be all over it regardless , I just like Lamborghini despite the faults. 

5 hours ago, Unotaz said:

Up yours Lamborghini SVJ.....:D

You buy a production GT2RS, take it to Manthey for the following upgrades (all approved by Porsche):

-new manthey aero kit (diffusor, wing, aero canard front)
-kw suspension spezial
-michelin Cup 2 R

I think this lap time is even more believable than any of the manufacturer's runs because this car IS the actual production version, not some factory honed with computers, roll cage, etc. 

Production car / Production car modified by a 3rd party. There is a difference and reason why Porsche isn't playing down this record as a "production car record", but rather as a record for road legal vehicles. SVJ still owns the "production car record".  

On the SV vs the SVJ discussion, as great as the SV is, it isn't the last pure N/A V12 mid-engine Lamborghini. I see why some might see the upgrade as "not worth it", especially on paper. +20 hp, same weight, same interior (though you have unique stitching options and a new logo), same transmission and SV is more limited (?). But that's where their similarities end,  experience wise they are completely two different animals. SVJ serves as an end of an era, SV serves as an end to the Gen 1 Aventador.    

7 hours ago, topjay said:

There are 3 years of growth at 3 - 4% predicted. 

Selling my SV Roadster have a deal in the works for 6% less than msrp - two years later. 

Dealers are becoming an arse because they don't have to beg for customers - URUS is selling like hot cakes the local dealer has more JOTA deposits than allocations on the coupe and expected amount of roadsters. 

Lamborghini has been great to deal with from the dealer to the factory and I only bought one - SV. 

Ferrari Porsche there is a line out the door and they both requires bribes. Porsche thru ADM and Ferrari requires one buy  a slow moving new F car or over pay for one used on the lot. Both equate to a 50 - 150k buy in to a car like the Pista expect 2500+. 

JOTA increase IMO isn't bad - Pista 350k is 60K over Speciale 290k add Pista Aperta's only enough to satisfy select friends and family.  

Love the removable rear aero trofeo's steering titanium exhaust alone saves me from buying a Lambo race exhaust that was 12k.  

There is no other doors up V12 roadster like it until you put a 1 or 2 in front of msrp and one of those is eye watering to maintain and requires up front payment before receiving it in 2+ years. 

IMO SV & JOTA or both excellent long term cars to own. 

Topjay I feel you - I considered the SV myself before confirming my spec on the SVJ. The one problem I see with the SVJ looks wise is that they used the good layout on the 63 with the black lower panels. Black those out and it goes from looking like a body kit to something even more aggressive than the SV. I'll prove this shortly. :)

The RWS on the S made it feel incredibly different than the standard AV, I have to imagine it'll be even better on the SVJ. 

Lambo has been great to me so far, sad to hear you've experienced otherwise. Would love a GT Porsche but the games those guys play are absolutely ridiculous. 

On 11/2/2018 at 10:19 AM, Destructo said:

Sharing the spec may help interest potential buyers. Care to share what you selected? 

Grigio telesto, bronze wheels with orange accents (brake calipers, and the interior has the orange stripe). 

I put in my Ad Personam request about 2 months ago when I initially specced out my car.  I haven't heard a peep out of Italy on my requests yet.  What's going on? 

18 hours ago, Unotaz said:

I put in my Ad Personam request about 2 months ago when I initially specced out my car.  I haven't heard a peep out of Italy on my requests yet.  What's going on? 

Lots of stuff... they are a little slow--not entirely clear why but lots of folks have their specs in without confirmation yet.

Top notch guy but I am not sure that is the best way to get an update on your car--that's his personal account and probably don't want to overwhelm him via social media. I would use the dealer process to be honest. We don't want to drive him from IG.

5 hours ago, Unotaz said:

Have they told you what number you are on the list? First cars were locked end of Sept,  significant customization would push it back by at least 2 - 4 months. I think they are bit overwhelmed with the Urus production now. Still trying to lock down exactly when my car will be on the line as I'd like to fly out there and see it. 

On 11/2/2018 at 11:57 AM, RONNN said:

Yes, I believe spec is either locked or locking very soon

Lamborghini rumors suggest they may not produce enough to fill all JOTA orders and Roadster numbers could be less than expected. 

LB48 customers will spec in 2019 deliveries thru 2020 - few were lucky enough to recently see the full size clay model. 

On 11/8/2018 at 4:23 PM, Luxeous said:

Have they told you what number you are on the list? First cars were locked end of Sept,  significant customization would push it back by at least 2 - 4 months. I think they are bit overwhelmed with the Urus production now. Still trying to lock down exactly when my car will be on the line as I'd like to fly out there and see it. 

My car will be my dealer's third SVJ coupe.  Their first car is the dealer "demo" car that's in matte red with comfort seat.  Second car is their first customer spec car.  It's very weird, their demo car has finished production about 4 weeks ago and it is still sitting at the factory.  I don't know why they haven't shipped that car yet.  It seems like the Urus is causing a big bottleneck for them at the factory. 

36 minutes ago, Unotaz said:

My car will be my dealer's third SVJ coupe.  Their first car is the dealer "demo" car that's in matte red with comfort seat.  Second car is their first customer spec car.  It's very weird, their demo car has finished production about 4 weeks ago and it is still sitting at the factory.  I don't know why they haven't shipped that car yet.  It seems like the Urus is causing a big bottleneck for them at the factory. 

The delay is to do with EPA/CARB certification.

The MY19 Huracan just got certification and my sales person informed me last week that my MY19 Performante, which was completed in early Sept, received certification and will finally get air freighted next week. He also said the dealer SVJ is been held up due to a delay in certification but expects the car to arrive some time end of the month. Look for an update on: https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2019/2019.php?so=4

On 11/10/2018 at 12:15 PM, Nuvolari612 said:

Lamborghini rumors suggest they may not produce enough to fill all JOTA orders and Roadster numbers could be less than expected. 

LB48 customers will spec in 2019 deliveries thru 2020 - few were lucky enough to recently see the full size clay model. 

I've also heard dealers were getting less allocations than they have expected. Has anyone that has tried to get one been unable to order one?

On 11/12/2018 at 6:45 AM, sprite said:

I've also heard dealers were getting less allocations than they have expected. Has anyone that has tried to get one been unable to order one?

Coupe allocations have been known - assume you are referencing roadsters to satisfy their oversubscribed coupe depositors.

Hoping Lamborghini announces 500 or less JOTA roadster production reflective of Ferrari Aperta. 

17 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Coupe allocations have been known - assume you are referencing roadsters to satisfy their oversubscribed coupe depositors.

Hoping Lamborghini announces 500 or less JOTA roadster production reflective of Ferrari Aperta. 

I’m talking coupes, my dealer got less coupes than they got SV coupes, at least if the number they gave me is accurate. They have guaranteed me a roadster so if I don’t get one I will be switching dealers for future lambo purchases.

5 hours ago, sprite said:

I’m talking coupes, my dealer got less coupes than they got SV coupes, at least if the number they gave me is accurate. They have guaranteed me a roadster so if I don’t get one I will be switching dealers for future lambo purchases.

They are slowing delivery here as well less to be delivered first year than SV was and extending production time as the replacement is apparently delayed, same numbers though, apparently.

I caved in,  car should be with me in March, just speccing it now. probably be stuck with my SV as well as not a lot is moving 

59 minutes ago, topjay said:

They are slowing delivery here as well less to be delivered first year than SV was and extending production time as the replacement is apparently delayed, same numbers though, apparently.

I caved in,  car should be with me in March, just speccing it now. probably be stuck with my SV as well as not a lot is moving 

Congrats 

The J delays or shortage hopefully helps the SV.