LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Destructo said:

That's a hit for sure. What do you expect them to bottom out at? My expectation would be the #63 editions will be the ones to hold a better value. But I could be wrong, look at the 40th Anniversary edition Murcielagos!

I actually think today a Murcielago 40th edition is worth big bucks. 

4 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

I actually think today a Murcielago 40th edition is worth big bucks. 

No kidding? Last time I looked at them no one wanted the paint, and they were usually the cheapest. Glad to see them appreciating, I always loved that one. 

SVJ the last NA V12?

Lamborghini Confirms Aventador and Huracan Successors Will Be Plug-In Hybrids

Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali confirmed in an interview that the automaker's next generation of supercars will be plug-in hybrids (PHEVs).

The executive was asked when Lamborghini will roll out its first PHEV model, and he identified the upcoming Aventador replacement as said vehicle.

"Probably around 2021, with the Aventador replacement that will add a motor to its V-12 engine," Domenicali told Automotive News. "The same will happen later also on the V-10 family when we replace the Huracan. A plug-in model is the only way to maintain performance and keep Lamborghini's engine sound while also reducing emissions."

Domenicali's statements corroborate a report from September that alleged Lamborghini's next-gen supercars would make heavy use of hybridization. According to that article, the Huracan's replacement could reportedly make up to 985 horsepower, and the Aventador's as much as 1,172 horsepower. By then, the company will allegedly be under control of Porsche instead of Audi, with changing of the guard claimed to be scheduled for January of 2019.

Lamborghini's volume seller, the Urus crossover, is one the company wishes to hybridize as soon as possible, but meeting current demand for the model is a higher priority.

"We are still working on this, but we have realigned our priorities," Domenicali continued. "First and foremost, we have to boost production of the Urus, and adding a powertrain variant that is extremely complex to build doesn't help."

Domenicali added that no powertrains smaller than the Urus' V-8 would power the model any time soon and that a PHEV V-6 powertrain has already been trialed, but wasn't adequately powerful.

"We have seen that a V-6-powered plug-in did not offer the performance level a Lamborghini should deliver. We began working on a V-8 plug-in, but we are not there yet."

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25003/lamborghini-confirms-aventador-and-huracan-successors-will-be-plug-in-hybrids?iid=sr-link3

The good news is the V-12 lives to see another day (a few years) and the extra HP will be an added bonus..

On 11/23/2018 at 10:06 PM, sl55 said:

Three years is a long time -  Porsche does not know their future let alone taking over Lamborghini - Bentley Audi are struggling. 

Enjoy the present J it's an improved SV which in the real world is fast loud and gorgeous. 

Lambo R&D began spending money on new models -  if Porsche takes over expect cuts vs Winkelmans vision where he is now  taking Bugatti to all new levels. 

Only known truth is the success of URUS which means more production. 

The J will ship for 2 years - would like to think it's the last NA V12. 

It will be the last non-assisted N/A V12 I am sure. The sound and feel will still be there in the next model to come, but with the hybrid assist it won't be the same I think ....

4 hours ago, madd0g said:

Does anybody know how many roasters Lambo are making ?

Nothing has been mentioned.  I was at Monterey and spoke to some of the top brass and even back in August they didnt even know or would not say at least. But i got the impression they really had not made a decision. I am hoping it is way way less since I have a roadster allocation. 

On 11/25/2018 at 7:40 AM, Luckydaff said:

It will be the last non-assisted N/A V12 I am sure. The sound and feel will still be there in the next model to come, but with the hybrid assist it won't be the same I think ....

It won't be the same, that is assured. Thankfully though, the power will be there in spades, no doubt. I am not a betting man, but I would wager they continue to use naturally aspirated V12's for their one-off, or limited-edition runs of vehicles.

Well that's interesting esp since the dealer demos haven't even arrived yet.  Hmmmmm

Speaking of deliveries, my 2019 Perf coupe has arrived. Will post pictures in a few days, got a couple ad personam goodies.

7 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Congrats! What colors did you go with? 

I did blu lemans exterior,  Loge wheels w/ red centerlocks, red calipers and red trim inside.

6 hours ago, sl55 said:

I did blu lemans exterior,  Loge wheels w/ red centerlocks, red calipers and red trim inside.

Just in case its of interest to anyone looking at SVJ Blu Nila is free colour on SVJ and its Blu Lemans with glitter added so it looks slightly lighter

5 hours ago, topjay said:

Just in case its of interest to anyone looking at SVJ Blu Nila is free colour on SVJ and its Blu Lemans with glitter added so it looks slightly lighter

I actually really like blu Nila in person - can't believe it's a free color on the SVJ, especially since others in that same category (specialty metallic) are still charged for. 

Man I can not wait for mine to be here. 

Here's my HP which arrived today. It's blu lemans which looks amazing in person. I also spec'd ad personam seats with the red leather trim on the bolsters and on the Y. I've seen similar seats in a few SVJ demo cars. Personally I think a similar blue would look sick on the SVJ because of all the black accents.

47368029_10161051399875175_9035662728861

47181190_10161051399735175_2695804431710