Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

3 hours ago, Luxeous said:

Only 120 coupes in the US? I’ll ask my dealer if he’s heard the same, that’s crazy low. How many Lambo dealerships are in the US? Last I heard each one got one demo and 3 customer specs. 

A demo SVJ and 3 allotments per dealer? I'd find that VERY unlikely. High volume dealers that would be fitting. Usually, the demo car(s) floats around a couple/few per coast. If they started doing one per dealer, especially a V12 that would be a huge shift.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are 4 Lambo dealer in Canada: Montreal, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver. I believe each one has received 1 SVJ demo (which most likely are already sold)

3 hours ago, RDW said:

There are 4 Lambo dealer in Canada: Montreal, Toronto, Calgary & Vancouver. I believe each one has received 1 SVJ demo (which most likely are already sold)

3 hours ago, RDW said:

For some reason, I was thinking a corporate fleet of demo's. Not their own vehicle. That makes more sense. I've heard of them selling prior to arrival and negotiating in the use for test drives, wonder if buyers were ok with that or if they are getting a decent discount. 

To be honest I'm not sure if the SVJ arrivals are really demo's, most likely sold cars that are available to be viewed.

1 hour ago, RDW said:

To be honest I'm not sure if the SVJ arrivals are really demo's, most likely sold cars that are available to be viewed.

Sorry - should have clarified that they aren’t demos as much as they are pre-selected options from the factory - you could either choose one of the 6 preset styles or wait for designing your own. As far as I know all of the dealer optioned cars are spoken for. All were air freighted to the US, really strange that some are arriving faster than others.

did you guys see there’s apparently been the first customer specced car delivered to Lambo NB? I think it’s black. 

On 12/8/2018 at 2:25 PM, RDW said:

OK, lets do the CAD conversion: $568,283 USD = $750,133 CAD add in options say $100,000K worth = $850,133 Now in Vancouver BC our illustrious NDP governments just put a 25% surcharge on cars over $150K (used to be 15%) so all in no-trade your SVJ roadster is a paltry $1,062,666 CAD

That's not quite how it works. Because the CAD USD exchange fluctuates, pricing needs to be set. Canadian SVJ pricing took awhile to obtain because dealership owners requested Lambo SpA set a more reasonable exchange as the SVJ was already optimistically priced. That said your pricing is close.

3 hours ago, Destructo said:

A demo SVJ and 3 allotments per dealer? I'd find that VERY unlikely. High volume dealers that would be fitting. Usually, the demo car(s) floats around a couple/few per coast. If they started doing one per dealer, especially a V12 that would be a huge shift.

I agree. Lambo Vancouver alone got 8 allocations. Lambo Calgary got 5. I am sure the US total is much more than 120. 

Also my understanding is reception to the SVJ has been lukewarm. No official confirmation on this yet. Price point has been one issue, some feel it's simply too high. Model confusion was another issue, with SVJ, SVJ Roadster, SVJ63, SVJ63 Roadster, LB, and now the one off, all rolled out prior to first SVJ coupe delivery. A third possible issue was Aventador fatigue, with just too many produced and to be produced.

I've heard the aforesaid items account for lower projected roadster production. Again this isn't officially confirmed, it's speculation... for now.

4 hours ago, porter said:

I agree. Lambo Vancouver alone got 8 allocations. Lambo Calgary got 5. I am sure the US total is much more than 120. 

Also my understanding is reception to the SVJ has been lukewarm. No official confirmation on this yet. Price point has been one issue, some feel it's simply too high. Model confusion was another issue, with SVJ, SVJ Roadster, SVJ63, SVJ63 Roadster, LB, and now the one off, all rolled out prior to first SVJ coupe delivery. A third possible issue was Aventador fatigue, with just too many produced and to be produced.

I've heard the aforesaid items account for lower projected roadster production. Again this isn't officially confirmed, it's speculation... for now.

Agreed. It's almost as if they blew their wad right out the gate and it left people scratching their collective heads about what to do. More isn't necessarily a good thing in this situation. Should I buy, A, B, C, D or E? Especially with no real significant differences?

I think they are trying to do things differently, which is great and you have to try. Sometimes it fails, other times it works, I think it's just something we've grown accustomed to in a different format. I'm sure it'll get sorted out. I'd be shocked if the SVJ doesn't eventually turn hot.

3 hours ago, porter said:

You state 8 allocations - they have actually entered that many orders or took deposits. 

The SVJ - no idea where you are posting luke warm - it's not true there are more deposits than dealers have confirmed allocations. 

Model confusion - what's confusing Lambo made one SVJ coupe - the LE63 Carbon Edition was given to 63 VIP customers while over 125 LB48 depositors many were told no 63LE coupe as were many other VIPs. 

There is no fatigue - it's the fastest factory road car on record at the Ring. 

The JOTA lack of sales is not true add the limited roadster will have depositors screaming for an allocation. 

Curious where you got your information or if you have one on order because none of it from what I have seen that you posted is true. 

The JOTA's that have arrived at two dealers were dealer cars and air freighted - Lambo will technically place a hold on them but what the dealer does or charges no one knows. 

Bottom line - today there are way more orders than cars and dealers are screaming for allocations to supply customer deposits they took. 

13 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Lamborghini can only build X amount of cars - URUS JOTA Performante LB48 and upcoming new models all take up production which is limited. 

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

Agreed. It's almost as if they blew their wad right out the gate and it left people scratching their collective heads about what to do. More isn't necessarily a good thing in this situation. Should I buy, A, B, C, D or E? Especially with no real significant differences?

I think they are trying to do things differently, which is great and you have to try. Sometimes it fails, other times it works, I think it's just something we've grown accustomed to in a different format. I'm sure it'll get sorted out. I'd be shocked if the SVJ doesn't eventually turn hot.

Don't be shocked it is hot - few posts up you see a JOTA at ADM and the dealers who chose to air freight their store allocation will too. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Don't be shocked it is hot - few posts up you see a JOTA at ADM and the dealers who chose to air freight their store allocation will too. 

The factory paid for dealer spec cars to all be air freighted, the rest are ~$10k bill to the customer if they so chose.

This info was directly from my dealer. 

5 hours ago, porter said:

All three dealers in SoCal told me 3 but they were hoping to get more - honestly not sure where they stand now. That may be why Lambo told all of them to just keep taking deposits.

I was personally on the fence about the SVJ to start but I think long term it’s the Lambo to have. If it’s the ‘performante’ upgrade To the AV S then it’s got to be incredible. From what I’ve heard from Brandon, the owner of the white one from BH, it’s an incredible difference compared to the SV. 

7 hours ago, Luxeous said:

The factory paid for dealer spec cars to all be air freighted, the rest are ~$10k bill to the customer if they so chose.

This info was directly from my dealer. 

True but for they were not dealer spec. 

Dealers took the air freight launch edition option because they want the JOTA - it they were concerned about not being able to sell they  would order a special spec deny air freight and put off taking delivery as long as possible. 

3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

True but for they were not dealer spec. 

Dealers took the air freight launch edition option because they want the JOTA - it they were concerned about not being able to sell they  would order a special spec deny air freight and put off taking delivery as long as possible. 

I thought all V12's went air-freight regardless? 

8 hours ago, Luxeous said:

All three dealers in SoCal told me 3 but they were hoping to get more - honestly not sure where they stand now. That may be why Lambo told all of them to just keep taking deposits.

I was personally on the fence about the SVJ to start but I think long term it’s the Lambo to have. If it’s the ‘performante’ upgrade To the AV S then it’s got to be incredible. From what I’ve heard from Brandon, the owner of the white one from BH, it’s an incredible difference compared to the SV. 

JOTA vs SV - there is a big price and production difference SV long term could be the one to have for collectors. 

Stradale vs Scuderia low production great sounds over performance wins. 

My SV with race exhaust is hard to beat and the JOTA will not receive a race exhaust option. 

7 minutes ago, Destructo said:

I thought all V12's went air-freight regardless? 

Nope - it's an added cost to the buyer. 

A lot of big engine cars are being delayed at Port for whatever reason - air freight has become very popular. 

3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

A lot of big engine cars are being delayed at Port for whatever reason - air freight has become very popular. 

Interesting, and good to know. 

I'm pretty sure all Canadian Lamborghini's are air freighted which is why the Freight & PDI is so high ($17,995 CAD for the Aventador) and is included in the MSRP price of the car. 

4 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Does anyone know how long it actually takes to get to California by boat once it's built? Guessing if it's shipped by boat it's done in batches? Apparently if you air it, it arrives 2 days after it's finished on the line. 

I think people are confusing deposits being left or accepted as actual allocation which is not correct.  I believe the 120 number to be true because that works out to be 3-4 cars per dealership which is that is as much as they are going to get.  

16 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

You state 8 allocations - they have actually entered that many orders or took deposits. 

The SVJ - no idea where you are posting luke warm - it's not true there are more deposits than dealers have confirmed allocations. 

Model confusion - what's confusing Lambo made one SVJ coupe - the LE63 Carbon Edition was given to 63 VIP customers while over 125 LB48 depositors many were told no 63LE coupe as were many other VIPs. 

There is no fatigue - it's the fastest factory road car on record at the Ring. 

The JOTA lack of sales is not true add the limited roadster will have depositors screaming for an allocation. 

Curious where you got your information or if you have one on order because none of it from what I have seen that you posted is true. 

The JOTA's that have arrived at two dealers were dealer cars and air freighted - Lambo will technically place a hold on them but what the dealer does or charges no one knows. 

Bottom line - today there are way more orders than cars and dealers are screaming for allocations to supply customer deposits they took. 

Your writing style is difficult to understand. First paragraph - is that a question? Second paragraph - are you agreeing or disagreeing?

We’ve already established Lambo doesn’t care about the secondary market and produce as many as they think they can sell. With that in mind why do you think they are projecting much lower roadster production numbers?

I know you’re a Lambo fan but realize we’ve all been here for years if not decades discussing all things Lamborghini. We want them to succeed. However Destructo was correct - they botched the roll out and blew their wad. The SVJ hype was real, when the reveal finally came they one upped themselves and co-presented an arguably uglier “more desirable” 63 version that was both confusing and annoying to legit buyers. 

Also I’m sure you realize this, SpA didn’t name the car Jota or JOTA, it’s SVJ. 

15 minutes ago, porter said:

Your writing style is difficult to understand. First paragraph - is that a question? Second paragraph - are you agreeing or disagreeing?

We’ve already established Lambo doesn’t care about the secondary market and produce as many as they think they can sell. With that in mind why do you think they are projecting much lower roadster production numbers?

I know you’re a Lambo fan but realize we’ve all been here for years if not decades discussing all things Lamborghini. We want them to succeed. However Destructo was correct - they botched the roll out and blew their wad. The SVJ hype was real, when the reveal finally came they one upped themselves and co-presented an arguably uglier “more desirable” 63 version that was both confusing and annoying to legit buyers. 

Also I’m sure you realize this, SpA didn’t name the car Jota or JOTA, it’s SVJ. 

I agree with most things besides that the SVJ63 somehow botched it.  All 63 were spoken for within a week of the Quail and 25 of the 63 is coming to the states so I doubt anyone had any confusion since the SVJ63 pretty much was not attainable to begin with.  Even at the Quail Lodge when I was speaking to the bosses they pretty much said forget about trying to secure the 63 coupe cause they were already gone.  

The SVJ63 was unobtainable for most anyways. My dealer got 1 SVJ63 and Lamborghini corporate (not the dealer) picked which client was allowed to buy it. If SVJ Roadster production is half of coupe production like what has been stated earlier than most dealers will have far more deposits than available allocations.