Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

51 minutes ago, porter said:

Your writing style is difficult to understand. First paragraph - is that a question? Second paragraph - are you agreeing or disagreeing?

We’ve already established Lambo doesn’t care about the secondary market and produce as many as they think they can sell. With that in mind why do you think they are projecting much lower roadster production numbers?

I know you’re a Lambo fan but realize we’ve all been here for years if not decades discussing all things Lamborghini. We want them to succeed. However Destructo was correct - they botched the roll out and blew their wad. The SVJ hype was real, when the reveal finally came they one upped themselves and co-presented an arguably uglier “more desirable” 63 version that was both confusing and annoying to legit buyers. 

Also I’m sure you realize this, SpA didn’t name the car Jota or JOTA, it’s SVJ. 

Super Veloce JOTA - let's start there and the only ones confused are those that don't listen. 

Additionally stating the 63 LE is confusing and annoying - you sure about that. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, sprite said:

The SVJ63 was unobtainable for most anyways. My dealer got 1 SVJ63 and Lamborghini corporate (not the dealer) picked which client was allowed to buy it. If SVJ Roadster production is half of coupe production like what has been stated earlier than most dealers will have far more deposits than available allocations.

There were over 100 LB48 depositors. 

63 were chosen for the LB48 - many of the ones not receiving the LB48 received the 63LE coupe. 

1 hour ago, porter said:

Your writing style is difficult to understand. First paragraph - is that a question? Second paragraph - are you agreeing or disagreeing?

We’ve already established Lambo doesn’t care about the secondary market and produce as many as they think they can sell. With that in mind why do you think they are projecting much lower roadster production numbers?

I know you’re a Lambo fan but realize we’ve all been here for years if not decades discussing all things Lamborghini. We want them to succeed. However Destructo was correct - they botched the roll out and blew their wad. The SVJ hype was real, when the reveal finally came they one upped themselves and co-presented an arguably uglier “more desirable” 63 version that was both confusing and annoying to legit buyers. 

Also I’m sure you realize this, SpA didn’t name the car Jota or JOTA, it’s SVJ. 

Apologies the window for editing closes too fast. 

I am not sure why you would state someone else's car is ugly - the 63LE was the show stopper at Monterey you seem intent on hurting the brand and owners. 

Further you state that Lamborghini does not care about the secondary market - I have had conversations and could not disagree more. 

Ferrari doesn't care from - based on my experience Lamborghini does. 

Did you buy a Super Veloce or have a Super Veloce JOTA deposit? 

Reason i ask - I think a lot of people talk from the outside looking in. If you are on the inside my apologies but my experience with Lamborghini is far different than yours which makes me think you are on the outside looking in. 

1 minute ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I am not sure why you would state someone else's car is ugly - the 63LE was the show stopper at Monterey you seem intent on hurting the brand and owners. 

Further you state that Lamborghini does not care about the secondary market - I have had conversations and could not disagree more. 

Reason i ask - I think a lot of people talk from the outside looking in. If you are on the inside my apologies but my experience with Lamborghini is far different than yours which makes me think you are on the outside looking in. 

Congrats on your new SVJ when it comes in BTW. I myself am inside looking out. But I am not (yet) anyway getting an SVJ its not as appealing to me as my SV so I canceled mine. I can appreciate it for sure but if you are driving it you must like it. The engineering re ALA etc is kool but I rarely will utilize that. Are you getting a 63 as well? ;-) 

47 minutes ago, Keith Richards said:

Congrats on your new SVJ when it comes in BTW. I myself am inside looking out. But I am not (yet) anyway getting an SVJ its not as appealing to me as my SV so I canceled mine. I can appreciate it for sure but if you are driving it you must like it. The engineering re ALA etc is kool but I rarely will utilize that. Are you getting a 63 as well? ;-) 

Thanks. It started with an SV roadster which  i have for sale but priced high as I don't know when something will arrive to replace it and agree it's one hell of a car.

I think people get confused about Lamborghini - it's a small company doing big things. 

Last year placed J roadster deposit which tuned into a trip to NY and additional deposit on the LB48. - now confirmed LB48 allocation and lost the 63LE Coupe but still fighting :) 

There is a lot of things coming from Lamborghini which makes the brand exciting - people take the Aventador IMO for granted. 

What other brand places a V12 in the rear - add to that a 7 minute ring time and now a 6:45 Ring time. 

There is nothing even close at triple the price and it's certainly doesn't look sound or perform anywhere near the new Lamborghini's. 

Suggest the race exhaust - it's the best thing I have ever heard. 

58 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

58 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Not quite accurate. I stated arguably uglier. Big difference.

Ferrari doesn't care about the value of their cars on the resale market but Lamborghini does? :D

If you think I am here as a moderator on a Lamborghini forum to hurt the brand you have a screw loose. 

It's difficult to have collaborative discourse with you because you state things as fact when they are not.

My goal here is to guide discussion on a subject which I have what most would consider a deep knowledge of. Some of your comments are accurate, some are not quite correct, I'm simply trying to true the course. Sorry if you disagree, but I know what I know.

3 hours ago, porter said:

omg Destructo the formatting hElP mEeeee......

Kidding! Good job man. And by good I mean adequate :ninja:

LOL I'll make a photo guide tonight for it ;)

12 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Thanks. It started with an SV roadster which  i have for sale but priced high as I don't know when something will arrive to replace it and agree it's one hell of a car.

I think people get confused about Lamborghini - it's a small company doing big things. 

Last year placed J roadster deposit which tuned into a trip to NY and additional deposit on the LB48. - now confirmed LB48 allocation and lost the 63LE Coupe but still fighting :) 

There is a lot of things coming from Lamborghini which makes the brand exciting - people take the Aventador IMO for granted. 

What other brand places a V12 in the rear - add to that a 7 minute ring time and now a 6:45 Ring time. 

There is nothing even close at triple the price and it's certainly doesn't look sound or perform anywhere near the new Lamborghini's. 

Suggest the race exhaust - it's the best thing I have ever heard. 

YOU ARE CORRECT My uncle in England took me for a ride in a Muria 67 when I was a kid (12)  a Verde Scandal (they called that color something else then) brown leather was a dream ever since, took me long enough but I did it!! I have had a few Lambos I'm old 64 look like it, but I'm aggressive and like these like no one else, I have had tines pipes and now I put on the Balboni Titanium system on $35,000 US but the SVJ one coming out is 8 pounds only and looks amazing they tell me. I frikken love my SV and its loud but tuned perfectly. I'm in the USA with it all the time mainly Calif San Diego area but Canada is where I'm from. COLD!  I also have an LNB Pipe for sale SV ,  cheap if you know an SV owner. it's at Lamborghini Newport Beach One hell of a light system, blows fire and extremely loud. At my age, I even hear it clearly LOL.  For shits see http://www.speeddemons.com Hobby site with some of my things etc. 

2 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I agree with most things besides that the SVJ63 somehow botched it.  All 63 were spoken for within a week of the Quail and 25 of the 63 is coming to the states so I doubt anyone had any confusion since the SVJ63 pretty much was not attainable to begin with.  Even at the Quail Lodge when I was speaking to the bosses they pretty much said forget about trying to secure the 63 coupe cause they were already gone.  

Sorry I should have clarified. By confusion I meant frustration not actual confusion. As stated the build up for the J was real. By release, most were drooling. At release, concomitant unveiling of the 63 was... odd? Hoards were clawing for J allocations and now... something else, curiously slotted above the SVJ? 

It was odd for some, frustrating for many. Regarding aesthetics, that's debatable whether the 63 was "nicer" than the base J.

4 hours ago, sprite said:

I've been given same info as Nuvolari from my dealer. Was told they were given 4 coupes.

Hope you're correct. Would be great for the brand.

Hope you are well man.

4 minutes ago, porter said:

Hope you're correct. Would be great for the brand.

Hope you are well man.

My only thought with the 120 coming to the US is where are all the rest going? Isn't the US the largest market for Lamborghini?

13 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

My only thought with the 120 coming to the US is where are all the rest going? Isn't the US the largest market for Lamborghini?

I think worldwide there are more and more Lambo dealers out there and hence the Urus. Good question re the US maybe they are not the #1 Lambo country in the World many counties sell Lambos and those have $$$$$$$$ even if they pay 2 X the value of the car for Taxes etc. Crazy stuff. 

One comment from the last several which I agree, for the money the Aventador line SV, SVJ etc are THE best bang for your buck, you want something better go get in line and take a number, Oh and bring along a very big suitcase of $$$

1 hour ago, Luxeous said:

If one country with population of 330 mil can take 120 I am sure between Russia, Europe, Asia and Middle East the other 680 would be nothing.  There are more billionaires just in Moscow than any other city in the world combined.   The brand has grown and I hope it stays true that so few are coming state side.  

If you go Ad Personam on the "normal" SVJ you can make the 63 Edition look like a ricer's kit.

I should know this, but wasn't China the 2nd largest Lambo market after U.S.? 

4 hours ago, porter said:

Your writing style is difficult to understand.

I know you’re a Lambo fan but realize we’ve all been here for years if not decades discussing all things Lamborghini. We want them to succeed. However Destructo was correct - they botched the roll out and blew their wad. 

2 hours ago, porter said:

Ferrari doesn't care about the value of their cars on the resale market but Lamborghini does? :D

If you think I am here as a moderator on a Lamborghini forum to hurt the brand you have a screw loose. 

It's difficult to have collaborative discourse with you because you state things as fact when they are not.

My goal here is to guide discussion on a subject which I have what most would consider a deep knowledge of. Some of your comments are accurate, some are not quite correct, I'm simply trying to true the course. Sorry if you disagree, but I know what I know.

All of the above are sooo true.   

Nuvolari612, there are a handful of members who are very well informed on what's going on at Lamborghini SpA.  They are either being polite or don't give a damn on what you are saying. 

A) Your writing is indeed very difficult to comprehend. 

B ) These members have also been invited to preview the LB48H either at the factory or at Lambo House NYC.  And, of course, they get invited to the party at Monterrey.  Whether they wished to participate or not is, of course, at their discretion.  And if one is truly connected to the luxury exotic car world, these invitations would be endless and easy whether it's from Lamborghini, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Bentley and even Bugatti etc...  A stack of them usually comes in 6 weeks prior to Monterrey every year. 

C) LB48H all sold, no big.  At the preview, Borkert certainly did his part trying to sell everybody one by saying he would personally look after the so-called customization of each one.  Well, he should...  And since you were there, you would concur about the signed NDA so I cannot and will not say much about it.  But I don't think it's too much of a deal really. 

D) Those who did not get a LB48H did not, by default, get a SVJ-63.  At the end of the day, it all boils down to how the dealer works with Automobili Lamborghini America LLC.  Canada will also have an extra step on dealing with Audi/Lamborghini Canada. 

E) The allocation that Porter mentioned is factual and genuine!  There are quite a few who lost interest on the SVJ after some many Aventador variants had been announced; after revealing that 900 coupes will be made; and the price gap between the SVJ and the SV is substantial.  It's not a matter of affordability; it's a matter of making wise decisions. 

F) Here's an ironic fact: at one of the recent unveiling event at a Lambo dealership, the dealer had to ensure that there was absolutely no SV being displayed at the showroom/venue.  Why?  It is because the SV has a plaque that reads <1 di 600>; just like the SV-J's one reads <1 di 900>.  Go figure about the SV-J's exclusivity or lack thereof.

G)  Name one car manufacturer that actually cares about their used-product market.  Not even Bugatti cares; especially now with Winkelmann at the helm.

H) I am aware that at least 2 owners who received allocations on both the LB48H and the SVJ63.  So again, having ether isn't a big deal at all as one can certainly get both if the connections are right.

I) We are all Lambo supporters here; no one is trying to discredit the brand but they did botched the launch the on the SV-J; that a non-disputable fact.  Let's also concur that Lambo needs to make as much $$$ as possible since so many resources, including new infrastructures, had been poured into the factory for the Urus.  VAG/Audi will be watching Lamborghini with an eagle eye to ensure they get their investments back.  So Lamborghini needs to push as many models as they are capable of and beyond to satisfy the bean-counters.

J) Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder.  As some have indicated here, there are currently 6 "standard" themes that SVJ owners can spec their car in.  The 63 is a half a step above these 6 themes, i.e. another variant.  And then there's the Ad Personam program.  What's stopping anyone to go to the factory, have a meeting with the AP director or either 1 of his 2 colleagues to tailor-made a bespoke SVJ that would go above and beyond the SVJ63?  So long as they are willing to pay for it.

K) And lastly, before you asked, here's the answer: I'm sure you know what this is if you had received conformation for either a LB48H or a SJV63 or both.  It also validates all of the above that I had mentioned are genuine facts rather than regurgitating what I have read or heard.

IMG_2946.JPG

5 hours ago, Luxeous said:

Very cool VCR! Congratulations!! When is expected delivery?

3 hours ago, porter said:

There is a difference between arguably ugly and ugly - why even post it. 

Ferrari has a tiered buy in - if you bought new Ferrari's you would know vs Lamborghini who does not until you get to the sought after new LE's. Try buying a LE Ferrari and you will then learn the curve is much greater than Lamborghini. They take age wealth past Ferrari ownership of new and old the list is long. 

I state things from my and others actual experiences - which is why I ask you what you are basing your opinions on. 

The discussion becomes misguided when you state things with no foundation other than your whim - if you aren't an SV or JOTA buyer what are you basing all the insults on.  Don't be sorry just lay some foundation so someone doesn't take your word for things and dislike what Lamborghini is doing because they red your post and that's their take away of current conditions which are contrary to mine. 

51 minutes ago, CallMeJarob said:

:eusa_clap:

27 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Very cool VCR! Congratulations!! When is expected delivery?

Thank you very much.  No idea actually.  Then again, I might move onto a roadster or a SVJ63roadster instead (the latter has yet to be announced but it would be silly for Lambo not to do it as those should be easy sale if the quantity is right).

1 hour ago, VCR said:

IMG_2946.JPG

I don't know why you feel the need to post what you did. 

My perspective is my perspective - my writing style is my writing style. 

Neither require your or the moderators approval - when you need to publish your 63LE letter it speaks volumes. 

As an LB48 depositor and signed NDA's - additionally stating you can move it to a roadster LE 63. 

You seem to be on a roll - good luck with that and I mean that unlike you who chooses to take things to the gutter. 

The discussion becomes misguided when you state things with no foundation other than your whim - if you aren't an SV or JOTA buyer what are you basing all the insults on.  Don't be sorry just lay some foundation so someone doesn't take your word for things and dislike what Lamborghini is doing because they red your post and that's their take away of current conditions which are contrary to mine. 

I believe you have either forgotten or you were never aware that Porter had one of the best looking SV's around --- in Blu Nethuns with rosso highlight.  And if you only knew what his journey on exotic cars has been.  You have no idea what he had recently amassed.