Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

8 hours ago, sl55 said:

Wow...

Holy shit that looks amazing

VCR, welcome back and congrats!  

Kinda feels like old times in here.   Feeling a bit nostalgic! 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Cool and you are good at what you do. 

i come here to learn and share same as everyone else. It's no secret that I like it lively it separates the men from the boys. 

Much appreciated. 

:icon_thumleft: 

10 hours ago, Destructo said:

Everyone gets a break now and then. Time will tell, so we'll let it be for the time being. 

Good for you - it's one thing to keep the inmates from overtaking the prison but when the mods go rogue it's not looking good. 

If nothing else - people sure do post a lot of "stuff" in a JOTA thread. 

Guys who took the cheap shots from the bleachers - you aren't all wrong but if Lamborghini chose 63 people they must think I am at least not a cunt :) Allan and LA Brit should come out of the closet and who knows Porter and a few others that post here with hard ons might make it easier for them too! 

To those with a JOTA roadster deposit better make sure you are in or you are ... 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Good for you - it's one thing to keep the inmates from overtaking the prison but when the mods go rogue it's not looking good. 

If nothing else - people sure do post a lot of "stuff" in a JOTA thread. 

Guys who took the cheap shots from the bleachers - you aren't all wrong but if Lamborghini chose 63 people they must think I am at least not a cunt :) Allan and LA Brit should come out of the closet and who knows Porter and a few others that post here with hard ons might make it easier for them too! 

To those with a JOTA roadster deposit better make sure you are in or you are ... 

Seriously 

Do you think coming back to the board and insulting everyone, attacking the mods and other long term members is going to make you loved and accepted , just because you own nice cars and bought a special edition Lambo ?

So let me get this right , we should all bow to you because you are THAT SPECIAL individual who has it all and knows is all , everyone else is just a plebian .

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with our world , arrogant , self centred and egocentric megalomaniac.

Congrats to you for having done well , at the same time , keep your condescending comments to yourself , none of us are impressed , your attitude sucks beyond belief .

I am not a fan of banning anyone , especially a Lambo owner , at the same time , people like you give the brand a very bad name , any brand . 

You have a choice , you change your tone , you refrain from posting insults or you will be gone again.

I suspect you ego will not allow you to stay quiet and you  will go for the confrontation, be my guest .

9 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

Seriously 

Do you think coming back to the board and insulting everyone, attacking the mods and other long term members is going to make you loved and accepted , just because you own nice cars and bought a special edition Lambo ?

So let me get this right , we should all bow to you because you are THAT SPECIAL individual who has it all and knows is all , everyone else is just a plebian .

You are the perfect example of what is wrong with our world , arrogant , self centred and egocentric megalomaniac.

Congrats to you for having done well , at the same time , keep your condescending comments to yourself , none of us are impressed , your attitude sucks beyond belief .

I am not a fan of banning anyone , especially a Lambo owner , at the same time , people like you give the brand a very bad name , any brand . 

You have a choice , you change your tone , you refrain from posting insults or you will be gone again.

I suspect you ego will not allow you to stay quiet and you  will go for the confrontation, be my guest .

I drive an F350 dually - plow snow cut grass when needed work 7 days a week. 

Survived cancer and in pain daily from it -  take care of a young person who lost her mother and give til it hurts.  

You stating I am what is wrong with this world - is me. 

If you knew me you would not say any of what you stated - my post was a joke but you are too worked up to see the light. 

Cars are a reward - this place is toxic for me. 

3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I drive an F350 dually - plow snow cut grass when needed work 7 days a week. 

Survived cancer and in pain daily from it -  take care of a young person who lost her mother and give til it hurts.  

You stating I am what is wrong with this world - is me. 

If you knew me you would not say any of what you stated - my post was a joke but you are too worked up to see the light. 

Cars are a reward - this place is toxic for me. 

This place is toxic because you choose to make it toxic . I have no reason to disbelieve what you posted above, i am very sorry about your health issues but the same time, if you are the kind person that you say you are, it does not reflect in your posts.

If anything, your experiences of life should make you appreciate life and alter your approach towards others . 

So you say your post is  a joke , did you read it over ? Did you read the reaction of the other members ? They are all wrong ? Nobody thought it was funny.

Our members are passionate about the brand and of all cars in general , it seems that you are too and based on what you tell us , you have a nice collection of cars . Why can you not share your experiences without getting into dick swinging and one upmanship , does it make you fell superior ,nobody cares ?

A car is a car , it is nice to be able to afford a rare or expensive car but it does not make the person.

21 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

This place is toxic because you choose to make it toxic . I have no reason to disbelieve what you posted above, i am very sorry about your health issues but the same time, if you are the kind person that you say you are, it does not reflect in your posts.

If anything, your experiences of life should make you appreciate life and alter your approach towards others . 

So you say your post is  a joke , did you read it over ? Did you read the reaction of the other members ? They are all wrong ? Nobody thought it was funny.

Our members are passionate about the brand and of all cars in general , it seems that you are too and based on what you tell us , you have a nice collection of cars . Why can you not share your experiences without getting into dick swinging and one upmanship , does it make you fell superior ,nobody cares ?

A car is a car , it is nice to be able to afford a rare or expensive car but it does not make the person.

Let's address the mods going rogue - Roman posted in new member general section - every new member is worthless not the exact words but along those lines. 

I posted in that thread saying - do you treat every new client the same at your place of business and went on to say new members should be welcomed etc.  

That long standing toxic post by Roman - within a day after my comment mine and Romans post were deleted. 

Few posts up a moderator calls me a cunt - which reflects the moderators are toxic / gone rogue. Followed by members and you about me having a disorder - again toxic. 

You additionally add toxicity by claiming I do not share my cars without dick swinging. 

Go the Ferrari section which I shared my 16M FF and believe Speciale.

Go to the RR Cullian section which I shared my launch car. 

Go the Viper section where I shared my GTS-R  

Go to the SV Roadster section.  

Go to the Race section - shared my Ferrari Challenge car. 

If I thought a car made a person I would not drive Fords 99% of the time. 

I do not regret one post you and others may or may not as I do not tell other people unlike you how to feel. 

Happy Holidays!

7 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Let's address the mods going rogue - Roman posted in new member general section - every new member is worthless not the exact words but along those lines. 

I posted in that thread saying - do you treat every new client the same at your place of business and went on to say new members should be welcomed etc.  

That long standing toxic post by Roman - within a day after my comment mine and Romans post were deleted. 

Few posts up a moderator calls me a cunt - which reflects the moderators are toxic / gone rogue. Followed by members and you about me having a disorder - again toxic. 

You additionally add toxicity by claiming I do not share my cars without dick swinging. 

Go the Ferrari section which I shared my 16M FF and believe Speciale.

Go to the RR Cullian section which I shared my launch car. 

Go the Viper section where I shared my GTS-R  

Go to the SV Roadster section.  

If I thought a car made a person I would not drive Fords 99% of the time. 

I do not regret one post you and others may or may not as I do not tell other people unlike you how to feel. 

Happy Holidays!

Alright, I've had enough. This is going to be the last of it. Then we are back on topic.

1. The old post by Roman was from A LONG time ago Like 6 YEARS AGO. The only reason you noticed it, was because the sections were moved around with new formatting. After reviewing the post, it was no longer relevant and removed because of that. I even addressed it in that thread to you as such. To not worry about it. If I saw someone responding to posts that were more than 6 years old, I'd just assume they were looking to stir drama up. Which you admit to with your quote on "like it lively." Guess what, I don't I despise drama, it's petty, immature and counter-productive. So you trying to hash it out here AGAIN after it already being addressed in the thread, is indicative of someone just looking for chaos.

2. If one person calls you a name, do you then assume that all of those similar people (without expressing it) share the same view? You're painting with too broad of a brush. There is no conspiracy, this isn't a rogue state. So someone doesn't like you? They call you a name? This isn't kindergarten, let it go and don't fuel the fire. Simple as that. Anytime I've looked for drama here I've found it. Anytime I've tried to avoid it, the result? Nine times out of 10 it wasn't an issue. So here we are in the 10%. 

3. The "toxicity" you keep mentioning is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Thousands of people pass through here with nary an issue. This place is exactly what you make of it. And if someone calls you out, do they make a point? It takes some emotional maturity to determine if they are right, even to a degree and even more to adjust course. Am I saying that's what's happening? That's not for me to decide. You have to look in yourself and see if there is any truth to the criticism. 

Consider the mutualist relationship that sharks and pilot fish have. Generally, sharks don't eat pilot fish because they work together. I'd wager that if a pilot fish got to be a pest to the shark it would be a quick snack. But the majority of them don't. So don't sacrifice yourself to the altar of "lively drama" for its own sake. 

So keep sharing, it's what makes the site great. People from all background come to get involved on many levels. Just be chill and have fun, and don't make mountains out of mole hair. 

#END

Honestly, I wish we could all just get along.  I have made some great friends on these boards, gained a lot of useful knowledge, and gotten good advice when I had an issue with my cars.  I thank you guys for that...seriously, take a deep breath, put your egos aside and have fun. Obviously we are all successful in our own right or we wouldn't be throwing big money after grossly depreciating, non-necessary goods.

Anyway, I need your collective advice.  Got the call for the config. code to give my dealer to lock in my allocation for the SVJ roadster 2 days ago.  After agonizing about the color and driving my good friend Rob nuts picking his brain, finally settled on Arancio Atlas.  Really wanted green again, but after the last 2 lambos being Verde Ithaca, thought I needed to change the color and I want to stay with a skittles color.  Anyway, now I am having second thoughts about if I really want to dump another $670K in a car that, to the casual observer, looks just like my current car, but in a different color and with a wing???  Or do I wait and go for the successor to the Aventador?  

Never flipped a car, but as someone who is seriously considering paying $45K over MSRP for a special Porsche (someone is flipping, 17 miles on the odometer), would I be stupid to go ahead with the order, see the car, see the demand and possibly flip it, if I don't love it? Anyone done that on a newly ordered lower allocation Lambo (ie, SV) and actually not lost money?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:23 PM, sl55 said:

First customer SVJ has landed in the US...

Going to Vegas, I believe

51 minutes ago, EyeDoc said:

Honestly, I wish we could all just get along.  I have made some great friends on these boards, gained a lot of useful knowledge, and gotten good advice when I had an issue with my cars.  I thank you guys for that...seriously, take a deep breath, put your egos aside and have fun. Obviously we are all successful in our own right or we wouldn't be throwing big money after grossly depreciating, non-necessary goods.

Anyway, I need your collective advice.  Got the call for the config. code to give my dealer to lock in my allocation for the SVJ roadster 2 days ago.  After agonizing about the color and driving my good friend Rob nuts picking his brain, finally settled on Arancio Atlas.  Really wanted green again, but after the last 2 lambos being Verde Ithaca, thought I needed to change the color and I want to stay with a skittles color.  Anyway, now I am having second thoughts about if I really want to dump another $670K in a car that, to the casual observer, looks just like my current car, but in a different color and with a wing???  Or do I wait and go for the successor to the Aventador?  

Never flipped a car, but as someone who is seriously considering paying $45K over MSRP for a special Porsche (someone is flipping, 17 miles on the odometer), would I be stupid to go ahead with the order, see the car, see the demand and possibly flip it, if I don't love it? Anyone done that on a newly ordered lower allocation Lambo (ie, SV) and actually not lost money?

Going to Vegas, I believe

You're one of the good ones, never leave! :)

That being said, if I were in your shoes? Will this be the only Lamborghini in the stable or are you holding onto the other? The car should never be about what others think. If you love it, then it doesn't matter if the casual observer knows the difference. Those who know the difference will, and while that doesn't even matter, the true enthusiasts will appreciate your choice.

The Aventador successor will I'm sure "Break the Internet" but is the desire for what's latest and greatest in the eyes of yourself, or for the group? The last Aventador will logically be the most sorted-out and trouble-free car; while the new one will have growing-pains no doubt.

It's not an easy decision to make, but I'm no expert on the blue-chip side of things. I'd speculate, and others may disagree, but I'd think the SVJ will grow in value farther down the line rather than initially. But others will know more than I do in that respect.

45 minutes ago, EyeDoc said:

How were you able to give a config code without the roadster builder being up on the site? 

My line of thought is basically the same as yours - I don't want to lose a ton on it. The way I've specced mine (and how soon it'll be here) I believe I could flip it if I wanted but I don't intend to - it's a very special car. One reason I didn't go with a roadster is that you are actually getting close to the release of the replacement by the time you get the car - that would personally make me nervous. SVs held well until the SVJ was announced - I'd imagine you'll see the biggest drop in the SVJ when the new model is close. 

There may be something to be said about it being the last full NA v12 but tbh I think many Lambo buyers just want the latest and greatest. Lambo has continuously proven that they know how to design cars we all drool over, I would expect the replacement to be nothing short of insanity. :)

Doc, consider this, to the "casual observer" a 996 S isn't really any different from a 991 GT3, Turbo, or 2RS.  But to those who know, all those cars are as alike as miatas and F350s.  This should really only be about you, what you want/like, and how it makes you feel.  Will it be the last true N/A V12, quite possibly.  The 670SV seems to be doing quite a bit better than a regular 640 over the long term, so if history tells us anything. 

I'd have to think if you really didn't like the car, or didn't find it special enough, you could sell it for MSRP quite easily and have no real loss.

Details on the 2RS you're after? :eusa_dance:

EyeDoc, first off, congrats!

It's your car, you are paying for it and you are driving it.  It matters little what others think.  The causal observer, as the name implies, wouldn't care anyway.  And if they or someone are interested to learn more, a good conversation can be struck; that it's much more than just different colour with a wing, it now has 4WS, ALA, higher hp and is lighter still etc...  All Lamborghini purchases are silly per se; they are toys and not the least practical (ok, perhaps the Urus may alter that perspective a tiny bit).  As such, so long as one is financially readied for it; which you obviously are; why not?  Some may disagree but IMO modern Lamborghini's are never good investments.  In fact, even vintage ones; when compared to Ferrari's or Porsche's of similar heritage and/or rarity; generally do worse.  Hence, if you fancy the current model, again, why not?  There is one advantage to the SV-J, it will most likely be the last of the ICE NA V12 flagship and is in limited production albeit the production numbers are not exactly low.  Would Lambo come out with a final 20 or so "SV-GT"or whatever they will be called just to milk the very last drop from the Aventador series, who knows?  But if so, it won't be much different from the SV-J, i.e. the differences between the SV-J and the SV will surely exceed the differences between the SV-J and the final model; should Lambo choose to make such a thing.  95% sure that the replacement flagship will be a hybrid so it will feel and sound differently.  So that may up the SV-J collectible factor a bit.

From my exposure to the SV-J, I can confidently say that there are obvious differences between the SV and the SV-J, the moment you fired the two up and you will notice the two sound quite different from each other.  Factor in the 4WS and you can choose the the permutations and combinations on the steering, suspension and shifting modes separately and the changes are even more obvious.  And at higher speed, the ALA will start to show its efficacy.  I have my bias of course but I would vote yes on the SV-J roadster.  I don't think you would gain much, if any, if you decide to flip it but at least you had your time with it and can proudly say you have been there and done that.  

Thank you Luxeous and Destructo for your insightful comments.

Hubby will most likely keep his Superleggera and if I take this allocation, then I will sell my Aventador Roadster.  So, starting with 2 and ending with 2.

As far as allocation, you are absolutely correct, Lamborghini.com does not have configurator up for roadster, so dealer wants a code based on coupe and will transfer it to roadster (place holder, I believe).  I went with a roadster because with the top on, I really feel like I have no visability and that is un-nerving when I drive, so I knew the coupe was a no start for me.  Dealer is guessing fall/early winter of 2019 delivery. And I am having these doubts about getting the car now because I know myself; I always get the 'wants' for the latest and greatest model.

1 hour ago, emanon said:

Doc, consider this, to the "casual observer" a 996 S isn't really any different from a 991 GT3, Turbo, or 2RS.  But to those who know, all those cars are as alike as miatas and F350s.  This should really only be about you, what you want/like, and how it makes you feel.  Will it be the last true N/A V12, quite possibly.  The 670SV seems to be doing quite a bit better than a regular 640 over the long term, so if history tells us anything. 

I'd have to think if you really didn't like the car, or didn't find it special enough, you could sell it for MSRP quite easily and have no real loss.

Details on the 2RS you're after? :eusa_dance:

Lizard green GT3RS (would have loved a GT2RS, but those are going for over $100K over MSRP...crazy numbers!). This one is from a 'flipper," used model, 17 miles on odometer.  I guess I have a thing for green ;)

great looking beast...and for the Canadian prospective buyers a $900,000 CAD charge + tax!

Definitely a bit cheeky. But talk about playing your cards... if someone wants one, this is the only one to be had. That’s creative exclu$ivity. 

Personally I think the coupe # to the US was lower than expected. And I know a few others dropped this, but I’m hearing it too... the SVJR allocation is significantly lower than the coupe.