• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/16/2018 at 3:08 PM, sl55 said:

The 63 has to go...

Watched the Car Community video on YouTube about it, so good. They got some great shots in the rain too. 

Just spoke to a friend who has direct contact with Director of Sales Paolo Gabrielli and was told they are not going to make more than 500 SVJ coupes.  And that roadsters will be even less due to production timelines.  

This goes in line with my GM telling me only 120 coupes are allocates to the states. 

5 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

Just spoke to a friend who has direct contact with Director of Sales Paolo Gabrielli and was told they are not going to make more than 500 SVJ coupes.  And that roadsters will be even less due to production timelines.  

This goes in line with my GM telling me only 120 coupes are allocates to the states. 

Now I am confused. I thought the official number stated by the company was 900 SVJ coupe.

I was never clear on where the 63 sat in this number. i.e. 837 SVJ + 63 "63" SVJ = 900 total or 900 SVJ + 63 "63" SVJ = 963 total

I suppose build number confusion with Lamborghini shouldn't come as a surprise. After all they guarenteed a maximum of 4000 AV. The total number is likely to be in excess of 9,000 and probably closer to 10,000

Based on this I would take any stated build numbers with a pinch of salt.

Just came from my dealer here, and the manager said 800 SVJ coupes...the numbers will exceed the SV by quite a bit!

7 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I hope this is true and would explain the limited number of coupe allocations, but it's completely opposite from what I was told in Monterey by people from Lamborghini. Who knows maybe Lamborghini themselves didn't really know how many they would build. If it's the case then it's great news for the people with an order. I'll remain wishful, but skeptical.

Tim (Shmee150) mentions 900 coupes and 900 roadsters in this SVJ review video below. I assume this was the number he was told during the event.

Didn't Lamborghini themselves released in a public statement that they will be making 900 SVJ coupes?  Unless I'm getting old (which I am), I swear I read it somewhere...

What Lamborghini said in August may be irrevelant now.   Remember they also said they are going to make 350 670SVs and had to stop at 186 cause they had no time left and had to switch to building Aventador.   

It is essentially 2019 and they simply aren’t going to have time to build 900 SVJ coupes, god knows how many roadster SVJs, and still build the standard S and S roadsters all in 18 months at most.   

Not quite true, they couldn’t sell al the 670 hence the low number. 

There will be as many as they can plausibly sell, US may be fine but most markets are struggling, which may be why the possibly revised numbers rather than say we can’t sell them and quite a few people are waiting for the new model. Given time if a market is strong I would Imagine everyone that wants one will get one and without publicity and confirmed exact numbers.  IMO 

Tough to sell the SJV which costs close to or over a million dollars in some markets when the replacement is around the corner. I think the smart move would have been to release the SVJ last year or actually produce them in very limited numbers.

5 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

What Lamborghini said in August may be irrevelant now.   Remember they also said they are going to make 350 670SVs and had to stop at 186 cause they had no time left and had to switch to building Aventador.   

It is essentially 2019 and they simply aren’t going to have time to build 900 SVJ coupes, god knows how many roadster SVJs, and still build the standard S and S roadsters all in 18 months at most.   

I believe the AV S and S roadster production is ending soon. And the 670SV came out during the global financial crisis so I don't think it had anything to do with no time left to build more SVs, it probably had more to do with not enough buyers due to the crisis.

900 Coupé is the number I heard too. Btw, just before the owner took delivery (Lyon, France)

46708599_528828960949500_7910709089208340153_n.jpg

46750219_913051102418277_7078625745638370695_n.jpg

46757007_267716977228504_2648486803510545819_n.jpg

Sans-titre-1.jpg

To be clear all Lamborghini marketing states 900 coupe, I do wonder if they backtrack and say that’s the coupe and roadsters and then the 63 cars are extra, coupe and roadsters to fill the gap, that would be a lot better number for a car as expensive as they are, with something better coming around the corner

They will produce as many as they can force on dealers. If the released number of 900 gets revised to something smaller, it is because of lack of demand. 

There are not many orders for S and S roadsters right now. Buyers have moved up to SVJ, over to SV, down to base, or held off entirely.

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

900 Coupé is the number I heard too. Btw, just before the owner took delivery (Lyon, France)

46708599_528828960949500_7910709089208340153_n.jpg

46750219_913051102418277_7078625745638370695_n.jpg

46757007_267716977228504_2648486803510545819_n.jpg

Sans-titre-1.jpg

That is one of the prettiest looking ones yet...damn.

Car works very well in non skittle colours. Grigio Telesto and Nero above look great. White also looks good.

15 minutes ago, white viper said:

I was just told 500 coupes 300 roadsters 125 for North America and I lost my allocation for a roadster 

any ideas on what hat the story really is 

Sorry to hear - a lot of people are in the same boat. Until lamborghini officially announces the roadster production assume each dealer gets 3 maybe 4. 

Dealers assumed they would get the same amount of JOTA's as SV's. 

The Roadster allocation and spec took place weeks ago - unless someone backs out or you can make a deal on the dealer spec car guessing ADM. 

23 minutes ago, Nuvolari612 said:

Sorry to hear - a lot of people are in the same boat. Until lamborghini officially announces the roadster production assume each dealer gets 3 maybe 4. 

Dealers assumed they would get the same amount of JOTA's as SV's. 

The Roadster allocation and spec took place weeks ago - unless someone backs out or you can make a deal on the dealer spec car guessing ADM. 

What pisses me off is my deposit been in since Jan 18 and I had to buy a svj coupe to get the roadster now I don’t know if I should bother even taking the coupe 

6 hours ago, white viper said:

What pisses me off is my deposit been in since Jan 18 and I had to buy a svj coupe to get the roadster now I don’t know if I should bother even taking the coupe 

I know guys that were denied a coupe and moved to roadster only to find out they are getting nada. Lamborghini line is getting longer especially limited models - getting out of line if you like the brand and being put at the end won't be fun. 

Ask the dealer if they can reach out to other dealers and swap the coupe for roadster - the coupe will arrive earlier than the roadster it's worth a shot. 

The JOTA is one of few cars I would take in a coupe vs roadster.