Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

How are they scaling back to 500 when the plaques on the first cars say 1 of 900? Is this Murci SV style where they are making less than what it was originally limited to? 

@VCR is this what you were eluding to a while back before the SVJ launched - lower production numbers that would still benefit the SV? The original numbers quoted definitely helped the SV maintain it's value better as it was seen as more limited - if they actually only make 500 SVJs then it benefits both, exactly as you stated. Was this the plan all along?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Luxeous said:

How are they scaling back to 500 when the plaques on the first cars say 1 of 900? Is this Murci SV style where they are making less than what it was originally limited to? 

@VCR is this what you were eluding to a while back before the SVJ launched - lower production numbers that would still benefit the SV? The original numbers quoted definitely helped the SV maintain it's value better as it was seen as more limited - if they actually only make 500 SVJs then it benefits both, exactly as you stated. Was this the plan all along?

I cannot speak for the Lamborghini SpA of course but there was a meeting at the factory a few weeks ago and the major dealers were expressing concerns about the value of the SV's as well as new sales of the AV-S (along with feedback of disgruntled SV customers who technically own the rarer cars but their value is plummeting).  I don't think making only 500 SVJ's was the plan all along.  It was more like they would make as many as the market demands but with a maximum cap of 900 in total.  How many SVJ's will Lambo ACTUALLY make would likely remain a mystery for a little while --- just like what you have mentioned above per Murci SV.  What is more interesting will be how many SVJ roadsters would be produced and whether there would be a SVJ63 roadster (or whatever it will be called).

I think the rumour is 500 SVJ's for North America only.  So the total of 900 cars worldwide is still possible.

30 minutes ago, sl55 said:

Personally opinion of course but somehow, that does not look as good as I had imagined it to be. :(

19 hours ago, VCR said:

I cannot speak for the Lamborghini SpA of course but there was a meeting at the factory a few weeks ago and the major dealers were expressing concerns about the value of the SV's as well as new sales of the AV-S (along with feedback of disgruntled SV customers who technically own the rarer cars but their value is plummeting).  I don't think making only 500 SVJ's was the plan all along.  It was more like they would make as many as the market demands but with a maximum cap of 900 in total.  How many SVJ's will Lambo ACTUALLY make would likely remain a mystery for a little while --- just like what you have mentioned above per Murci SV.  What is more interesting will be how many SVJ roadsters would be produced and whether there would be a SVJ63 roadster (or whatever it will be called).

I think the rumour is 500 SVJ's for North America only.  So the total of 900 cars worldwide is still possible.

:icon_thumleft: As usual VCR has it correct

On 1/3/2019 at 11:27 AM, Luxeous said:

Scaling back production or scaling back allocations for the US - dealers were hoping for more allocations they simply are not getting. What has been said here is that the JOTA was not selling and I disagreed stating it's going to be tough to get an allocation even for SV owners. Dealers who sell a lot of brands gave allocations to their better customers and that is where some allocations went to. 

Many months ago JOTA coupe allocation dealers filled their allocations and received one for their dealership. 

The roadster which has also been given allocations to dealers to be filled with real customer names weeks ago were filled - average US dealer received 3 and may or may not one for their dealership depending on bonus incentives. New Showroom etc incentives just like the S is now receiving to help sell units. 

My guess is they want to go to Geneva stating sold out on all JOTA's LB48 so if someone has not received an allocation by then it's going to be tough to get one. 

We are seeing JOTA ADM 50 - 100k on the coupe - expect higher on the roadster. 

The 63LE Roadster is still a rumor but that rumor carries the number of under 30 units. 

Murci was in a terrible economy and sales were horrible even Ferrari shuttered their factory for an extended time. 

21 minutes ago, sprite said:

Total or coupes?

The coupe is the only JOTA announced - when the Roadster gets announced it will have production. The only thing that is unknown with the coupes is the 63LE included in total production. The JOTA and it's announceents will be no different than the SV 600 coupes 500 roadsters. That being said it's just my guess just like this article.

https://www.motor1.com/news/264122/lamborghini-aventador-svj-roadster-confirmed/

22 hours ago, VCR said:

Correct, at the moment at Lamborghini: Market demand → Limited production. 
The whole Murcielago SV case is why they started numbering their cars 1 of X amount, instead of car number x of X amount. It makes it harder to track how many cars are actually produced compared to the amount that was promised. (looking up and counting VIN numbers of limited models individually is essentially the only way). The amount of both the Aventador and Huracan lines are produced in order to satisfy the market demand, even the limited models like the SVs and Performantes. 

1 hour ago, APB said:
1 hour ago, APB said:

Correct, at the moment at Lamborghini: Market demand → Limited production. 

That's obviously not the case when people are getting bumped from buying a SVJ or SVJ Roadster. Like white viper mentioned above.

Just got the confirmation - my car will be on the line next Tuesday!

Sounds like it's all sort of a toss up right now as to how many are made but feel like they are pulling back from that original 900 after all the grumblings of over-production. I personally hope they drop the quantities but I guess only time will tell. Being able to announce it's sold out will definitely help. 

On 1/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, VCR said:

Personally opinion of course but somehow, that does not look as good as I had imagined it to be. :(

I am the opposite. I like it a lot. It is actually better than I imagined. Seeing it in the real would be the decider. 

I suspect this colour will not be good for resale value. Saying that, the Diablo 6.0SE in gold seems to command a chunky price.

Spoke to my dealers GM yesterday and confirmed I am locked in for SVJ roadster at the #1 slot.

The letters I see some people have posted as confirmation is that just for the 63 edition or do you get a “congratulations” letter for the standard SVJ as well and if so do you get that before or after you spec out the car ? 

2 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

Spoke to my dealers GM yesterday and confirmed I am locked in for SVJ roadster at the #1 slot.

The letters I see some people have posted as confirmation is that just for the 63 edition or do you get a “congratulations” letter for the standard SVJ as well and if so do you get that before or after you spec out the car ? 

Congrats

63LE and LB48 receive a letter because they are factory allocations - LB has buy / sell restrictions no idea about the 63LE. 

JOTA is selected by the dealer so there are no buy / sell  limitations like the factory LE's. 

15 hours ago, Luxeous said:

Just got the confirmation - my car will be on the line next Tuesday!

Sounds like it's all sort of a toss up right now as to how many are made but feel like they are pulling back from that original 900 after all the grumblings of over-production. I personally hope they drop the quantities but I guess only time will tell. Being able to announce it's sold out will definitely help. 

Congrats

My opinion is they are sticking with exactly what the article and Lamborghini has stated. 

900 units -  US breaks down 120 J coupes / 100 J roadster / 60 S AV / 30 LE63 / 10 LE63 roadsters total estimate 1/3 of 900 reflecting what has always been stated by Lamborghini. I could be wrong but it makes sense and has been very consistent. 

On 1/5/2019 at 9:31 AM, Nuvolari612 said:

Congrats

My opinion is they are sticking with exactly what the article and Lamborghini has stated. 

900 units -  US breaks down 120 J coupes / 100 J roadster / 60 S AV / 30 LE63 / 10 LE63 roadsters total estimate 1/3 of 900 reflecting what has always been stated by Lamborghini. I could be wrong but it makes sense and has been very consistent. 

If they did this, the math would suggest few copies than SV.  Is that correct?

On 1/4/2019 at 10:50 PM, sprite said:

The number of coupes (900+63 with the special carbon/paint edition) was namely created by market demand. Haven't heard anything about Lamborghini Spa cutting down the  SVJ numbers, but "sold-out" status definitely hasn't been reached on the coupes yet. If Lamborghini was driven by limited production in front of "market demand" they would have made less SVJs than the SVs in the first place. 

4 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

If they did this, the math would suggest few copies than SV.  Is that correct?

Yes but until Roadster production is announced it's just a guess. 

If there are coupe J allocations in the US please tell us where they are - I do not think they are out there let alone at msrp. Two have been offered and sold way above msrp by the owners on the secondary market.

Dealers are told what's next - they look at their tiered list and respond with X amount will purchase X will be offered for retail creating allocations. 

Factories take extremely sophisticated steps  before production. 

Who says the coupe is not sold out ? Please let me know where there’s is a coupe allocation at MSRP so I can make a quick $50k lol   There isn’t   

12 hours ago, Cadster said:

That spec is ideal.  $606 original MSRP and offered at $695.  Wish I could have secured an allocation.

Lamborghini V12 final pure NA rear engine  is finally getting the positive attention it deserves.

Securing an allocation is long gone - the last NA V12's SV JOTA  are going to be hard to pry from owners hands. 

3 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

Who says the coupe is not sold out ? Please let me know where there’s is a coupe allocation at MSRP so I can make a quick $50k lol   There isn’t   

I was talking about the worldwide allocations, not region or U.S specifically.