Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

You cant have it both ways.

People bitch and moan about Ferrari all the time but when Lambo does the opposite they bitch and moan as well.  Most dont see the $$$ lost when buying run of the mill Ferraris over and over again for the chance to get a "special" one.  Business friend of mine was told to get a TDF he had to have purchased 3 production Ferraris new and one had to be the Lusso that they cant give away.  Most just see oh "this guy paid $700k for TDF and just made $500k profit by selling it for $1.2 mil."  Meanwhile completely not considering that same guy lost $600k+ on his 3 new Ferrari he was forced to buy.  

I have never purchased a new Lamborghini but own two currently and showing to my dealer that i was a true bull fan i was allocated an SVJ  roadster. Now this happened because I was aggressive enough to leave a deposit March of last year.  I feel anyone that considers themselves "Lambo VIP" and were serious about getting an SVJ would have gotten one. 

Only scenario I see is if they waited and waited and were indecisive to the point that allocations were taken.  I just dont see someone like Kris wanting one and factory said "nahhhh screw this guy we are gonna give it to this unknown person." 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

You cant have it both ways.

People bitch and moan about Ferrari all the time but when Lambo does the opposite they bitch and moan as well.  Most dont see the $$$ lost when buying run of the mill Ferraris over and over again for the chance to get a "special" one.  Business friend of mine was told to get a TDF he had to have purchased 3 production Ferraris new and one had to be the Lusso that they cant give away.  Most just see oh "this guy paid $700k for TDF and just made $500k profit by selling it for $1.2 mil."  Meanwhile completely not considering that same guy lost $600k+ on his 3 new Ferrari he was forced to buy.  

I have never purchased a new Lamborghini but own two currently and showing to my dealer that i was a true bull fan i was allocated an SVJ  roadster. Now this happened because I was aggressive enough to leave a deposit March of last year.  I feel anyone that considers themselves "Lambo VIP" and were serious about getting an SVJ would have gotten one. 

Only scenario I see is if they waited and waited and were indecisive to the point that allocations were taken.  I just dont see someone like Kris wanting one and factory said "nahhhh screw this guy we are gonna give it to this unknown person." 

Every tdf I know about the owner is obligated to sell it back to the dealer at no higher than msrp for X years. When i was offered a 599 GTO it was 3 years FROR in wirting but if I did not thereafter they would remove from the VIP list. There are strict ways to resell from Ferrari Lamborghini and others for LE's break those rules and you end up like Wynn Ferrari who lost their dealership. 

Agree with Alpha those who wanted one paid in early and showed up at events etc. and even then needed to make a real effort to show the dealer and Lambo they were all in - the few we see being flipped lost their VIP status.

That’s the issue you will be lucky to get invited to any event and far down any list here even if you committed money years ago as the dealers at so busy chasing Youtubers and new breed of customers that they totally rip because don’t really like or know about cars and so have no idea what they are buying or what any of the options are they are being sold. 

Its basically a popularity contest now, over brand loyalty and history 

Think the market here here must be different to the US

1 hour ago, topjay said:

That’s the issue you will be lucky to get invited to any event and far down any list here even if you committed money years ago as the dealers at so busy chasing Youtubers and new breed of customers that they totally rip because don’t really like or know about cars and so have no idea what they are buying or what any of the options are they are being sold. 

Its basically a popularity contest now, over brand loyalty and history 

Think the market here here must be different to the US

In the US it's just been first come first serve as far as I'm aware - I put my SVJ deposit down as soon as I heard rumors of it. I've also got the first customer spec on the AV successor (with my dealer) as well.

5 hours ago, Luxeous said:

In the US it's just been first come first serve as far as I'm aware - I put my SVJ deposit down as soon as I heard rumors of it. I've also got the first customer spec on the AV successor (with my dealer) as well.

True but the line is forming - be interesting to see what shows up at Geneva. 

Hearing below 100 US Roadsters.  

These bullshit VIP programs are ruining the exotic buying experience for many people . The next recession will determine how wrong some of the manufacturers have been selecting their captive client and buyer . Time will tell

9 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

These bullshit VIP programs are ruining the exotic buying experience for many people . The next recession will determine how wrong some of the manufacturers have been selecting their captive client and buyer . Time will tell

... or VIP LE success provides R&D for Lamborghini to build the fastest track and road cars. 

Adding the SUV was said to be a double edged sword but Porsche and now Lamborghini proved that wrong. 

The whole premise of the VIP is to build the brand - without it would be a real concern. 

Dealers are building showrooms all over the world - there is a commitment level from racing to customers to dealers. 

Meh im still betting we see 900 coupes plus however many roadsters. If Lambo has taught us one thing over the years, if there is $$$$ to be made the cars will be getting built. 

I remember people here stating that no more than 4000 Aventadors would be built because thats how many the molds could make or something funny. How'd that work out?

The guys in video, specifically the owner Alex is a close friend.  He loves the car--can't stop driving it--you have seen it all over instagram.  Best Lamborghini he has had to date and he has had several.

24 minutes ago, DoctaM3 said:

The guys in video, specifically the owner Alex is a close friend.  He loves the car--can't stop driving it--you have seen it all over instagram.  Best Lamborghini he has had to date and he has had several.

I have a feeling we'll start hearing a lot more of that as people get them delivered. With the test track for journalists being newly paved, nobody really had that much interesting feedback on it. Real world driving experience is what I was most excited to hear. 

I got word that my car is now finished, should be here by the end of the month. The suspense is killing me! 

20 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I got word that my car is now finished, should be here by the end of the month. The suspense is killing me! 

:headbang:

4 hours ago, Luxeous said:

I have a feeling we'll start hearing a lot more of that as people get them delivered. With the test track for journalists being newly paved, nobody really had that much interesting feedback on it. Real world driving experience is what I was most excited to hear. 

Congrats, post tons of pics when you receive it!

5 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

DoctaM3, What color is that SVJ?  At times it looks orange and others it looks yellow... most likely yellow but which one?

Thank you sir!

8 hours ago, Luxeous said:

Fantastic! Now the real wait starts! 

4 hours ago, gutshot said:

DoctaM3, What color is that SVJ?  At times it looks orange and others it looks yellow... most likely yellow but which one?

Thank you sir!

It's yellow...

wow, just love that post...especially with the crazy (read: snowy) weather up here in the wet coast...er I mean white coast