LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I think that article is hinting to the LB48H as the last hoorah based on the Aventador.

Two years for the current 1700 J's and 63 of the LB doesn't fill  up production. 

Not so sure one can tether the LB to the AV for it's last hoorah - LB is the begining of Lambo's next gen. 

One more version is my guess. 

Are we to jump to the successor [after the SVJ Roadster]? I think at the moment, we don’t foresee another [non-hybrid] version of the Lamborghini V-12.

Porsche just pushed back their next all battery hyper car for many years I wouldn't expect any different from Lamborghini. 

" There’s the possibility to have a kind of final Aventador family member " so does this mean a final edition Aventador of some sort or?

6 hours ago, sl55 said:

" There’s the possibility to have a kind of final Aventador family member " so does this mean a final edition Aventador of some sort or?

I think so. When they talk about family members they mean models within a certain model (thus it excludes the LB48H). But as Reggiani said, it is still undecided it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a final "extreme" edition of the Aventador, limited probably to a 100 or something like that. Since Aventador is still doing so well they seem to be pushing back the replacement. 

2 hours ago, APB said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a final "extreme" edition of the Aventador, limited probably to a 100 or something like that. Since Aventador is still doing so well they seem to be pushing back the replacement. 

I agree with this post. With a 10 year model cycle for the 12 cylinder we still have until summer/fall 2021 to go to see MY22. I suspect we see an SVJ based LE, stripped down weighing 100kg less and 10HP more. 

I agree in general that there will be at least another model added to the Aventador series as mid-2021 is 24+ months away.  I am unsure, however, if the last model would be superior to the SVJ though.  If Lamborghini releases an Edizione Finale based on the SVJ, obviously it needs to top the performance specs of the SVJ.  As such, there will be 1700 angry customers and all the sales at the Lambo dealerships better be readied with an apologetic speech.  That's marketing suicide for Lamborghini.  I tend to believe that an E.F. based on the S is more likely.  1700 cars are a lot which means Lambo likely won't be moving any Av-S anytime soon.  Make an E.F. that uses the parts of the S, do a different livery and badges or a very slight revision such as a different bumper/diffuser (i.e. refer to the last Gallardo for hints).  Do a slight power bump based on the S, say from 740 to 750 (matching the SV's) or 760 (below the SVJ ) so everyone will be happy and call it a day.

Looking at the history of Lambo's flagship cars, most of the final models were not the "best" of its own series.  The 25th anniversary Countach wasn't; the Diablo 6.0SE wasn't (it looks great and drives very well but the SV is a funner car).  Even the Gallardo Squadra Corse wasn't the best of the series (that likely belongs to the STS).  The Murci 670SV was the only exception.    

16 hours ago, APB said:

I think so. When they talk about family members they mean models within a certain model (thus it excludes the LB48H). But as Reggiani said, it is still undecided it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a final "extreme" edition of the Aventador, limited probably to a 100 or something like that. Since Aventador is still doing so well they seem to be pushing back the replacement. 

63 Roadster - just a guess as they left that open by only introducing a coupe. 

Along the lines of Ferrari's Monza street legal would be a nice ending. 

11 hours ago, VCR said:

I agree in general that there will be at least another model added to the Aventador series as mid-2021 is 24+ months away.  I am unsure, however, if the last model would be superior to the SVJ though.  If Lamborghini releases an Edizione Finale based on the SVJ, obviously it needs to top the performance specs of the SVJ.  As such, there will be 1700 angry customers and all the sales at the Lambo dealerships better be readied with an apologetic speech.  That's marketing suicide for Lamborghini.  I tend to believe that an E.F. based on the S is more likely.  1700 cars are a lot which means Lambo likely won't be moving any Av-S anytime soon.  Make an E.F. that uses the parts of the S, do a different livery and badges or a very slight revision such as a different bumper/diffuser (i.e. refer to the last Gallardo for hints).  Do a slight power bump based on the S, say from 740 to 750 (matching the SV's) or 760 (below the SVJ ) so everyone will be happy and call it a day.

Looking at the history of Lambo's flagship cars, most of the final models were not the "best" of its own series.  The 25th anniversary Countach wasn't; the Diablo 6.0SE wasn't (it looks great and drives very well but the SV is a funner car).  Even the Gallardo Squadra Corse wasn't the best of the series (that likely belongs to the STS).  The Murci 670SV was the only exception.    

I agree with most except that the "the last is not always the best." The countach is pretty much the exception.  You may think the Diablo SV is a "funner" car but the 6.0 and 6.0SE are much better cars in every sense.  You can always convert the 6.0 to a RWD and you have a better engine, pretty much better everything.  Also stock for stock the 6.0 and 6.0SE bring more money now than the SV.  The 670SV also brings more and I am sure the last version of Aventador fill follow the same rules.  

The 6.0 does not bring more money than the SV if you're comparing similar cars. As for them being better as well, I disagree. The SV is more exciting to drive. The 6.0 feels heavy like a Murcielago,  and the experience is dulled down. 

20 hours ago, VCR said:

I was actually thinking the same thing. Very well put. 

15 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I agree with most except that the "the last is not always the best." The countach is pretty much the exception.  You may think the Diablo SV is a "funner" car but the 6.0 and 6.0SE are much better cars in every sense.  You can always convert the 6.0 to a RWD and you have a better engine, pretty much better everything.  Also stock for stock the 6.0 and 6.0SE bring more money now than the SV.  The 670SV also brings more and I am sure the last version of Aventador fill follow the same rules.  

Regrets but I tend to agree with Allan.  The 6.0 and the 6.0SE are indeed better cars.  But their heft is obvious when compared to the SV.  The SV just feels more lively like a true Italian exotic sports car whereas the 6.0 and the 6.0SE are more like GT cruisers.  The latter two are more comfortable and the higher build quality is undeniable; but those also seemed to have dulled the feel.   Please don't take it the wrong way but I had a 6.0; I currently have a SV Monterey Edition, a 6.0SE and a 670SV.  A back to back to back comparison yields rather obvious results.

7 hours ago, VCR said:

Regrets but I tend to agree with Allan.  The 6.0 and the 6.0SE are indeed better cars.  But their heft is obvious when compared to the SV.  The SV just feels more lively like a true Italian exotic sports car whereas the 6.0 and the 6.0SE are more like GT cruisers.  The latter two are more comfortable and the higher build quality is undeniable; but those also seemed to have dulled the feel.   Please don't take it the wrong way but I had a 6.0; I currently have a SV Monterey Edition, a 6.0SE and a 670SV.  A back to back to back comparison yields rather obvious results.

At this point I think it's easier for you to list which cars you DON'T have :aiwebs_017:

8 hours ago, VCR said:

If you are ever bored, a write-up about the three would be more than welcomed. It's a true unicorn collection you have there! 

On 3/21/2019 at 10:18 AM, APB said:

Record-breaking season has started, fastest production car at the Hockenheim GP circuit

Awesome. Ill still take the Countach though! 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Destructo said:

Looks good! I'm not 100% on the white accents yet, but we'll see how it looks in the morning :lol2: 

You have a white accent and I like you

What is the MSRP on those 63 SVJ? 

I ended up cancelling my SVJ order.  It was a decision between a high specced Tailor Made F12 TDF or the SVJ,  I ended up choosing the TDF.