Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

So was talking to someone well connected today and I don’t know if it is true as I’ve not heard it elsewhere.

But apparently the V12 is to be dropped from the Aventador replacement as they just can’t get it light enough. 
Same person said the order came from Lamborghini head office and the factory is not at all happy about it and the workers went on strike for several days over it.  Pretty specific stuff if it’s bull. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/19/2020 at 5:56 AM, topjay said:

So was talking to someone well connected today and I don’t know if it is true as I’ve not heard it elsewhere.

But apparently the V12 is to be dropped from the Aventador replacement as they just can’t get it light enough. 
Same person said the order came from Lamborghini head office and the factory is not at all happy about it and the workers went on strike for several days over it.  Pretty specific stuff if it’s bull. 

I had heard in August that Audi was putting a lot of pressure on Lamborghini to replace the v12 with 4.0 v8 but I thought no way. The v12 is part of Lamborghini heritage and soul. I cant believe this would be possible.  I wonder if the weight is an issue because they are trying to combine it with a hybrid system.

Hybrid plus a dual clutch would add additional weight. 

I have a hard time believing Lamborghini would ditch the V12, it's the heart and soul of the brand plus how would they go about marketing a V8 flagship when the Huracan would still have a NA V10.

My personal take is the replacement A will be more of a mid cycle refresh (similar to 488>F8) with updated tech, dual clutch and the V12 hybrid and the V8 goes in the Huracan replacement.

If the V12 will no longer be used in the Aventador successor it is time to get hold of an SVJ ... that will be the last V12 Lamborghini ever then, so it will become valuable in the future ... just drive it a while and then put her into hybernation for a decade or so ... I need to have a talk with my bank manager ... lol

Nobody buys the Aventador because it is faster than the F8 or the 720S. Because it is not. It is in some aspects a bit of a dinosaur. People buy it because it is the only supercar with a V12 still left. All the other V12s are in GTs or hypercars. Lamborghini have that market locked the f**** down. So why in the world would they want to go V8 and fight the cars which people who buy bulls find boring because of their engines? 

On 1/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, Luckydaff said:

Nobody buys the Aventador because it is faster than the F8 or the 720S. Because it is not. It is in some aspects a bit of a dinosaur. People buy it because it is the only supercar with a V12 still left. All the other V12s are in GTs or hypercars. Lamborghini have that market locked the f**** down. So why in the world would they want to go V8 and fight the cars which people who buy bulls find boring because of their engines? 

So true. People keep saying why you not getting a 720, that AV is a slow tank turd. My reply is the V12 sound. I don't care how fast a car is, if it sounds like a weed eater I don't want it. 

Ya ..... well if you want put a turbo on the Avy  lots of power ,but I still love the looks especially the sound of it in comparison to McLaren GT2RS etc. McLaren bore me. You can get your walk behind Lawnmower to go amazing speed but who cares? I used to do this on Motorcycles but nothing beats the good ole naturally aspirated V 12 or anything for that matter. 

1 minute ago, Luxeous said:

If the make the next one a V8 my SVJ just became the best car decision I've ever made lol. 

I think you are right!!! :headbang:

Interesting note that most of the SVJ63 are white. What's up with that?

8 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

Interesting note that most of the SVJ63 are white. What's up with that?

I would venture a guess that white is the safest bet for resale.  M&M's are nice but one has to wait for the "one guy" who fancies "that" colour.

White is as neutral and hence as safe as it can get.

3 hours ago, Destructo said:

Did they have a limited color pallet? I can't remember.

Yes, 6 options were "recommended" by Lamborghini but the full palette is available.  And then there's always Ad Personam.

Yes the SVJ is a “fussy” Aventador design IMHO and the 63 just ads to that. But what do I know ? 

1 hour ago, E7ITE said:

I've always thought that the 63 livery was making an already "fussy" styled car look even more so.

I agree with you , personally , I don’t like any of the stupid stickers they put on the cars . Let the car speak for itself 

4 hours ago, VCR said:

I would venture a guess that white is the safest bet for resale.  M&M's are nice but one has to wait for the "one guy" who fancies "that" colour.

White is as neutral and hence as safe as it can get.

I doubt it. My dealer has a brand new white Aventador S they've had in inventory forever and from what I heard it's available at a nice discount.

14 minutes ago, LPDADDY said:

I agree with you , personally , I don’t like any of the stupid stickers they put on the cars . Let the car speak for itself 

Return of LPDADDY and Roman on the same day?

24 minutes ago, sprite said:

Return of LPDADDY and Roman on the same day?

I wasn’t in the mood to post anything for a while , my brother passed away a few months ago  , has been a very difficult time for the family  . Roman back ? Really ?

1 hour ago, sprite said:

I doubt it. My dealer has a brand new white Aventador S they've had in inventory forever and from what I heard it's available at a nice discount.

Fair.  But if a dealer is being “allocated” a 63 and they are being “asked” by the factory to submit a build sheet by a certain deadline while not having any client showing interest, what colour is the safest bet then?  And a dealer would involuntarily “want” that allocation otherwise they would likely miss future opportunities to get allocations for limited-edition models.

4 hours ago, VCR said:

Fair.  But if a dealer is being “allocated” a 63 and they are being “asked” by the factory to submit a build sheet by a certain deadline while not having any client showing interest, what colour is the safest bet then?  And a dealer would involuntarily “want” that allocation otherwise they would likely miss future opportunities to get allocations for limited-edition models.

Good point. I would think white or black would be good "safe" colors. I wish Lamborghini released more detailed production info such as number of cars made in each color for each MY, etc.

5 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

I wasn’t in the mood to post anything for a while , my brother passed away a few months ago  , has been a very difficult time for the family  . Roman back ? Really ?

So sorry to hear that. Condolences.

9 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

Sorry to hear that A.  Hope life is moving in a positive direction for you and the family.  Yeah Roman made a quick post yesterday.

15 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

Sorry for your loss man. Welcome back. Let us know if there is anything we can do.