Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

Thanks! If it isn't offered by Lamborghini (even as an option) you know one of the tuners will be all over it. I would love to put a roof scoop and dorsal fin on this monster similar to the Super Trofeo Evo

lambo_huracan_evo_6.jpg

YES YES YES!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you guys think that Lambo will use the marble top carbon fiber from the Performante to build all of the SV J ALA bits ?

I think you can bet on it Fortis. I mean from what I understand the process is a lot cheaper and faster. So why not? Also they can do more advanced shapes. So I think the car will at least have it on the inside?

I think you can bet on it Fortis. I mean from what I understand the process is a lot cheaper and faster. So why not? Also they can do more advanced shapes. So I think the car will at least have it on the inside?

:rant:

:rant:

I don't enjoy the look of it at all. It's basically chopped up carbon fibre glued together. No beautiful weaves to look at. No wonder they are using it, virtually no failure rate vs the rejection rate VCR was talking about before which was astronomically high.

yes It is just resin with chopped up carbon fabric . Too plasticy for me and costs them same as plastic.

Much prefer proper 3k or 6k twill prepreg real carbon which is more expensive to make

Good luck explaining to a non car person it's carbon fiber and not a marble countertop stuck to the rear of your car. Lets hope on the SVJ they only use it on a few parts and the interior still retains the weave carbon trim.

I don't enjoy the look of it at all. It's basically chopped up carbon fibre glued together. No beautiful weaves to look at. No wonder they are using it, virtually no failure rate vs the rejection rate VCR was talking about before which was astronomically high.

Yup, plus they can also re-use the excess trimmed off materials too so there's virtually no waste. Smart of them to come up with that but it also took out the "artistry" in the carbon fibre production. Basically, if you have the right mold, the correct resin mixture and the proper autoclave oven, results are guaranteed. But with the weave on the traditional CF, getting everything to align properly takes a really skillful craftsman.

Do you guys think that Lambo will use the marble top carbon fiber from the Performante to build all of the SV J ALA bits ?

Yes. There is no other way to make hollow parts like this in one piece without casting it with forged carbon.

very true. I certainly hope they will not use it but I am afraid Luckydaff is correct in his assumptions.

yes It is just resin with chopped up carbon fabric . Too plasticy for me and costs them same as plastic.

Much prefer proper 3k or 6k twill prepreg real carbon which is more expensive to make

Have you ordered one?

Yes. There is no other way to make hollow parts like this in one piece without casting it with forged carbon.

Fair enough :(

That's going to ruin my plans for my specification.

Fair enough :(

That's going to ruin my plans for my specification.

I agree with you that it doesn't look great. I asked the factory to paint all the parts gloss black on my Performante. They took 2 months to think about it and then told me no. They want people to see it and associate it with Lamborghini.

I agree with you that it doesn't look great. I asked the factory to paint all the parts gloss black on my Performante. They took 2 months to think about it and then told me no. They want people to see it and associate it with Lamborghini.

Just wrap it when you get it that way it will always be reversible for when you will eventually sell it.

Have you ordered one?

I can't order yet here but would only be interested in the roadster version whenever it is announced. Prefer to see it first.

I understand you can't officially order it yet until launch ... But I hear some dealers are taking money upfront as some kind of deposit for a future order or collecting names of potential customers, whatever they do...

I can't order yet here but would only be interested in the roadster version whenever it is announced. Prefer to see it first.

I understand you can't yet officially order it yet until launch ... But I hear some dealers are taking money upfront as some kind of deposit for a future order or collecting names of potential customers, whatever they do...

yes we paid deposits.

I noticed at least one of the two cars that were on the ring last week had two people in it. Usually Lambo removes a seat to compensate for the cage they have to put in for fast laps. Meaning they are not yet going for a record. Got me thinking: We know Lambo is going to try to steal the SUV record "in the spring", imagine if they did it PLUS took the real record from the GT2RS on the same day! Ring Kings indeed ...

Thats not true its the same as any casting and can be done in traditional cf and additionally they could just add the weave on top of the forged like the do with the traditional if they so wished, the pretty pattern is just the top final layer. They have gone with forged for consistency of product & for quality with no effort in finishing the weight difference is marginal at best. I personally think it looks terrible and really cheap.

Thats not true its the same as any casting and can be done in traditional cf and additionally they could just add the weave on top of the forged like the do with the traditional if they so wished, the pretty pattern is just the top final layer. They have gone with forged for consistency of product & for quality with no effort in finishing the weight difference is marginal at best. I personally think it looks terrible and really cheap.

You are right!

Proper CF products can be made in any shape or form , they are just more costly and time consuming to make. Much more classy,

This is a cheap and quick plastic way marketed as forged whatever...

I hate plastic finishes on Lambo cars and always change them to proper carbon , aluminium or chrome.

:monkeyleft:

Nürburgring, SVJ its more faster of than Performante? Lets Wainting for...

a30706553_1698654180252675_2618577057976790959_n.jpg

While it's true that CF can be molded into whatever form, it's the appearance that's challenging.

I was at the Lamborghini Advanced Composite Structures Lab last year and spent half a day there learning about CF & CFRP. To get the weave pattern to line up properly in the final appearance is a work of art. The more curves and kinks, the more the challenge and for some shapes it would simply be impossible to get a consistent and proper looking weave pattern. CFRP is a lot easier as there is no pattern and no consistency (hence much cheaper to manufacture with almost zero waste). To layer CF on top of CFRP would not make much sense as the overall thickness will increase and there will be a minor gain in mass. CF & CFRP cannot be combined in their "raw" forms as the resin is different. Adding raw CF on top of finished CFRP isn't ideal either as the "re-autoclaving" will alter the CFRP's properties to a certain degree. And one still can't have proper weave appearance from the CF at tricky angles.

Lambo's ACSL is a fairly cool place to visit. Only a few people are there but most of them have PhD degrees. They hold workshops and seminars at their on-site classroom/meeting room as well. Lamborghini had come a long way on CF/CFRP starting from the Countach QV's engine cover. It's also interesting to see what they are experimenting on. I cannot disclose any specific details but let's just say it involves internal engine components. If those work, it would surely be a game-changer. Regrets for the OT.

:monkeyleft:

Nürburgring, SVJ its more faster of than Performante? Lets Wainting for...

I hope I'm picking up what your laying down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :turboalex: :icon_super: :icon_thumleft:

6.50???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SVJ looks so damn good. Just imagine what the A replacement will look like.

Let’s just hope they will not use the Centenario design language 🙏🙏🙏