Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

Will be really interesting to see what they do - The fact that the new V12 is always something extraordinary means a lot of us will be judging it against both the current SV and the upcoming car - tough spot to be in. Sincerely hope we are all blown away.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be really interesting to see what they do - The fact that the new V12 is always something extraordinary means a lot of us will be judging it against both the current SV and the upcoming car - tough spot to be in. Sincerely hope we are all blown away.

Blown away - 800+ hp under 6:50 ring time half the SV production 10% price increase.

Centenario add ALA

post-213219-1521584941_thumb.jpg

If it looks anything like the Centenario I will promptly cancer my order. I am a Lambo fan thru and thru and feel it is the ugliest super car in existence. The proportions are so off and look so goofy that just never sits well with me. I know how some cars grown on you with time, but this one is def not one of them. I have seen it in person and its even worse lol

If it looks anything like the Centenario I will promptly cancer my order. I am a Lambo fan thru and thru and feel it is the ugliest super car in existence. The proportions are so off and look so goofy that just never sits well with me. I know how some cars grown on you with time, but this one is def not one of them. I have seen it in person and its even worse lol

Hah - top entertainment apple play steering wheel hood are IMO very nice.

Can't imagine Lambo not using some of the Centenario design which reduced weight 3350 full carbon monocoque and body the air flow at the headlights which McLaren 720 over copied - smart tech in the Centenario.

post-213219-1521596047.jpg

post-213219-1521596067.jpeg

Have you seriously not see the McLaren Senna??? Give proper credit were it is due.

mclaren-senna-7.jpg

mclaren-senna-gtr-concept.jpg

I saw the Senna IRL at the Geneva show one thing I will say, I will never comment on the look of a new car until I see it in real life, the latest designs are difficult to “read” just by looking at the photos. I would also like to take the opportunity to take back everything bad I’ve said about it LOL.

When I saw the full carbon Senna they had in the private section my jaw hit the floor, I absolutely loved the car and I am currently begging for an allocation. I haven’t got goosebumps looking at a car in a long time, I’ve spent at least 1 hour looking at the car, sitting in it etc.

You need to see this car in real life, on the road it will look mental, also there are hundreds of different customization options one can come up with. Also sub 1200 kg dry 800HP with that insane aero package :headbang: I really hope I can get an allocation.

It’s not a pretty car, it’s a crazy looking purposeful car with no regard to anything other then looking extreme, full carbon stripped out, no comforts, sofas etc. inside, one proper race car for the road.

It reminded me of the formula they used on the Sesto Elemento, no frills carbon rocket, that’s how sports cars should be made.

Whom ever gets a Senna is very lucky! I really hope I will be one of them.

Have you seriously not see the McLaren Senna??? Give proper credit were it is due.

mclaren-senna-7.jpg

mclaren-senna-gtr-concept.jpg

Oh yes I have the Centenario still looks uglier. The Senna itself is not an ugly car. It is not beautiful by any means but its not hideous. The Senna GTR now is disgustingly ugly lol.

But the one thing you can bet on the Senna is that she will perform. Cenenario is just an Aventador with a new body kit. Yes the new infotainment is awesome but not paying $1.5mil for a car that doesnt perform like one. What numbers has it put down? What track has it conquered? Is it even faster than an SV or standard Aventador S? Probably not.

Oh yes I have the Centenario still looks uglier. The Senna itself is not an ugly car. It is not beautiful by any means but its not hideous. The Senna GTR now is disgustingly ugly lol.

But the one thing you can bet on the Senna is that she will perform. Cenenario is just an Aventador with a new body kit. Yes the new infotainment is awesome but not paying $1.5mil for a car that doesnt perform like one. What numbers has it put down? What track has it conquered? Is it even faster than an SV or standard Aventador S? Probably not.

Centenario 770 hp 3350 lb.s rear wheel steering excellent aero one for sale is 3.5M which means no one is going to risk losing it on track.

Guarantee it's insanely quick. Sesto Elemento weighed in at 2200 lb.s another insane quick build.

This is not the old Lamborghini that doesn't know how to build a race car - these cars are fast recently back to back winning at Daytona and Sebring isn't lucky.

McLaren can build fast cars turbo lightweight more power - Senna coolest name and car until you compare it to the Mercedes Project will beat everything 2.5M.

Centenario 770 hp 3350 lb.s rear wheel steering excellent aero one for sale is 3.5M which means no one is going to risk losing it on track.

Guarantee it's insanely quick. Sesto Elemento weighed in at 2200 lb.s another insane quick build.

This is not the old Lamborghini that doesn't know how to build a race car - these cars are fast recently back to back winning at Daytona and Sebring isn't lucky.

McLaren can build fast cars turbo lightweight more power - Senna coolest name and car until you compare it to the Mercedes Project will beat everything 2.5M.

I honestly dont buy that just because it is expensive now we cant get real numbers. There are plenty of McLaren P1 GTRs that are far more expensive than the Centenario and they have been let loose on the track just for purpose of testing. If Lambo was sure they would have sent one out for testing. Also the Centenario actually has 759hp not 770 as the name implies.

As far as Rolex 24 and Sebring of course they won with the Huracan not the Aventador. You are talking completely different platforms all together. You are preaching to the quire. I am the biggest Lambo fan but to me I put the Centenario in the same category as the Reventon. And Lambo does this too often by releasing these limited cars that really arent any better than the standard cars. Whether it is the Versaci Murcielago, 50th Anniversary Aventador, Pirelli edition Aventador, and Mura Aventador. The Centenario and even the Veneno even though more visually different are basically Aventadors with a body kit.

I honestly dont buy that just because it is expensive now we cant get real numbers. There are plenty of McLaren P1 GTRs that are far more expensive than the Centenario and they have been let loose on the track just for purpose of testing. If Lambo was sure they would have sent one out for testing. Also the Centenario actually has 759hp not 770 as the name implies.

As far as Rolex 24 and Sebring of course they won with the Huracan not the Aventador. You are talking completely different platforms all together. You are preaching to the quire. I am the biggest Lambo fan but to me I put the Centenario in the same category as the Reventon. And Lambo does this too often by releasing these limited cars that really arent any better than the standard cars. Whether it is the Versaci Murcielago, 50th Anniversary Aventador, Pirelli edition Aventador, and Mura Aventador. The Centenario and even the Veneno even though more visually different are basically Aventadors with a body kit.

Disagree - they are more than a body kit what you are stating is just not true.

P1 GTR is a race car - no comparison to the Centenario a road car.

Even the SV had a cage bolted into the car for the ring time - life safety devices are required if anyone has any self worth.

Huracan is their racing platform - going back a bit

after watching you think that's just a body kit?

The ALA was first placed on a Huracan - the racing is a direct tether to improved passed down performance. The companies that race McLaren Ferrari Lamborghini Mercedes Aston are all now building street legal cars with racing heritage.

These special cars since I have been interested in Lambo at least the ones I mentioned are fast cars - the specs aren't made up the Centenario is 770 hp 400 lb.s less than the SV with rear wheel steering - you don't think it could beat the SV?

Lambo Porsche Bentley and other VW companies do build aesthetic only improvements because their customers buy them - can't blame them for building what a customer wants including the Veneno.

P1 GTR is a race car - no comparison to the Centenario a road car.

Even the SV had a cage bolted into the car for the ring time - life safety devices are required if anyone has any self worth.

Huracan is their racing platform - Sessento was based on a Huracan

These special cars since I have been interested in Lambo at least the ones I mentioned are fast cars - the specs aren't made up the Centenario is 770 hp 400 lb.s less than the SV with rear wheel steering - you don't think it could beat the SV?

Lambo Porsche Bentley and other VW companies do build aesthetic only improvements because their customers buy them - can't blame them for building what a customer wants including the Veneno.

Once again i respectfully disagree with you. I dont know anyone in the Lamborghini community that asked lambo to make the Mura edition or Pirelli edition Aventador.

The 3350lb number you keep mentioning is the dry weight. With fluids the coupe weights 3998 lbs. That is not 400lbs lighter than the SV since the SV weighs 4010 lbs. . And as i mentioned before it does not have 770hp, its 759hp. The Centenario does have RWS but so does the $450K Aventador S.

Once again i respectfully disagree with you. I dont know anyone in the Lamborghini community that asked lambo to make the Mura edition or Pirelli edition Aventador.

The 3350lb number you keep mentioning is the dry weight. With fluids the coupe weights 3998 lbs. That is not 400lbs lighter than the SV since the SV weighs 4010 lbs. . And as i mentioned before it does not have 770hp, its 759hp. The Centenario does have RWS but so does the $450K Aventador S.

I'm not talking about what is published factory stated the Centenario was that much less and it's still more hp with rear wheel steering which makes it faster than the SV.

The Pirelli Miura - all were sold to customers can we agree on that?

Regardless the JOTA is the more track focussed SV - heritage speaks not me. It's been shared the JOTA will beat the GT2RS the Performante beat many cars in fact every car it beat questioned if it were real. Lamborghini is building very fast cars and they are proving it by winning and at the ring which is turning heads that prior had no interest in the brand due to it's bold looks not backed by performance - times have changed :)

I'm not talking about what is published factory stated the Centenario was that much less and it's still more hp with rear wheel steering which makes it faster than the SV.

The Pirelli Miura - all were sold to customers can we agree on that?

Regardless the JOTA is the more track focussed SV - heritage speaks not me. It's been shared the JOTA will beat the GT2RS the Performante beat many cars in fact every car it beat questioned if it were real. Lamborghini is building very fast cars and they are proving it by winning and at the ring which is turning heads that prior had no interest in the brand due to it's bold looks not backed by performance - times have changed :)

Are you listening to yourself? I dont care what factory says. Factories fib all the time. Look at Ferrari. Their published weights are never even close to real life. The Centenario barely weighs 70lbs lighter than the SV. That is that. Pontiac also sold lots of Aztecs but doesnt mean anything. Just because Lamborghini ended up selling their lots of Pirelli Editions and Mura (not for any more $ than your standard Aventador) and many were marked down with heavy discounts doesnt prove they were demanded by owners. You said, Lamborghini is "building what customers want" and I said no i dont remember anyone asking for these goofy editions. If you dont get that point then not sure what else to say.

And once again i already have an allocation for the Jota. This started by me saying that if the new car looks like the Centenario i will cancel my order. I dont care how fast the car is around the Ring if it is an eye sore. I drive a Diablo 6.0 that would probably get smoked by a POS but doesnt mean I am going to sell it because the car is just beautiful.

Now if the SVJ looks like this (which looks nothing like the Centenario) I am all in :)

post-13156-1521641023_thumb.jpg

post-13156-1521641067_thumb.jpg

I know what you are saying and your dislike for aesthetic packages but it sells cars. Ferrari lies no doubt in my mind but I do not believe Lamborghini lies or cheats as they are winning.

Recall Enzo win on Sunday sell on Monday.

Racing supports the new innovations being brought to road cars.

I have been paying very close attention to Lamborghini - and sharing my perspective you don't have to agree but it's fact Lambo does improve the engine suspension and loses weight with their LE cars I mentioned.

Where they go with the JOTA as you pictured seems in line if it's a small increase but if they want 7 - 800k it's going to have to be very limited and very fast with Centenario like features for me to spend over 10% above the SV.

It reminded me of the formula they used on the Sesto Elemento, no frills carbon rocket, that’s how sports cars should be made.

We seriously need an Aventador based Sesto. And a Huracan based Sesto. And the original Sesto. I'm all for a Sesto Siesta!

We seriously need an Aventador based Sesto. And a Huracan based Sesto. And the original Sesto. I'm all for a Sesto Siesta!

You were going to buy an SV and didn’t. Are you going to buy one of these?

If it makes someone feel better, they put Centenario around a track multiple times when journalists drove it.

In reality it`s barely faster than an SV.

As for this, well don`t underestimate it. As said before, it`s quite a big deal. Also as Fortis said somewhere above, possibly the last pure N/A V12 Lambo ever.

Here you go:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/centenario/first-drive

TG, Motor Trend and many others took Centenario for a spin around the track.

You were going to buy an SV and didn’t. Are you going to buy one of these?

I was going to get an SV and got hit with some torpedoes so I couldn't. The SV is still at the top of my to get list, which if things work out will be very soon. I'll be at Monterey Car Week so I'm curious to see what this Jota is all about, it may replace the SV on my to get list.

If it makes someone feel better, they put Centenario around a track multiple times when journalists drove it.

In reality it`s barely faster than an SV.

As for this, well don`t underestimate it. As said before, it`s quite a big deal. Also as Fortis said somewhere above, possibly the last pure N/A V12 Lambo ever.

Here you go:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/centenario/first-drive

TG, Motor Trend and many others took Centenario for a spin around the track.

Thanks good read but it's a group of guys goofing around.

Corsa tires more hp less weight no way it's barely faster - below is the last portion of the article that reflects Lambo is adding performance vs aesthetics in their limited editions.

Centenario is a rolling testbed for the next-generation Aventador and represents a suitably barking-mad end to the Winkelmann era and a century of jaw-droppingly desirable cars, but fires the starting gun on the next generation and the century to come.

Thanks good read but it's a group of guys goofing around.

Corsa tires more hp less weight no way it's barely faster - below is the last portion of the article that reflects Lambo is adding performance vs aesthetics in their limited editions.

Centenario is a rolling testbed for the next-generation Aventador and represents a suitably barking-mad end to the Winkelmann era and a century of jaw-droppingly desirable cars, but fires the starting gun on the next generation and the century to come.

Dude I just want to say you are fcuking annoying as hell. Are you just dense ? No wonder you have been run off this board before. For the last time the Centanario is 80lbs lighter and has 759hp vs 750hp. You think somehow that translates to significant? You are ignoring facts and keep quoting marketing material as gospel. GTFO.

Dude I just want to say you are fcuking annoying as hell. Are you just dense ? No wonder you have been run off this board before. For the last time the Centanario is 80lbs lighter and has 759hp vs 750hp. You think somehow that translates to significant? You are ignoring facts and keep quoting marketing material as gospel. GTFO.

Just to throw in further technicality on the 770 vs 759, the SV has 740 instead of 750......

I was going to get an SV and got hit with some torpedoes so I couldn't. The SV is still at the top of my to get list, which if things work out will be very soon. I'll be at Monterey Car Week so I'm curious to see what this Jota is all about, it may replace the SV on my to get list.

nice! are you replacing anything?

The Centenario has rws trofoe's less weight more hp better aero more downforce smoother shifts all adds up to faster than the SV which I own.

Have you ever driven a car on Trofeo tires on track - those tires alone would take seconds off the Ring time.

I annoy you - tell me when you see me at the JOTA preview can't wait to see you :)