Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

Over here, I've just learned that we need to buy a S to get the SVJ (surprised to learn that SV ownership does't count in this regard). And I'm required to keep it at least a year or so. I'm pretty impressed by the S but just can't see to have the S on top of the SV...

That's a bummer....them trying to play the stupid Ferrari game.

My dealer is Not making me do this

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FWIW, I am not taking sides but...

Nuvo, I don’t know where you get your info. but it’s definitely not what Lamborghini SpA said. I was invited to the Centenario private preview at Quail where they unveiled the A-SV roadster too. I’m also sure that I wasn’t the only LP member there so he/they can attest to what’s I am about to say:

At the C’s presentation, Lambo never said anything about it having superior performance than the Aventador series that it was based on. I was very disappointed by that which was why I did not order one despite I likely would have gotten one. I stayed at the same hotel as the Lambo top brass team (they got me the room) so I had breakfast with them for 2 days. Felippo Perini, designer of the AV-series and all its derivatives, spent a good 30minutes with me talking about the C. It is NOT a rolling test bed at all. The only thing is the interactive touch screen otherwise nothing is new. 4WS is “new” to Lambo but not new at all: Nissan Skylines & Honda Prelude had it decades ago. Perini is a huge fan of old formula race cars and loves the “open engine” design. So he did a modern interpretation or reinterpretation of the design on the C: hence the additional air inlet near the headlights and the big fins at the rear as if the engine was “opened” to the air. So essentially, it’s a car with a different shell based on the hardware of the AV. Nothing too innovative at all and not unlike the Veneno. Btw, Perini also said the V was styled to mimic a Can Am car while the C is styled to mimic a classic GT. So whatever info. you got elsewhere clearly wasn’t from Lambo and performance upgrade is neglegible at best.

As to the looks of the C, one has to be a true hardcore fan of Lambo with a keen eye to appreciate it. There are many subtle motifs to pay homage to Lambo’s of yesteryears. But due to the “open engine” design, the car’s proportions do look a bit strange. I don’t dislike it but I will also admit that it could have been done better.

Lambo simply does not have enough resources to survive on its own. And VW/ Audi has their own say. So whether it was the Reventon, the Centenario or even the AV-J, they were quick and effective products made for the sake of raising capital. And in a way, so were the AV-SV’s and the upcoming SV-J. As far as additional info., the local Urus launch event had already taken place at where I am. Alexandro Farmeschi, William Gonzales and Doug Brown were all present and they wouldn’t/couldn’t say much. Last weekend, I was in Geneva (at least one member here saw me there) and no one was talking; not even behind closed doors within the VIP section. The only info. was the SV-J will be unveiled in the summer (read the posts from this thread by others for hints as to where) and both coupe and roadster will be available. How many of each has yet to be determined. Lambo has always been good at keeping a tight lip on their upcoming products — just enough info. to confirm they are forthcoming but no more additional facts. The looks of the SV-J wouldn’t be too far off from the SV; it will be more radical for sure. And it would only make sense to put everything that Lambo has learned and to integrate it onto their V12 flagship as the final hurrah of the AV series. As such, it shall and it will be a highly desirable car.

This is a phenomenal post VCR, I really appreciate you taking the time to go over all this in such detail.

So - I was at my dealer yesterday on another matter. The sales manager and I chatted over a cup of coffee talking all things Lamborghini. I flew the idea of 185 (one less than Murcie SV) but he thought not. He didn't know for certain but his guess was that Jota would be similar numbers to Aventador SV. I asked if he knew if it would definitely called Jota. He said he didn't know. Personally I think it could be Jota but equally believe it could be something else. Perhaps GT. My gut tells me SV-R might be a dark horse. Time will tell.

During our conversation he asked if I would care to put down a deposit on the JOTA/GT/ SV-R/Performante. My response was non committal but internally I was flabbergasted. Some may recall that I had a deposit down on an SV but didn't make the cut. I'm not sure I want to go through that disappointment again. This will require a bit of reasoned thought.

Nuvolari: Still a stupid cunt.

Shalom Josh "little green jelly bean" suggest expanding your vocabulary may make you appear taller on line.

Sell that Viper yet - your kids are going to need an education.

These posts one day will make them so proud of you.

FWIW, I am not taking sides but...

Nuvo, I don’t know where you get your info. but it’s definitely not what Lamborghini SpA said. I was invited to the Centenario private preview at Quail where they unveiled the A-SV roadster too. I’m also sure that I wasn’t the only LP member there so he/they can attest to what’s I am about to say:

At the C’s presentation, Lambo never said anything about it having superior performance than the Aventador series that it was based on. I was very disappointed by that which was why I did not order one despite I likely would have gotten one. I stayed at the same hotel as the Lambo top brass team (they got me the room) so I had breakfast with them for 2 days. Felippo Perini, designer of the AV-series and all its derivatives, spent a good 30minutes with me talking about the C. It is NOT a rolling test bed at all. The only thing is the interactive touch screen otherwise nothing is new. 4WS is “new” to Lambo but not new at all: Nissan Skylines & Honda Prelude had it decades ago. Perini is a huge fan of old formula race cars and loves the “open engine” design. So he did a modern interpretation or reinterpretation of the design on the C: hence the additional air inlet near the headlights and the big fins at the rear as if the engine was “opened” to the air. So essentially, it’s a car with a different shell based on the hardware of the AV. Nothing too innovative at all and not unlike the Veneno. Btw, Perini also said the V was styled to mimic a Can Am car while the C is styled to mimic a classic GT. So whatever info. you got elsewhere clearly wasn’t from Lambo and performance upgrade is neglegible at best.

As to the looks of the C, one has to be a true hardcore fan of Lambo with a keen eye to appreciate it. There are many subtle motifs to pay homage to Lambo’s of yesteryears. But due to the “open engine” design, the car’s proportions do look a bit strange. I don’t dislike it but I will also admit that it could have been done better.

Lambo simply does not have enough resources to survive on its own. And VW/ Audi has their own say. So whether it was the Reventon, the Centenario or even the AV-J, they were quick and effective products made for the sake of raising capital. And in a way, so were the AV-SV’s and the upcoming SV-J. As far as additional info., the local Urus launch event had already taken place at where I am. Alexandro Farmeschi, William Gonzales and Doug Brown were all present and they wouldn’t/couldn’t say much. Last weekend, I was in Geneva (at least one member here saw me there) and no one was talking; not even behind closed doors within the VIP section. The only info. was the SV-J will be unveiled in the summer (read the posts from this thread by others for hints as to where) and both coupe and roadster will be available. How many of each has yet to be determined. Lambo has always been good at keeping a tight lip on their upcoming products — just enough info. to confirm they are forthcoming but no more additional facts. The looks of the SV-J wouldn’t be too far off from the SV; it will be more radical for sure. And it would only make sense to put everything that Lambo has learned and to integrate it onto their V12 flagship as the final hurrah of the AV series. As such, it shall and it will be a highly desirable car.

Great post VCR. I recall the when it came to test beds, only the Veneno was actually one as underneath the can-am inspired skin was the yet to be released Aventador SV. I've said it before, these limited 1 off series cars are a win for everyone, a few select customers get some very uniquely designed cars, Lambo can show the world a crazy design exercise and raise capital to fun their "normal cars;" I'm all for it. I'm in the camp that actually likes the Centenario, and as you've pointed out there's a lot of classic Lambo lines in the car.

I've looking forward to seeing what the Jota will look like. So here's an important question: Who's going to the Quail this year to see the car and is interested in joining me, Plastique and Assman in fending off cougars and raiding the oyster bar?

Who's going to the Quail this year to see the car and is interested in joining me, Plastique and Assman in fending off cougars and raiding the oyster bar?
Do oysters attract cougars? :leghump:

Shalom Josh "little green jelly bean" suggest expanding your vocabulary may make you appear taller on line.

Got your kid far - lives off of you. Schmuck.

Got your kid far - lives off of you. Schmuck.

You ok jelly bean - insulting my son could you go any (no pun intended) lower.

Regardless - attended Urus event meeting with Lamborghini rep went excellent I even want to give Jelly bean a big hug and wish him Happy Passover.

Got the wife to spec a Bentayga - lovin life thankful to have such a great relationship with the owner and now Lamborghini.

I truly find this place more miserable than pleasant - peace out!

Regardless - attended Urus event meeting with Lamborghini rep went excellent I even want to give Jelly bean a big hug and wish him Happy Passover.

Got the wife to spec a Bentayga - lovin life thankful to have such a great relationship with the owner and now Lamborghini.

Stick to your word this time - fcuk off count cunt and don't come back. Stick to value threads about the CGT on Rennlist - where they all think you're a top cunt too.

Do oysters attract cougars? :leghump:

Only one way to test this theory out... :icon_mrgreen:

Very informative posts VCR, always love to hear about the inner workings at HQ instead of rumors so thanks for sharing. And I might be in the minority but I love the C, sure it might be an A with a body kit but I still think it looks insane. Hopefully you add one to your Lambo collection VCR :)

Stick to your word this time - fcuk off count cunt and don't come back. Stick to value threads about the CGT on Rennlist - where they all think you're a top cunt too.

Value thread on RL - you sold yours and bragged how much you got for it. That thread helped you as it does others.

JOTA AV - you don' own one or intentions to own I would have posted hp modifications production and info on upcoming other LE's.

Doubtful my knowledge is more than other trusted Lamborghini customers with a JOTA deposit.

Either way you are what you are and this forum is what it is - one day green jelly bean you will learn that your disrespect won't get you far in life.

Happy Passover - suggest embracing the Holiday.

This is a phenomenal post VCR, I really appreciate you taking the time to go over all this in such detail.

Yes I agree. Very good post from VCR.

I've looking forward to seeing what the Jota will look like. So here's an important question: Who's going to the Quail this year to see the car and is interested in joining me, Plastique and Assman in fending off cougars and raiding the oyster bar?

Put me down for that. I'll be at The Quail. I've had a deposit down on this car since late last summer.

Personally I think Nutella is far more effective than oysters with cougars. LOL

Thank you lpdaddy and VCR for elequently explaining things point by point.

Great post VCR. I recall the when it came to test beds, only the Veneno was actually one as underneath the can-am inspired skin was the yet to be released Aventador SV. I've said it before, these limited 1 off series cars are a win for everyone, a few select customers get some very uniquely designed cars, Lambo can show the world a crazy design exercise and raise capital to fun their "normal cars;" I'm all for it. I'm in the camp that actually likes the Centenario, and as you've pointed out there's a lot of classic Lambo lines in the car.

Very informative posts VCR, always love to hear about the inner workings at HQ instead of rumors so thanks for sharing. And I might be in the minority but I love the C, sure it might be an A with a body kit but I still think it looks insane. Hopefully you add one to your Lambo collection VCR :)

Yes I agree. Very good post from VCR.

Thank you all very much for the kind words. :turboalex: Just doing my part for the Lamborghini community here.

As afore-mentioned, I do not dislike the C. Just that it really is nothing more than a re-shelled AV with a fancier interior. It`s very nice but not nice enough for the price that it was asking for. It is beyond any doubt that both the A-SV and the H-P will out-perform the C in all criteria (ok, the P does not have scissors doors but I don`t think that`s a deal-breaker). And for the price of a C, one can get a SV + a P and still have plenty of $ leftover for other things. The price of the C is at Koenigsegg and almost Chiron level which are both hypercars and the C is not. And judging from the Reventon auction value, the C isn`t going to bring in any more $ than its original worth either. It`s a collector car for those who prefer this genre of vehicle. If one prefers it, great; and if can can get one, even greater. But do not overrate it for what it really is. Lamborghini SpA`s top brass had never claimed any superior performance on the C over the SV from the day the it was disclosed to an invited few and it maintained that way even when the actual car was completed and shown to the public.

sl55, thanks again for the kind words. Highly doubtful that I would get a C. At that level, I would aim for a Koenigsegg or really indulge and get a Chiron. But I thunk it would be more realistic to start looking for a good Miura instead. I did add something to the bull pen recently. I`ll share in due course (no, not a Urus).

add me the "Thank you VCR" crowd, very reasoned and informative comments.

I'm pretty new on this board but I would have to say without a doubt this is the "go-too" place for Lamborghini info...

My 2 cents worth on the C is pretty much aligned with others here, nice style but marginal in performance boost. The $$ is prob paying for all the extra CF...

Put me down for that. I'll be at The Quail. I've had a deposit down on this car since late last summer.

Personally I think Nutella is far more effective than oysters with cougars. LOL

Good point...bring some :icon_super:

sl55, thanks again for the kind words. Highly doubtful that I would get a C. At that level, I would aim for a Koenigsegg or really indulge and get a Chiron. But I thunk it would be more realistic to start looking for a good Miura instead. I did add something to the bull pen recently. I`ll share in due course (no, not a Urus).

The Miura would be an epic addition to your collection. I had the privilege to see a black Miura a couple weeks ago at the factory which was fully restored by Polo Storico and my gosh did it look stunning. Did you get a chance to see the brand new red/white Koenigsegg that landed in Vancouver? Supposedly 1 of 2 built for Canada. I was never a huge of fan of the egg but after seeing it up close and personal I was left speechless. It's a work of art, the amount of detail and craftsmanship is amazing.

Can't wait to see what you've added to the collection, I'm pretty sure it's something exciting.

Btw guys sorry for going OT :)

add me the "Thank you VCR" crowd, very reasoned and informative comments.

Between VCR, abolfaz, and AllanLambo, those three guys know everything there is to know about Lamborghinis (and Porsches).

You posted this

After you posted this

We can only live in hope because if you cannot understand the densely moronic elements to your posts you clearly need pictorial instructions on how to use an abacus.

Please refrain from posting in this thread anymore. But knowing you I am sure there will be another post...

I vote we either start a fresh thread titled, "SVJ". Or one of the mods purge all the bullshit from this one. It was a good thread, and like many others I would like to keep up to date on info about this car.