Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So is the betting still 600 coupes, 500 roadsters and 63 special edition cars?

I didnt hear of this bet and the Jota is the special edition lol. I havent heard anything about 63 uber special versions. Can you point a source?

Lamborghini SpA remains coy about the exact number on the SV-J but they did say it won't be more than the SV. Let's assume it's actually a bit less, that's still 1000 cars (coupes & roadsters) which isn't a small number.

This is a rumour of one final special edition car based on the Aventador chassis and tech --- think Veneno and Centenario or something similar to the Reventon based on the Murcielago series. Whether or not it's worth a high premium on a re-skinned AV with a slight power bump is a very subjective matter.

Lamborghini SpA remains coy about the exact number on the SV-J but they did say it won't be more than the SV. Let's assume it's actually a bit less, that's still 1000 cars (coupes & roadsters) which isn't a small number.

This is a rumour of one final special edition car based on the Aventador chassis and tech --- think Veneno and Centenario or something similar to the Reventon based on the Murcielago series. Whether or not it's worth a high premium on a re-skinned AV with a slight power bump is a very subjective matter.

There is going to be a very low production car like VCR said. From the information I am getting, I doubt there will be 63. Even if there is, they will all be distinctly different.

In my opinion I feel Lambo needs to build around 500 SVJ's in total for it to be considered "rare" but seeing how much demand there is I doubt they'll cap production at 500. I wouldn't be surprised if they exceed a 1000.

^^^ I am with you on this. Yes 1000-1100 cars are not common per say but not considered rare IMHO. If they kept the total to 500 (300 coupe, 200 roadsters) they will likely keep their value much better. Just look at even our current SVs. Even though they have held up better than other models they still have depreciated. When McLaren announced 500 total for 675LT everyone was excited. The moment they said we are also gonna build another 500 spiders the values went down like hell.

The world we live in...where a near 770 hp NA V12 isn't enough for people :lol2:

and nobody wants to share the love because they want to protect their dollars spent on a toy :icon_mrgreen:

I feel the same BTW, nobody wants to lose money, I hate when I lose but I am conflicted, I feel very selfish when I tell myself they shouldn’t make more cars because I know some enthusiasts out there will miss on their dream car and the reason I want that to happen is so I don’t lose money on a terrible financial decision, I ask for protection for doing something stupid financially and I want it at the cost of ruining somebody else’s dreams, that sounds bad LOL

BTW earth’s population stands at 7.3 bil plus, if you think 1000 units of anything isn’t rare than you might have to think again.

and nobody wants to share the love because they want to protect their dollars spent on a toy :icon_mrgreen:

I feel the same BTW, nobody wants to lose money, I hate when I lose but I am conflicted, I feel very selfish when I tell myself they shouldn’t make more cars because I know some enthusiasts out there will miss on their dream car and the reason I want that to happen is so I don’t lose money on a terrible financial decision, I ask for protection for doing something stupid financially and I want it at the cost of ruining somebody else’s dreams, that sounds bad LOL

BTW earth’s population stands at 7.3 bil plus, if you think 1000 units of anything isn’t rare than you might have to think again.

By pre-internet standards yes. But that is not the standard that dumbass people like us go by is it...... :eusa_wall:

By pre-internet standards yes. But that is not the standard that dumbass people like us go by is it...... :eusa_wall:

Very true, everything is very in your face on daily basis, we’ve become very desensitized. Having said that I still feel selfish LOL

In my opinion I feel Lambo needs to build around 500 SVJ's in total for it to be considered "rare" but seeing how much demand there is I doubt they'll cap production at 500. I wouldn't be surprised if they exceed a 1000.

Turn it and burn it. Factory doesn't care about secondary market value, get what you can out of the gate and move on to the next. They'd rather you want "what's next" than worry about what your current car is worth.

Looks like whitesse put money down on two SVJ's...

I know at least 5 other people that put deposits for an SVJ at Lambo of Houston weeks ago. I have been told a dealer in the USA wont get more than 3 most likely so if 5 that i know have put deposits down with Aron at Houston weeks ago and if we pretend no one else has he would be number 6 at most.

They will probably number them like the SVs, 1 of 600, 1 of 500 and etc. Only Lamborghini themselves will know how many were actually made.

I wish they went back to showing your build-number with a plaque inside the car like they did with the Gallardo models (STS and alike) and some Murcielago models. It makes the cars so much more special.

They will probably number them like the SVs, 1 of 600, 1 of 500 and etc. Only Lamborghini themselves will know how many were actually made.

I wish they went back to showing your build-number with a plaque inside the car like they did with the Gallardo models (STS and alike) and some Murcielago models. It makes the cars so much more special.

I seriously doubt with VW in charge that they would risk building more than the stated number - unlike Ferrari

I was also told this crazy story that the reason they wont do individually numbered cars (like with the 670SV) is because each number would need to have an Audi parts number assigned to it and they wouldn't do it

I think they could be held liable if they officially announce that we are building lets say 600 cars and they make 620. Any decent attorney can sue for false advertising or stating the value and purchase was determined by the total number or rarity and they were essentially misled by the manufacturer. Its one thing when the factory may keep one or two for themselves etc for show room but def they are not gonna build another 100 to satisfy demands beyond what has been advertised.

I think they could be held liable if they officially announce that we are building lets say 600 cars and they make 620. Any decent attorney can sue for false advertising or stating the value and purchase was determined by the total number or rarity and they were essentially misled by the manufacturer. Its one thing when the factory may keep one or two for themselves etc for show room but def they are not gonna build another 100 to satisfy demands beyond what has been advertised.

Look at the Veneno/Veneno Roadster circumstance. They were only going to build 5, people loved it, they then made 20 roadsters or some similar number variation. They’ll find a way around it.

There are some 1 of 1 cars being worked on. I don't know if they have any basis on the SVJ. Unlikely since they are bespoke creations.

Looks like whitesse put money down on two SVJ's...

He used to be a member here, although he never posted much.

This week it is possible Lambo will be at the ring again. Today the weather looks horrible, but perhaps in the ens of this week the cars could be back? So eyes open folks!

Look at the Veneno/Veneno Roadster circumstance. They were only going to build 5, people loved it, they then made 20 roadsters or some similar number variation. They’ll find a way around it.

Aren't the numbers 3 Veneno and 9 Veneno Roadster ... with one of each additionally made, but kept at the factory?

I never heard about 5 being built, nor in the end 20 Veneno Roadster made ... did I miss something?

Aren't the numbers 3 Veneno and 9 Veneno Roadster ... with one of each additionally made, but kept at the factory?

I never heard about 5 being built, nor in the end 20 Veneno Roadster made ... did I miss something?

I believe you are correct: 3 Veneno coupes + 9 Veneno roadsters.

Hell if i know, i might be thinking Reventon? :lol2: