Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

I have some mods I'd like done for purely cosmetic reasons. I wonder if they would make them as a one off?

That depends. Like Ace said, for enough $$$, possible but the factory also has to ensure that it meets DOT/Transport Canada regulations. Case in point, the Veneno was delivered with different side mirrors. What the owner wants to do afterward is his business as far as legality is concerned.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That depends. Like Ace said, for enough $$$, possible but the factory also has to ensure that it meets DOT/Transport Canada regulations. Case in point, the Veneno was delivered with different side mirrors. What the owner wants to do afterward is his business as far as legality is concerned.

Right. As with one Veneno owner...the facotry original mirrors that aren't US road legal where shipped to him anyways, in case if may or may not stall them after the car was delivered...

Finally got asked for deposit money today, double the usual amount, guess its to see if people are serious, stated Lamborghini will decide allocation and despite placing a deposit they as a dealer and with their recommendation they cannot guarantee a car. Looks like order book opens in a couple of weeks and the dealers will then put forward the serious customers. I have heard from a number of people that it will be 1000 coupe 600 roadster and 63 special all exposed carbon cars but nothing confirmed on that. But with those numbers most people that want one should get one.

I hope this is incorrect info. Makes no sense for them to make 1600 units total vs 1100 of SV. This is supposed to be more limited.

I am with you, 1600 is not a limited edition, it’s full production, I missread topjay’s post I thought he meant 1000 total.

I remember members here with claims of only 4000 units to be produced in total for the life of the model LOL.

Finally got asked for deposit money today, double the usual amount, guess its to see if people are serious, stated Lamborghini will decide allocation and despite placing a deposit they as a dealer and with their recommendation they cannot guarantee a car. Looks like order book opens in a couple of weeks and the dealers will then put forward the serious customers. I have heard from a number of people that it will be 1000 coupe 600 roadster and 63 special all exposed carbon cars but nothing confirmed on that. But with those numbers most people that want one should get one.

Interesting, I had a pow wow with my dealer yesterday and he actually told me the opposite....mentioning that the production numbers will be significantly less than the current SV. Should know more next week.

Did you say you wanted a coupe or roadster?

I find it interesting that Lamborghini Vancouver posted a picture of the orange camo SVJ on Instagram today with a caption that went a little something like this: "It's official: The Lamborghini Aventador SVJ and SVJ Roadster will make their official debut in August during the Monterey Car Week." A few hours later, the post was deleted. What do you guys think happened there? Maybe HQ saw it and got pissed off?

I find it interesting that Lamborghini Vancouver posted a picture of the orange camo SVJ on Instagram today with a caption that went a little something like this: "It's official: The Lamborghini Aventador SVJ and SVJ Roadster will make their official debut in August during the Monterey Car Week." A few hours later, the post was deleted. What do you guys think happened there? Maybe HQ saw it and got pissed off?

I assume HQ wants to make the announcement first followed by the dealers reposting it.

So they will show both? Perhaps that’s why we’ve been seeing two different camo cars, one coupe one roadster 🤔

So they will show both? Perhaps that’s why we’ve been seeing two different camo cars, one coupe one roadster 🤔

Also mentioned in the post was the SVJ would be producing 770hp and 800hp.

Also mentioned in the post was the SVJ would be producing 770hp and 800hp.

It says between 770 and 800. Which is the numbers most people have been talking about. I expect it to have a slight bump over the S, I'd like it to be more than the Centenario, but I would not be surprised if they land on 770. The car will be superior on track anyway thanks to the ALA imo.

Things must be happening. I just got a call from my dealer confirming that coupe is coming first and then roadster and they wanted to confirm with me that i wanted the roadster. They said factory has asked them for the mix ratio. Still no word they gave me about total numbers.

It says between 770 and 800. Which is the numbers most people have been talking about. I expect it to have a slight bump over the S, I'd like it to be more than the Centenario, but I would not be surprised if they land on 770. The car will be superior on track anyway thanks to the ALA imo.

It'll probably be 770 HP stock but 800+ with a race exhaust and tune, like with the gen 1 SV, which was 750 hp stock and then 800 hp after the race exhaust & tune.

I don't think the SV picked up 50HP or more with exhaust and tune. I bet it lost HP...

We just have to trust what the factory overlords say

Things must be happening. I just got a call from my dealer confirming that coupe is coming first and then roadster and they wanted to confirm with me that i wanted the roadster. They said factory has asked them for the mix ratio. Still no word they gave me about total numbers.

18 of August we will see the car, still no word on the numbers, they will not be low, they are selling tones.

We just have to trust what the factory overlords say

Yeah never trust factory. We know of two owners that actually lost power after time and race exhaust. And we are not talking about “feels faster” but actual dyno before and after. When they presented the Dino to the dealership they contacted the factory and essentially the factory had no response or fix and said it is what it is. I think this is the main reason they are not selling the tune anymore.

Yeah never trust factory. We know of two owners that actually lost power after time and race exhaust. And we are not talking about “feels faster” but actual dyno before and after. When they presented the Dino to the dealership they contacted the factory and essentially the factory had no response or fix and said it is what it is. I think this is the main reason they are not selling the tune anymore.

Italian math is a funny thing...

Power gain is real but it is just a raised rev limit so only at the very, very top end and so not really noticeable. That’s how they historically get all the power bumps, they may do some other bits as well to assist but the peak figure is just the increased revs.

Exhaust likely to lose power in my experience unless it has a custom tune.