Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

I think we are at the complete opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to collecting.

I dislike accumulating stuff, maybe my OCD is dictating otherwise, generally if I don't get to use something very often I see it as an inconvenience more than anything therefore I can not put myself in the shoes of a collector to understand what he/she feels towards their preferred objects, if you want to kill me slowly take me to a hoarder's house, I will not last long LOL.

If I collect something in my eyes it has to have some sort of a purpose, making money is a great reason so if I feel that the object I "collect" doesn't have the ability to provide such function I discard of it.

When I look at interior designs and I see clutter I always think to myself, why would anyone have more furniture than they actually and practically need? if it doesn't have a specific function or use I want to get rid of it, I love dumping stuff it feels liberating LOL.

Fair enough. There is, however, a fine line between collecting and hoarding; between careful documentation and archiving vs. simply "stack them away" or "put them in a corner". I admit at times the line can get somewhat obscure but there definitely is a difference.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fair enough. There is, however, a fine line between collecting and hoarding; between careful documentation and archiving vs. simply "stack them away" or "put them in a corner". I admit at times the line can get somewhat obscure but there definitely is a difference.

That’s very true, a very fine line, let’s just say there will be no barn finds at my place haha

congrats, if you can share, what color are you thinking? Roadster or Coupe?

Thank you. My Purchase Order says “roadster” assuming they will make it as a roadster. If not it will be a coupe. I am 99% sure it will be Blu Cepheus. I am in love with that color. Since the 6.0 is VI and LP640 is Giallo along with my red Ford GT and white Bentley I am trying to complete a skittle bag lol.

Obviously I have a long time to decide but what I am not sure about if the accents ie stickers, calipers etc will be red or orange.

Thank you. My Purchase Order says “roadster” assuming they will make it as a roadster. If not it will be a coupe. I am 99% sure it will be Blu Cepheus. I am in love with that color. Since the 6.0 is VI and LP640 is Giallo along with my red Ford GT and white Bentley I am trying to complete a skittle bag lol.

Obviously I have a long time to decide but what I am not sure about if the accents ie stickers, calipers etc will be red or orange.

Complete that bag :lol2: :eusa_dance:

Great choice, can’t wait to see it.

Great choice, can’t wait to see it.

Thank you. I recently have seen images of Blu Nila. I have seen Blu Cepheus in person but have not seen Blu Nila in person. Has anyone seen them up close that can give me their opinion?

Cepheus looks to be a bit lighter but certainty pictures and angles they almost look indistinguishable !

Thank you. I recently have seen images of Blu Nila. I have seen Blu Cepheus in person but have not seen Blu Nila in person. Has anyone seen them up close that can give me their opinion?

Cepheus looks to be a bit lighter but certainty pictures and angles they almost look indistinguishable !

Nila is darker, much closer to Nethuns.

Some renders I've put together:

Blu Cepheus Coupé ... front

2019_aventador_svj_1.jpg

rear

2019_aventador_svj_2.jpg

Verde Mantis Roadster ... front

2019_aventador_svj_3.jpg

rear

2019_aventador_svj_4.jpg

I'm thinking a private viewing at Pebble Beach in August, public unveil at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show with the Roadster a few months behind ... very low production numbers compared to the Super Veloce and by August 2020 the production line at the factory will be converted for the successor to be shown at the 2021 Geneva Motor Show

I think the 2019 Aventador SV Jota will be the final evolution before the next generation takes over, most likely with some kind of hybrid power ... so no more n/a V12 from 2021 on.

I hope you are close with your renders because that is spectacular. Great work as always.

I think the 2019 Aventador SV Jota will be the final evolution before the next generation takes over, most likely with some kind of hybrid power ... so no more n/a V12 from 2021 on.

God that is sexy! I cant wait.

Both HP and the ALA play a role of course and are likely synergistic; but there has to be something else that Lambo tinkered with. I would go as far as saying both the HP & ALA combined cannot achieved that much and make the Perf so different from the regular Huracan.

SV never received the better track tire like the Performante which takes them down to mid 6:50's alone.

RWS faster shifts hp ALA shape offers down force and top speed try sticking out your iphone at 200 mph - possible active aero stiffer dampers cf sway bars and suspension benefits from steel ball joints all around replacing rubber bushings magnesium wheels and advanced torque vectoring system if Lamborghini is to improve those are the same things installed for the GT2RS 6:47 ring which should be Lambo's focus.

Lambo cars nice renderings!!

SV never received the better track tire like the Performante which takes them down to mid 6:50's alone.

RWS faster shifts hp ALA shape offers down force and top speed try sticking out your iphone at 200 mph - possible active aero stiffer dampers cf sway bars and suspension benefits from steel ball joints all around replacing rubber bushings magnesium wheels and advanced torque vectoring system if Lamborghini is to improve those are the same things installed for the GT2RS 6:47 ring which should be Lambo's focus.

An Italian birdie tells me that due to the family company dynamic, Lambo will not be allowed to have a ring time faster than Porsche until Porsche can immediately top it...But I agree, there's got to be more happening than just aerodynamic voodoo and slight power bump. tires are certainly part of the equation. The Perfomante is a best, but it would be fun to see the V12 get to be king for a bit.

An Italian birdie tells me that due to the family company dynamic, Lambo will not be allowed to have a ring time faster than Porsche until Porsche can immediately top it...But I agree, there's got to be more happening than just aerodynamic voodoo and slight power bump. tires are certainly part of the equation. The Perfomante is a best, but it would be fun to see the V12 get to be king for a bit.

SV Performante GT2RS fingers crossed JOTA - each able to hold the Ring for months.

Lamborghini Performante exceeded agree would be great seeing the last NA run topping every current hybrid. Will Lambo install thinner glass provide magnesium wheels cf parts and everything else required.

Price Production - two things had to weigh in to be worth the R&D. Lambo Porsche already know - going to be a long time before we know but anything below 800hp will most likely cancel the JOTA and stay with the SV.

The Aventador is too heavy because of it there are many things to overcome, it will also not have enough HP, it will be very though to win at the ring against the lighter more powerful cars, look how badly is the SV performing when tested on various race tracks, the Performante is smashing all sorts of records on the more technical tracks, not doing so well when longer straights are involved, Lambos are underpowered when compared with the latest offerings from their competitors.

I’d say give the Performante another 100 HP and shave at least another 100kg and it will be an unbeatable package from Lamborghini, the Aventador will be a huge challenge due to its many limitations, having said that I’d love to see them succeed, just for bragging rights which is all this is pretty much about :icon_mrgreen:

Unless the new parts will be carried onto the succeeding model of the Aventador, I highly doubt Lamborghini will go through all that trouble on a swan song car. It seems simple enough: use magnesium on the metal parts, use thinner glass or Lexan, no comfort seats etc... And I bet by simply taking out the multi-media and NAV hardware would be a good 50lbs at least. Not to mention the heavy exhaust system in order to meet emissions regs. But it needs the R&D and more importantly DOT's approval and people nowadays want all the bells and whistles in the car. Given Lambo's limited budget and how big brothers Porsche and Bugatti will do their part to keep things at bay, Lambo more than likely has have their hands tied already.

If they add much more power to the aventador on the current setup it will likely run out of fuel before completing a lap of the ring!

:lol2: so true!

The Aventador is too heavy because of it there are many things to overcome, it will also not have enough HP, it will be very though to win at the ring against the lighter more powerful cars, look how badly is the SV performing when tested on various race tracks, the Performante is smashing all sorts of records on the more technical tracks, not doing so well when longer straights are involved, Lambos are underpowered when compared with the latest offerings from their competitors.

I’d say give the Performante another 100 HP and shave at least another 100kg and it will be an unbeatable package from Lamborghini, the Aventador will be a huge challenge due to its many limitations, having said that I’d love to see them succeed, just for bragging rights which is all this is pretty much about :icon_mrgreen:

Don't see the Performante having another 100 hp or 100 lb.s to lose it lost 80 from the Huracan vs SV only lost 50 from the AV.

Magnesium wheels would save 25 lb.s more could be eliminated 800+ hp is achievable the next F812 will be around 815+.

JOTA as 2RS Weissach package it can get close - bragging rights is what sells cars at this level if it's not capable it better be extremely limited.

Lambo had a choice which has already been made we just don't know it - given the JOTA name if Lambo values the name as deserved this one could surprise us all when JOTA was released prior it was the fastest road car.

I believe there is quite a bit of weight to be lost in the Performante, it’s not as stripped out as the SV for example, still full carpet and sound deadening, the door cards aren’t light carbon, I guess they don’t want to mix traditional weave with forged from a pure aesthetic POV, forged would look terrible in that application, lose the stereo as VCR said along with few other weight saving mods, 100kg might be hard but not impossible, giving it the extra power boost might be the hardest challenge.

One can only dream :icon_thumleft:

I believe there is quite a bit of weight to be lost in the Performante, it’s not as stripped out as the SV for example, still full carpet and sound deadening, the door cards aren’t light carbon, I guess they don’t want to mix traditional weave with forged from a pure aesthetic POV, forged would look terrible in that application, lose the stereo as VCR said along with few other weight saving mods, 100kg might be hard but not impossible, giving it the extra power boost might be the hardest challenge.

One can only dream :icon_thumleft:

Agree and safe to assume there will be more track Huracan models - 30hp 50 lb.s seems to be enough to get us to bite. JOTA is a whole new level from the Miura and believe 6 maybe a few other SV's were modified to the JOTA level. These were the fastest production cars at the time. That being said I hope Lamborghini brought the name out to carry on tradition.

If they add much more power to the aventador on the current setup it will likely run out of fuel before completing a lap of the ring!

LMFAO and so true! in the SV I would fill up every time I left home and the perf is the exact opposite..

LMFAO and so true! in the SV I would fill up every time I left home and the perf is the exact opposite..

There were days when I went for spirited runs that I had to fill up three times.