Jump to content
LVolkan

Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

Recommended Posts

On 2/28/2019 at 10:57 AM, exoticalex said:

Will have to take some better pics soon. Verde Ithica SVJ

D2B4847A-5178-41FF-849C-8721D75437B6.jpeg

Green is :icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda::icon_syda:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Everybody is trying to figure what will be the successor of the Aventador, but we’re still not announcing when that will be. There’s the possibility to have a kind of final Aventador family member, also because the next car will have hybridization, making the Aventador the last purely [non-hybrid] car from Lamborghini with a V-12. It will still have to be decided what to do next. Are we to jump to the successor [after the SVJ Roadster]? I think at the moment, we don’t foresee another [non-hybrid] version of the Lamborghini V-12."

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/a26764640/the-next-aventador-will-have-a-naturally-aspirated-v-12-and-supercapacitors/

Change in plans it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

I think that article is hinting to the LB48H as the last hoorah based on the Aventador.

Two years for the current 1700 J's and 63 of the LB doesn't fill  up production. 

Not so sure one can tether the LB to the AV for it's last hoorah - LB is the begining of Lambo's next gen. 

One more version is my guess. 

 Are we to jump to the successor [after the SVJ Roadster]? I think at the moment, we don’t foresee another [non-hybrid] version of the Lamborghini V-12.

 

Porsche just pushed back their next all battery hyper car for many years I wouldn't expect any different from Lamborghini. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" There’s the possibility to have a kind of final Aventador family member " so does this mean a final edition Aventador of some sort or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sl55 said:

" There’s the possibility to have a kind of final Aventador family member " so does this mean a final edition Aventador of some sort or?

I think so. When they talk about family members they mean models within a certain model (thus it excludes the LB48H). But as Reggiani said, it is still undecided it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a final "extreme" edition of the Aventador, limited probably to a 100 or something like that. Since Aventador is still doing so well they seem to be pushing back the replacement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, APB said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a final "extreme" edition of the Aventador, limited probably to a 100 or something like that. Since Aventador is still doing so well they seem to be pushing back the replacement. 

I agree with this post. With a 10 year model cycle for the 12 cylinder we still have until summer/fall 2021 to go to see MY22. I suspect we see an SVJ based LE, stripped down weighing 100kg less and 10HP more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree in general that there will be at least another model added to the Aventador series as mid-2021 is 24+ months away.  I am unsure, however, if the last model would be superior to the SVJ though.  If Lamborghini releases an Edizione Finale based on the SVJ, obviously it needs to top the performance specs of the SVJ.  As such, there will be 1700 angry customers and all the sales at the Lambo dealerships better be readied with an apologetic speech.  That's marketing suicide for Lamborghini.  I tend to believe that an E.F. based on the S is more likely.  1700 cars are a lot which means Lambo likely won't be moving any Av-S anytime soon.  Make an E.F. that uses the parts of the S, do a different livery and badges or a very slight revision such as a different bumper/diffuser (i.e. refer to the last Gallardo for hints).  Do a slight power bump based on the S, say from 740 to 750 (matching the SV's) or 760 (below the SVJ ) so everyone will be happy and call it a day.

Looking at the history of Lambo's flagship cars, most of the final models were not the "best" of its own series.  The 25th anniversary Countach wasn't; the Diablo 6.0SE wasn't (it looks great and drives very well but the SV is a funner car).  Even the Gallardo Squadra Corse wasn't the best of the series (that likely belongs to the STS).  The Murci 670SV was the only exception.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, APB said:

I think so. When they talk about family members they mean models within a certain model (thus it excludes the LB48H). But as Reggiani said, it is still undecided it seems. Wouldn't be surprised if they come out with a final "extreme" edition of the Aventador, limited probably to a 100 or something like that. Since Aventador is still doing so well they seem to be pushing back the replacement. 

63 Roadster - just a guess as they left that open by only introducing a coupe. 

Along the lines of Ferrari's Monza street legal would be a nice ending. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VCR said:

I agree in general that there will be at least another model added to the Aventador series as mid-2021 is 24+ months away.  I am unsure, however, if the last model would be superior to the SVJ though.  If Lamborghini releases an Edizione Finale based on the SVJ, obviously it needs to top the performance specs of the SVJ.  As such, there will be 1700 angry customers and all the sales at the Lambo dealerships better be readied with an apologetic speech.  That's marketing suicide for Lamborghini.  I tend to believe that an E.F. based on the S is more likely.  1700 cars are a lot which means Lambo likely won't be moving any Av-S anytime soon.  Make an E.F. that uses the parts of the S, do a different livery and badges or a very slight revision such as a different bumper/diffuser (i.e. refer to the last Gallardo for hints).  Do a slight power bump based on the S, say from 740 to 750 (matching the SV's) or 760 (below the SVJ ) so everyone will be happy and call it a day.

Looking at the history of Lambo's flagship cars, most of the final models were not the "best" of its own series.  The 25th anniversary Countach wasn't; the Diablo 6.0SE wasn't (it looks great and drives very well but the SV is a funner car).  Even the Gallardo Squadra Corse wasn't the best of the series (that likely belongs to the STS).  The Murci 670SV was the only exception.    

I agree with most except that the "the last is not always the best." The countach is pretty much the exception.  You may think the Diablo SV is a "funner" car but the 6.0 and 6.0SE are much better cars in every sense.  You can always convert the 6.0 to a RWD and you have a better engine, pretty much better everything.  Also stock for stock the 6.0 and 6.0SE bring more money now than the SV.  The 670SV also brings more and I am sure the last version of Aventador fill follow the same rules.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 6.0 does not bring more money than the SV if you're comparing similar cars. As for them being better as well, I disagree. The SV is more exciting to drive. The 6.0 feels heavy like a Murcielago,  and the experience is dulled down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, VCR said:

I agree in general that there will be at least another model added to the Aventador series as mid-2021 is 24+ months away.  I am unsure, however, if the last model would be superior to the SVJ though.  If Lamborghini releases an Edizione Finale based on the SVJ, obviously it needs to top the performance specs of the SVJ.  As such, there will be 1700 angry customers and all the sales at the Lambo dealerships better be readied with an apologetic speech.  That's marketing suicide for Lamborghini.  I tend to believe that an E.F. based on the S is more likely.  1700 cars are a lot which means Lambo likely won't be moving any Av-S anytime soon.  Make an E.F. that uses the parts of the S, do a different livery and badges or a very slight revision such as a different bumper/diffuser (i.e. refer to the last Gallardo for hints).  Do a slight power bump based on the S, say from 740 to 750 (matching the SV's) or 760 (below the SVJ ) so everyone will be happy and call it a day.

Looking at the history of Lambo's flagship cars, most of the final models were not the "best" of its own series.  The 25th anniversary Countach wasn't; the Diablo 6.0SE wasn't (it looks great and drives very well but the SV is a funner car).  Even the Gallardo Squadra Corse wasn't the best of the series (that likely belongs to the STS).  The Murci 670SV was the only exception.    

I was actually thinking the same thing. Very well put. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I agree with most except that the "the last is not always the best." The countach is pretty much the exception.  You may think the Diablo SV is a "funner" car but the 6.0 and 6.0SE are much better cars in every sense.  You can always convert the 6.0 to a RWD and you have a better engine, pretty much better everything.  Also stock for stock the 6.0 and 6.0SE bring more money now than the SV.  The 670SV also brings more and I am sure the last version of Aventador fill follow the same rules.  

Regrets but I tend to agree with Allan.  The 6.0 and the 6.0SE are indeed better cars.  But their heft is obvious when compared to the SV.  The SV just feels more lively like a true Italian exotic sports car whereas the 6.0 and the 6.0SE are more like GT cruisers.  The latter two are more comfortable and the higher build quality is undeniable; but those also seemed to have dulled the feel.   Please don't take it the wrong way but I had a 6.0; I currently have a SV Monterey Edition, a 6.0SE and a 670SV.  A back to back to back comparison yields rather obvious results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VCR said:

Regrets but I tend to agree with Allan.  The 6.0 and the 6.0SE are indeed better cars.  But their heft is obvious when compared to the SV.  The SV just feels more lively like a true Italian exotic sports car whereas the 6.0 and the 6.0SE are more like GT cruisers.  The latter two are more comfortable and the higher build quality is undeniable; but those also seemed to have dulled the feel.   Please don't take it the wrong way but I had a 6.0; I currently have a SV Monterey Edition, a 6.0SE and a 670SV.  A back to back to back comparison yields rather obvious results.

At this point I think it's easier for you to list which cars you DON'T have :aiwebs_017:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VCR said:

Regrets but I tend to agree with Allan.  The 6.0 and the 6.0SE are indeed better cars.  But their heft is obvious when compared to the SV.  The SV just feels more lively like a true Italian exotic sports car whereas the 6.0 and the 6.0SE are more like GT cruisers.  The latter two are more comfortable and the higher build quality is undeniable; but those also seemed to have dulled the feel.   Please don't take it the wrong way but I had a 6.0; I currently have a SV Monterey Edition, a 6.0SE and a 670SV.  A back to back to back comparison yields rather obvious results.

If you are ever bored, a write-up about the three would be more than welcomed. It's a true unicorn collection you have there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 10:18 AM, APB said:

Record-breaking season has started, fastest production car at the Hockenheim GP circuit

 

Awesome. Ill still take the Countach though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...