Aventador SV-J Discussion and New Information

LVolkan

15 hours ago, LPDADDY said:

I wasn’t in the mood to post anything for a while , my brother passed away a few months ago  , has been a very difficult time for the family  . Roman back ? Really ?

Sorry for your loss. My condolences. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/19/2020 at 6:56 AM, topjay said:

So was talking to someone well connected today and I don’t know if it is true as I’ve not heard it elsewhere.

But apparently the V12 is to be dropped from the Aventador replacement as they just can’t get it light enough. 
Same person said the order came from Lamborghini head office and the factory is not at all happy about it and the workers went on strike for several days over it.  Pretty specific stuff if it’s bull. 

Today, I spoke to the Lamborghini Americas CEO, Alessandro Farmeschi at the  Lamborghini Winter Academia ice driving experience in Aspen, CO.  He confirmed with certainty that the Aventador replacement will be a naturally aspirated V12 hybrid. So it will indeed be a V12!  Rejoice! 

35 minutes ago, Destructo said:

Sorry for your loss man. Welcome back. Let us know if there is anything we can do. 

Thank you and the guys for the wishes , nobody can do anything, such is life , very cruel at times . Took me a while to get my head around it , i can start busting chops again lol .

off topic:

No demos or drives. Would have taken one in the C8 if I had the chance. Didn’t like the interior but the exterior is okay. Doesn’t look like a vette (to me) but I think it’s reasonably attractive. Wouldn’t kick it out of my garage. Looks like Lambo mated with Fcar and that’s the result.  It had a very non-vette-like high pitched sound on track. Very different. Didn’t care for the exhaust note. 

Weather was spectacular for a change and I had a great time seeing friends. Hubby joined this year which was nice. We were supposed to go to the Roar but I was very sick with a bad cold that turned to bronchitis (a first for me) so had to skip it. 

Stayed at very nice AirBnB (but arranged direct with owner as I won’t do AirBnB anymore). It’s the fly-in/out community. Very cool to see aircraft going past our room. The owner lent us bikes and took us on a tour riding the taxiways. Lots of fun. Saw a house with double hangars. Planes in one. Porsches in the other. 911R. GT2RS. 918. 73RS....  I didn’t catch them all but it was very impressive.  

Lots of Lambos in a corrals at the track but never got a chance to stop or take pics. 

A great weekend. For me it’s more social although I enjoy the racing too. But it’s about spending time with friends. 

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

It's going to be a helluva year for GM with the Vette and Escalade coming and now I hear they're re-launching the Hummer.

It seems kind of weird to me to have someone else do your "custom" designs that "represent" you.    Unless of course they just put to paper whatever his thoughts and ideas are, but that's not the impression I get from the post. 

1 hour ago, Kevin2772 said:

It seems kind of weird to me to have someone else do your "custom" designs that "represent" you.    Unless of course they just put to paper whatever his thoughts and ideas are, but that's not the impression I get from the post. 

Agreed. It's going to sound kind of mean, but the design isn't very inspired for paying someone to do it. Hell, LamboCARS could whip up something infinitely better on the configurator. But different strokes for different folks, as long as the buyer is happy! 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a video on Alex's car.  I guess he was on vacation and got word that his 63 was on the production line & took a few days to go see it including having Domenicali sign it. Nice touch.  If you want to go the factory clips start at 

It is in French but you get the gist.

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, sl55 said:

Yah, not sure if I would have gone with gold. I would maybe do White accents.

It's a Japanese thing...  Trust me on this one. :icon_mrgreen:

• 2 weeks later...