TX2K17 update thread

woocasz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Gidi. And to do it in front of that crowd was also pretty cool to see.

As soon as the Lambo platform figures out the DCT transmission, I'm sure UGR will be right there with all the big boy GTR's.

2017 is shaping up to be quite a year.

Congrats to Gidi. And to do it in front of that crowd was also pretty cool to see.

As soon as the Lambo platform figures out the DCT transmission, I'm sure UGR will be right there with all the big boy GTR's.

2017 is shaping up to be quite a year.

Well, Kevin streamed it live on facebook right from the lane. Pretty sure it reinforced his desire to go back out there to a 1/4 mile with the shop car

Congrats Gidi! He doesn't come on the forums much but I hope he will more often. I was at Pbir recently when he probably ran the first 6 second 1/4 mile and the board didn't show the time....he was so upset as he wanted to be first.

It's a huge relief knowing he finally got the 6 he and AM S deserved. Very well done guys.

What an awesome event, the caliber of cars was insane!!!! The qualifying speeds have gotten exponentially faster. In 2016, the slowest car to make it into the ladders was 149 mph. This year, the slowest car to get in to the ladders went 172 mph! Crazy.....

Seeing the UR Huracan and R8 in person is humbling. Those cars put the power down so f'in hard on a street tire, that it doesn't look like real life. My lil ol' stage 3 went 183 mph! I'm happy about that... :)

Peter

awesome event, too bad my FGT wasn't ready, next year! What did the TT Huracans do in the 1/4 mile?

What an awesome event, the caliber of cars was insane!!!! The qualifying speeds have gotten exponentially faster. In 2016, the slowest car to make it into the ladders was 149 mph. This year, the slowest car to get in to the ladders went 172 mph! Crazy.....

Seeing the UR Huracan and R8 in person is humbling. Those cars put the power down so f'in hard on a street tire, that it doesn't look like real life. My lil ol' stage 3 went 183 mph! I'm happy about that... :)

Peter

Peter

That was a great event and very well run. So many people. Seeing Gidi's GTR run that 6 from the tree gave me drag racing fever!

That was a great event and very well run. So many people. Seeing Gidi's GTR run that 6 from the tree gave me drag racing fever!

Hopefully those clutch setups come quick.. an X version DCT would be epic to see on the strip!

Dope video ASS put together on the run:

And credit to ETS and T1 too for pushing the limits. ETS was chasing the 6 HARD. They were at 7.01 back in November and have been at it since. I lost count of how many parts they destroyed in the process. All part of the game. So much dedication from that crew to be in the running. I have massive respect all 3 shops and teams. It's been amazing to watch and follow over the past few years. And lastly, Gidi's run was insanity. All the GTR records that were coming close were north of 200mph (record sits at 213). When everyone saw the trap on Gidi's run, NO ONE thought he had it. Not even Gidi as he was hitting the limiter in 5th and wasn't happy with the run. Then everyone saw the time and you saw the reaction in the video. So cool to be there in person, it was absolutely insane.

It took a lot to get the platform from 7s to 6s. Really interested to see what UGR and the other shops do on the Huracan platform. I'm not sure if it's physically possible, but if UGR does it at full weight with a DCT and street tires I will be speechless. The GTRs in the low 7s and the Alpha G are bordering on being called a GTR at this point. The full weight street cars are still in the upper 7s mostly.

The quickest/fastest Huracan was the chrome green OB car, ran 8.7@165

The most "comparable" GTR's that are full weight, etc......were likely the GTR Class 3 cars (rules at www.tx2k.com), in the finals they ran:

7.7@183 and [email protected] was one hell of a race, the slower time won the race on a hole shot. They are legit 185-190 mph cars and are "street-able". I would say that the UGR Huracan that ran the 7 is more streetable though...although i'm not sure why i feel that way. Maybe cause it's ALLLLLLLLLLL street, down to the street tires....the GTR's running that quick/fast have much more of a drag/safety look (slicks/parachute/etc...)

Peter

I just noticed UGR Huracan video 7.80 at 187 was done about a YEAR ago. I really wonder just how much testing and developing went on and at what level they are now. They´re very good at keeping things under the radar until the competition catches up and then boom UGR is already 5 steps ahead once again

I just noticed UGR Huracan video 7.80 at 187 was done about a YEAR ago. I really wonder just how much testing and developing went on and at what level they are now. They´re very good at keeping things under the radar until the competition catches up and then boom UGR is already 5 steps ahead once again

Yeah I remember UGR saying the red Huracan was being upgraded to an X-version last April

did you make a 1/4 mile pass in your car? curious to what 'normal' builds were running, 1200HP ish...

The quickest/fastest Huracan was the chrome green OB car, ran 8.7@165

The most "comparable" GTR's that are full weight, etc......were likely the GTR Class 3 cars (rules at www.tx2k.com), in the finals they ran:

7.7@183 and [email protected] was one hell of a race, the slower time won the race on a hole shot. They are legit 185-190 mph cars and are "street-able". I would say that the UGR Huracan that ran the 7 is more streetable though...although i'm not sure why i feel that way. Maybe cause it's ALLLLLLLLLLL street, down to the street tires....the GTR's running that quick/fast have much more of a drag/safety look (slicks/parachute/etc...)

Peter

Yeah I remember UGR saying the red Huracan was being upgraded to an X-version last April

Unfortunately with all the 1/2 mile and roll racing going on and on top of that averaging around 60 projects at all times, there has not been anytime for our shop car or 1/4 mile racing. ;(

After watching the GTR's at the 1/4 (my first time), I cant wait to get back out to the 1/4. Picked up drag racing fever at TX2K17 ;)

If you want to go 6s in a gtr first you better have 6 sets of tires, 6 billet motors, 6 tranny, 6 bottles of nos, and 6 million dollars lol.

Those 7-9 guys chasing 6s are nuts. I love it! I hope Gidi can get it!

I think that is true for any car. 6s is so damn fast.

Hey brother, no, I didn't...hell, i didn't even make ONE hit during the roll race event.....Kevin had to run it just so I could see what she would run. We had 23,000 people come through the gates during TX2K17 so I could barely find time to use the RR!!!! :)

Peter

did you make a 1/4 mile pass in your car? curious to what 'normal' builds were running, 1200HP ish...

Awesome event Peter! It was great to meet you And all the major players at the event. My car was too slow to even qualify 😢. I ran out of gear, plenty more power but it was right at the finish line👎. Gonna have to sell the gallardo and upgrade to huracan😬

Great to meet you too bud!!!!! Can't wait to see what you have in store next year...

Peter

Awesome event Peter! It was great to meet you And all the major players at the event. My car was too slow to even qualify 😢. I ran out of gear, plenty more power but it was right at the finish line👎. Gonna have to sell the gallardo and upgrade to huracan😬