Teaser photo of XJ220s

LPDADDY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an interesting and amazing car. Super pumped for you. I bet it is going to be amazing when completed. Looking forward to the reveal.

Thank you guys, i hope mid may will do it. Once the engine is back in, the progress will be fast as everything is pretty much ready.

Im in the Toronto area as well, is there going to be any opportunity where I might actually get to see thing in person? Would love to see it in real life.

Im in the Toronto area as well, is there going to be any opportunity where I might actually get to see thing in person? Would love to see it in real life.

If you ask nicely, i might oblige :icon_mrgreen:

If you ask nicely, i might oblige :icon_mrgreen:

Pretty please! Was that nice enough? Thats about all Im going to give you haha. In all seriousness though I would love to see it.

Are you modding the motor or just fixing known issues with new spec stuff?

Motor doesn't need any mods , it is rated at 700hp stock . I just took it apart to make sure all is good , it was mint , didn't need anything

Looks great. Any changes to the interior?

Can't do a thing there , it has race seats and a harness , very bare . I am leaving everything stock

XJ220 is a legend from that mid '90s era that quickly became forgotten about....

Wonder how long until someone here gets an EB110 SS? :shock:

XJ220 is a legend from that mid '90s era that quickly became forgotten about....

Wonder how long until someone here gets an EB110 SS? :shock:

In all honesty, I was tempted especially when the GBP and Euro are now so low, sourcing one from Europe seems plausible. But finding parts may be a challenge and even the local authorized Bugatti agent doesn't want to touch it (their tech was trained on the Veyron and Chiron only), I am begging for headaches if I go for one. The same applies to the XJ220. Nevermind something as rare as the XJ220S but just the non-S version. Dad actually suggested one to me and Roy had one as well about 2yrs ago. But when I called up the local Jag dealership and the best independent Jag shops in town about getting one and ask if they can service it, they all said, "Are you serious? Yeah we can do it providing we have the service manual for it. Haven't done one before but we'll do it." Umm...no, I am not about to let you turn a rare, collectable and desirable Jaguar into a Guinea Pig.

Incidentally, a bit of a trivia: Maurizio Reggiani, Lambo's current R&D/technical director, was employee no.2 of the modern Bugatti brand and he signed off many designs of the EB110.

In all honesty, I was tempted especially when the GBP and Euro are now so low, sourcing one from Europe seems plausible. But finding parts may be a challenge and even the local authorized Bugatti agent doesn't want to touch it (their tech was trained on the Veyron and Chiron only), I am begging for headaches if I go for one. The same applies to the XJ220. Nevermind something as rare as the XJ220S but just the non-S version. Dad actually suggested one to me and Roy had one as well about 2yrs ago. But when I called up the local Jag dealership and the best independent Jag shops in town about getting one and ask if they can service it, they all said, "Are you serious? Yeah we can do it providing we have the service manual for it. Haven't done one before but we'll do it." Umm...no, I am not about to let you turn a rare, collectable and desirable Jaguar into a Guinea Pig.

Incidentally, a bit of a trivia: Maurizio Reggiani, Lambo's current R&D/technical director, was employee no.2 of the modern Bugatti brand and he signed off many designs of the EB110.

The XJ220 has a bad rap, it isn't that hard to work on and the car is state of the art, magnificently built. The zytec might be a challenge and i heard some of the owners have changed to motronic and it works just fine. Service manual is available but in my opinion, what scares people the most is the fuel cell replacement and it isn't that big of a deal, ATL can make one .

Don Law racing services the XJ220 out of the UK , i have found him to be a total pain in the ass to deal with, if you don't send your car to him, he doesnt return calls or emails and is not interested in selling you any parts. He is disgrace in my opinion and i laugh at the videos posted about him and what a nice guy he is and how helpful he is to the XJ220 community, fcuking joke.

The XJ220 has a bad rap, it isn't that hard to work on and the car is state of the art, magnificently built. The zytec might be a challenge and i heard some of the owners have changed to motronic and it works just fine. Service manual is available but in my opinion, what scares people the most is the fuel cell replacement and it isn't that big of a deal, ATL can make one .

Don Law racing services the XJ220 out of the UK , i have found him to be a total pain in the ass to deal with, if you don't send your car to him, he doesnt return calls or emails and is not interested in selling you any parts. He is disgrace in my opinion and i laugh at the videos posted about him and what a nice guy he is and how helpful he is to the XJ220 community, fcuking joke.

For sure. I also think the problem was all the production road Jags of that era were scarily unreliable. Added what was the conceptual supercar at the show and what they actually ended up making in the real was quite different (not to belittle the actual product at all whatsoever but the engines between the two were quite different and most potential clients felt that the actual final product fell short on the promises), and with more enticing machines offered from Ferrari, Porsche and, of course, Bugatti around the same time, the Jag was swiftly ushered off the main stage. Too bad as it was and in a way still is one of the most sensual supercars --- just enough to show it absolutely means business but yet retains all its elegant lines. Your end of the country is a lot easier than mine as far as service and parts availability go. Even if you have to go across the pond, you are a lot closer.

For sure. I also think the problem was all the production road Jags of that era were scarily unreliable. Added what was the conceptual supercar at the show and what they actually ended up making in the real was quite different (not to belittle the actual product at all whatsoever but the engines between the two were quite different and most potential clients felt that the actual final product fell short on the promises), and with more enticing machines offered from Ferrari, Porsche and, of course, Bugatti around the same time, the Jag was swiftly ushered off the main stage. Too bad as it was and in a way still is one of the most sensual supercars --- just enough to show it absolutely means business but yet retains all its elegant lines. Your end of the country is a lot easier than mine as far as service and parts availability go. Even if you have to go across the pond, you are a lot closer.

Whoever whines about the motor has no clue, it is state of art cosworth build, super light. 2 guys were able to lift it on the bench. When you compare it to the Lambo V12, it is half the size yet produces almost as much hp as the V12, granted with 2 turbos.

I did not realize that car had 700 HP! Pretty impressive for how light the car is! So you are keeping the car all original but the wheels? The wheel update looks good!

The only one I have ever seen 'in the wild' ... back in 2007 near Rotterdam in The Netherlands, finished in the classic grey metallic

xj220.jpg

I was impressed by the size of this car, and those special headlight covers

I did not realize that car had 700 HP! Pretty impressive for how light the car is! So you are keeping the car all original but the wheels? The wheel update looks good!

Wheels where on the car when i bought it, they are kinesis wheels and where painted all black. I tried with BBS without much success as they have no interest in one offs for road cars anymore so i am keeping the kinesis wheels, i think they look good on the car. I did buy polished new halfs as the wheels were all bent, everything else will be stock.

The only one I have ever seen 'in the wild' ... back in 2007 near Rotterdam in The Netherlands, finished in the classic grey metallic

xj220.jpg

I was impressed by the size of this car, and those special headlight covers

Those aren't headlight covers, the cover rolls back into the body when you turn the lights on.