GTR Takes 1/2 Mile World Record

Allen Olson

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

You must have me confused with someone else. I am a fan of both platforms.

I did and apologize. Just looked at the picture and thought you were the kid from Vegas.

I did and apologize. Just looked at the picture and thought you were the kid from Vegas.

No worries. These cars are all getting too fast for even the 1/2 mile now.

Too much can go wrong at these speeds.

Alpha Logic is in UAE

I know but if They really want to be competitive They have to come to the US and race the BIG DOGS.... such as T1, UGR, ASS, ETS

I know but if They really want to be competitive They have to come to the US and race the BIG DOGS.... such as T1, UGR, ASS, ETS

Not really. They can put up world records anywhere. They may not even wanna roll race. And if they don't...doesn't diminish their 1/2 mile accomplishment one bit...

Not really. They can put up world records anywhere. They may not even wanna roll race. And if they don't...doesn't diminish their 1/2 mile accomplishment one bit...

Who's talking about roll race?

Anyone can take a picture of screen and claim a "World record"... if They want to be competitive They have to come over and race the big dogs IMO... you can't claim to be the world champion in soccer without competing in the World Cup right?

Alpha logic is an ASS dealer in Dubai... I find it hard to believe Their car is faster than ASS or T1

Anyone can take a picture of screen and claim a "World record"... if They want to be competitive They have to come over and race the big dogs IMO... you can't claim to be the world champion in soccer without competing in the World Cup right?

Alpha logic is an ASS dealer in Dubai... I find it hard to believe Their car is faster than ASS or T1

ummmm.....

This year is gonna be wild for sure! I hope Alpha Logic can make it to TI.

what else do they do at TI?

and world records can be set anywhere in the world. just because its more popular in the States doesnt mean that this is the only place where the numbers count. thats just silly. the GTR community wasnt complaining when EKanoo set the GTR 1/4 mile record. and EKanoo also happens to be in Dubai, ironically.

ummmm.....

what else do they do at TI?

and world records can be set anywhere in the world. just because its more popular in the States doesnt mean that this is the only place where the numbers count. thats just silly. the GTR community wasnt complaining when EKanoo set the GTR 1/4 mile record. and EKanoo also happens to be in Dubai, ironically.

Who said World Records can only happen in the USA?

Again anyone can take a picture of a screen and claim a world record... that's silly.... you can believe whatever you want but I can assure you They are going to need more than a picture of a screen to get the official World Record Guinness like Richard did it

Who said World Records can only happen in the USA?

Again anyone can take a picture of a screen and claim a world record... that's silly.... you can believe whatever you want but I can assure you They are going to need more than a picture of a screen to get the official World Record Guinness like Richard did it

from my computer in atlanta...they are ALL pictures of a screen or whatever. why am i gonna believe one and not the other? especially when i dont have anything invested in either...

from my computer in atlanta...they are ALL pictures of a screen or whatever. why am i gonna believe one and not the other? especially when i dont have anything invested in either...

There is a lot more going on than just pictures in the 1/2 events so turn off your computer and go to a 1/2 mile event.

The faster tuners in the world are in the US and most of them haven't been able to join the 240+ club... so I don't believe some branch of A- M- S in the other side of the World were able to achieve what seems to be impossible for most of the elite tuners only because They posted a picture... but this is my opinion it doesn't change or take anything from them

You'd think so

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Series

:lol2:

Reminds me of back in the old car stereo competition days. Seems every other weekend someone was claiming a new world record for sound pressure yet when it came down to verifying the recording device, they weren't using a device that was approved much less meeting the weight and measure requirements.

Dirty is spot on with his request. It confirms accuracy and eliminates questions about legitimacy.

Reminds me of back in the old car stereo competition days. Seems every other weekend someone was claiming a new world record for sound pressure yet when it came down to verifying the recording device, they weren't using a device that was approved much less meeting the weight and measure requirements.

Dirty is spot on with his request. It confirms accuracy and eliminates questions about legitimacy.

I used to compete in IASCA back in the 90s....so I get what you're saying.

But let's keep it a buck....the Lambo community was more than willing to accept Herricks' 233 or whatever it was in his G a few years ago back in Austin when everyone else was clamoring for some kinda verfication or claiming that WGF timing was off or questioning the distance.

I guess what I'm saying is that records will be broken. And UR isn't the only tuner allowed to break them.

But let's keep it a buck....the Lambo community was more than willing to accept Herricks' 233 or whatever it was in his G a few years ago back in Austin when everyone else was clamoring for some kinda verfication or claiming that WGF timing was off or questioning the distance.

I guess what I'm saying is that records will be broken. And UR isn't the only tuner allowed to break them.

I was Thunder on Wheels back in the mid-80's.

I hear what you're saying. Perhaps moving forward there should be some requirements established to ensure everyone is on the same base.

What's your problem with UGR? Why the hard feelings? UGR break records after records but that doesn't mean They are the only team "allow to do so".... I'm not even sure how you keep coming up with so much BS.

This is not about UGR.... this is about backing up a World record claim with transparency. Where is the VBox data?

What's your problem with UGR? Why the hard feelings? UGR break records after records but that doesn't mean They are the only team "allow to do so".... I'm not even sure how you keep coming up with so much BS.

This is not about UGR.... this is about backing up a World record claim with transparency. Where is the VBox data?

No problem with UGR. I love their cars and the work that they put in. Don't try to dress me up so you can try to discredit me as a hater. Those clothes don't fit.

My problem is with fanboys who say that another car isn't legitimate until it comes to TI or races the 'big dogs' in the States. Had you left it where Dirty did...is there any verification?...then I wouldn't have said a word. But you went down this long, winding road...and then backtracked...trying to discredit something you have no clue about.

But it's all good. Even though we took a most circuitous route...we've gotten to a place where we agree: transparency.

Have a great one. Love the VI SL, btw...

No problem with UGR. I love their cars and the work that they put in. Don't try to dress me up so you can try to discredit me as a hater. Those clothes don't fit.

My problem is with fanboys who say that another car isn't legitimate until it comes to TI or races the 'big dogs' in the States. Had you left it where Dirty did...is there any verification?...then I wouldn't have said a word. But you went down this long, winding road...and then backtracked...trying to discredit something you have no clue about.

But it's all good. Even though we took a most circuitous route...we've gotten to a place where we agree: transparency.

Have a great one. Love the VI SL, btw...

My comment about Them competing in TI has nothing to do with Their "new record"... we are mixing things up.

TI is the big boys playground... if They can go 248 in the 1/2 I wish They could come play with the big dogs... that's all...

Awe man. They can ship it here for the battle. Wouldn't be the first time :)

That would be BADASS.... hopefully They take the challenge.