LIFE Movie Review

kinnsella

D.O.A.

Nasa puts the 6 dumbest (i.e. "experts" in their field) astronauts they could find in orbit around Earth to investigate Martian life. Naturally, hilarity ensues. Makes the Prometheus crew look competent.

You'll thank me later.

D.O.A.

Nasa puts the 6 dumbest (i.e. "experts" in their field) astronauts they could find in orbit around Earth to investigate Martian life. Naturally, hilarity ensues. Makes the Prometheus crew look competent.

You'll thank me later.

It looked like a rehash on similar movies. Glad to know to avoid it.

Just lost two hours of my life watching this... It starts off quite well (the premise seems interesting) but by the time you get halfway through, you're going to want it to end asap. Won't spoil the ending but I'll just say that their attempt at a shocking twist at the end is utterly unsatisfying and poorly done imo.

Just lost two hours of my life watching this... It starts off quite well (the premise seems interesting) but by the time you get halfway through, you're going to want it to end asap. Won't spoil the ending but I'll just say that their attempt at a shocking twist at the end is utterly unsatisfying and poorly done imo.

It's one of those movies where you are rooting for the alien to kill off the crew as fast as possible so you can get on with life.

At least you didnt go to Beauty and the Beast like I...

Took my kids to see it, they loved it. I was looking for a sharp object the whole movie to slash my throat.

Took my kids to see it, they loved it. I was looking for a sharp object the whole movie to slash my throat.

Tell us how the movie was really! :icon_mrgreen:

is there anything good coming out, or came out in 2016? I watched a bunch of trailers yesterday and they sucked. Saw the Arrival a few days ago - decent, good not great, and a chick flick at the end.

on B&B - did you hear they banned it in some countries because of 'gay propaganda'? Two questions - do they not understand how DIsney the money making machine works and what a target demo is, and, more interestingly aren't gay guys tired now of being portrayed as these queens? Ive met absolutely normal gay guys you'd never be able to tell - who are nothing like what TV makes them out to be. IMO that's where some LGBT work should go to.

is there anything good coming out, or came out in 2016? I watched a bunch of trailers yesterday and they sucked. Saw the Arrival a few days ago - decent, good not great, and a chick flick at the end.

on B&B - did you hear they banned it in some countries because of 'gay propaganda'? Two questions - do they not understand how DIsney the money making machine works and what a target demo is, and, more interestingly aren't gay guys tired now of being portrayed as these queens? Ive met absolutely normal gay guys you'd never be able to tell - who are nothing like what TV makes them out to be. IMO that's where some LGBT work should go to.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ghost in the Shell, looks incredible!

My friend went and was in the same theater as Kaitlyn Jenner. Afterwards she saw Kaitlin in the ladies room.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Ghost in the Shell, looks incredible!

:iamwithstupid:

I'm not a fan of anime, but actually liked the series quite a bit. Don't understand what all the fanboy bashing of this movie is about. Looks like it will be legit.

We've seen this trope a million times already. Remote human outpost, encounters alien life form/ghost, life inhabits human body, ending is set to leave you hanging... did it die...? nope, because they want a sequel.

Thing, Aliens, Starship Troopers, Sunshine, 2001, Event Horizon, some movies where the killer comes back through enchanted item, and practically any possession movie fits this.

Humans encounter the unknown or it gets them, are no longer themselves, kill others.

We've seen this trope a million times already. Remote human outpost, encounters alien life form/ghost, life inhabits human body, ending is set to leave you hanging... did it die...? nope, because they want a sequel.

Thing, Aliens, Starship Troopers, Sunshine, 2001, Event Horizon, some movies where the killer comes back through enchanted item, and practically any possession movie fits this.

Humans encounter the unknown or it gets them, are no longer themselves, kill others.

Today's movies in a nutshell.

Bummer, the trailers looked decent which is typically the case. Would you consider it a rental or skip altogether??

Skip, it's a shit movie, and I'm a big SciFi buff.

Today's movies in a nutshell. .

I have been going art house lately to counter act the mainstream tent-pole pix lately. For every Kong, I go see something like Swiss Army Man. I refuse to see comic book movies, other than something like John Wicke, and 99% of the animated stuff. Trainspotting 2 is on the agenda for tomorrow. Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049, Star Wars. these are my movies to see this year.

Only way I got dragged to this by my wife was to see it at an iPic theater....ordered several double shot vodka tonics and filet mignon sliders and reclined the seat allll the way back.

Movie wasn't so bad....in fact, almost shed a tear.