840 HP Dodge. Crazy

Ozzir

One thing I have a hard time withis any more 840hp is soooo easy to make and have it be reliable. So I get that this car you should be able to flog on all day under warranty, but for the money it's going to cost and the ugliness and weight of this pig, I don't see what all the excitement is about.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still think there are parts which have not been revealed. 840hp, 14.x psi, a bigger blower, race gas button... i'm betting one of the 'crates' has a pulley in it and the 1k hp number isn't too far off.

Does it come with those bicycle tires up front stock as well?

Looks like almost slick rears and skinny fronts... I can't wait to see all the YouTube disasters of these guys peeling out of the coffee & cars and then crashing off the road (yay!) :jester:

Does it come with those bicycle tires up front stock as well?

No, the skinnies come in one of the 'crates' with some other race parts.

Yep. And it weighs 4200lbs, not 3000lbs. At 3000lbs this thing would scream.

dude, I have just a hellcat and it weighs the same, and it screams

this thing will scream and spin your head

I'm just excited for the possible "ripple effect" that it could have on the rest of the manufacturers. Both domestic and import will probably be paying close attention to see how people respond to it.

Props to Dodge for making something utterly insane. Those numbers alone are hard enough to achieve and they did it with a factory car. They set out to make the most badass factory drag car and they hit their mark. Between this and the Viper ACR, Dodge has the track and the drag strip owned.

Looks like almost slick rears and skinny fronts... I can't wait to see all the YouTube disasters of these guys peeling out of the coffee & cars and then crashing off the road (yay!) :jester:

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Should make the mustang crashes look lame

The Viper acr is an amazing car but didn't sell well. Granted the price point was higher (assuming this car is ~85k with all the desired goodies. I think LA Brit had to have been at least double that on his one/one build from what I saw when I was making a spec.

That Viper sound (or lack of) is a big deal. I may need to get into one officially before making any grand declarations but compared to its peers it doesn't make a sound to get excited for. The aftermarket mods can help but that Dodge V10 doesn't have the same aural excitement as the Lambo or Porsche V10s.

People pass up cars over styling all the time, and sound has to be a close second on the list of non performance metrics.

One thing I have a hard time withis any more 840hp is soooo easy to make and have it be reliable. So I get that this car you should be able to flog on all day under warranty, but for the money it's going to cost and the ugliness and weight of this pig, I don't see what all the excitement is about.

I wonder how many hard launches the transmission can take?

Glad this car exists, but their marketing game killed it for a lot of people.

What? They had one of the best marketing strategies behind this car the industry has ever seen. I don't know a single person who was turned off by it.

What? They had one of the best marketing strategies behind this car the industry has ever seen. I don't know a single person who was turned off by it.

:iamwithstupid: I think they did an excellent job building up to its debut.

:iamwithstupid: I think they did an excellent job building up to its debut.

Then you have the NY Auto Show this weekend along with Fate of the Furious coming out which I believe will feature the car....

love what dodge has accomplished with this and the ACR! shows that America is in the car game! #loudandproud

love what dodge has accomplished with this and the ACR! shows that America is in the car game! #loudandproud

The American enthusiast car game has been pretty strong for about a decade now and recently it has gotten super strong.

A pony car is a legitimate substitute for any German offering (4 series/C class) on a driving level. The gap between E46 M3 and Camaro SS was significant but now you can easily argue that an SS/ZL1/Z28/GT/GT350/SRT is a more fun to drive, even better handling car.

America makes high end cars L/F/M no longer makes (stickshifts). You could say the same about German and British cars too, esp. at the top end. To the stickshift connoisseurs of this group, what can you buy that's non American at a high level? Slim pickings.

And of course no longer do we have to praise American cars on value, where now we can praise them for outright ability. We went from unfathomable to consider a Corvette to be as good as exotics on the track or fun to drive, to being just that. Ford GT is a real exotic. Viper is a very primal machine still.

This feels very much like where the US auto scene was around the late '60s to early '70s. Let's hope it doesn't crash again. :icon_thumleft:

+1