Dashcam...so confused.

Assman

I want an easy to use dashcam that I can move from car to car that has a cigarette lighter plug.

Any suggestions?

I looked at dashcam chat but they are so into dashcams that no really easy answer is given.

I want an easy to use dashcam that I can move from car to car that has a cigarette lighter plug.

Any suggestions?

I looked at dashcam chat but they are so into dashcams that no really easy answer is given.

I don't know anything about them, but what is the difference between mounting a GoPro to the inside of your windshield and a dedicated dash camera?

I don't know anything about them, but what is the difference between mounting a GoPro to the inside of your windshield and a dedicated dash camera?

There are specific features of dashcams related to how they are used, these features separate a dashcam from a GoPro.

There are specific features of dashcams related to how they are used, these features separate a dashcam from a GoPro.

You should talk to dreamcast. I know he had one before he moved back.

You should talk to dreamcast. I know he had one before he moved back.

He and I ordered the same one but somehow he got his and mine never arrived. After that I gave up.

I have a lumina that I move from one car to the other

It records when I start the car and stops when I shut it off

It also is activated when there is motion

Has a bunch of other features I do t use

It's very easy

I only care about forward-facing, so I got the Viofo A119 (many companies make an A119, Viofo is one). Honestly the Thinkware and Blackvue did not impress me for 2.5x+ the cost + rear cam.

Two of my videos at 1440p

Lotus

Review that convinced me to buy it

i use a garmin dash cam (with gps) in my daily. I also have two kdlinks (GPS), but they are more expensive, and cheaper quality. my favorite dash cam has been a WICKED HD... it cost me $50 on amazon and I've had ZERO problems with it... quality is great, NO GPS.

I run blackvue and like the cameras. They come with cigarette power, but I hardwired mine. Go with the biggest memory card for whatever camera you get.