Ace's Movie Reviewz - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Supercar Ace

Marvel Presents: The 1980's. Complete with the music, the cameos, the references and the hair...oh yes the 80's hair.

A solidly entertaining movie throughout, with consistent pacing and some epic one-liners (I won't spoil any hear just yet). Like the first one, it's good old fashion movie fun that never takes itself too seriously. For what it is I'll give it a solid A. Worth the watch for the visuals and best viewed with friends.

In this issue of Ace and Test go to the movies: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

All you need to know: A tribute to stepfathers. funny, but not wildly so. Worth an afternoon viewing on HBO.

MORE SPOILERS THAN A JDM ACURA HONDA MEET-UP:

• 5 minutes of baby Groot dancing melts all the women in the audience
  • Boy raised by space pirates and the girl that friend-zoned him work through their respective daddy issues
  • Girl's sister shows up, proceed to be women and fight over daddy's love
  • Boy's galactic-scale deadbeat dad shows up, saves them from gold people, wants him in the family business, destroying the universe, also lots of dead siblings under the carpet
  • Boy rebels and.... I am feeling like I am describing Star wars with some extra steps and some Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
  • Good guys win, bad guy loses
  • Step dad gets the recognition he needs but has to die with viking funeral
  • gag-reel includes resentful teenage groot
  • C-list bad guys covered in gold from planet Kanye vow revenge

In this issue of Ace and Test go to the movies: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

All you need to know: A tribute to stepfathers. funny, but not wildly so. Worth an afternoon viewing on HBO.

MORE SPOILERS THAN A JDM ACURA HONDA MEET-UP:

• 5 minutes of baby Groot dancing melts all the women in the audience
  • Boy raised by space pirates and the girl that friend-zoned him work through their respective daddy issues
  • Girl's sister shows up, proceed to be women and fight over daddy's love
  • Boy's galactic-scale deadbeat dad shows up, saves them from gold people, wants him in the family business, destroying the universe, also lots of dead siblings under the carpet
  • Boy rebels and.... I am feeling like I am describing Star wars with some extra steps and some Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
  • Good guys win, bad guy loses
  • Step dad gets the recognition he needs but has to die with viking funeral
  • gag-reel includes resentful teenage groot
  • C-list bad guys covered in gold from planet Kanye vow revenge

Great title, I'll use that for our future threads. My spoiler list:

• Everyone has daddy issues
  • Chris Pratt spends the entire movie trying to pull a Captain Kirk (aka hook up with a green alien chick)
  • The Oscar Awards strike back (AKA Planet Kanye "Is gonna let ya'll finish...")
  • Raccoons are assh*les
  • Kurt Douglas got around
  • The phrase "I am Groot" translates to "anything and everything in the universe"
  • Chris Pratt is Jesus, and awesomely quotes God from the book of Genesis: "I'm going to build some weird sh*t!"
  • Papa Smurf is great at whistling Dixie
  • Sisters literally wanna murder each other and then hug it out (AKA standard female sh*t)
  • Playing catch with your dad is awesome
  • Drax is the jolliest being in the universe
  • If you make up a lame screen name for yourself you will be properly mocked
  • Asian girls on molly have entertaining interactions with everyone

Marvel Presents: The 1980's. Complete with the music, the cameos, the references and the hair...oh yes the 80's hair.

A solidly entertaining movie throughout, with consistent pacing and some epic one-liners (I won't spoil any hear just yet). Like the first one, it's good old fashion movie fun that never takes itself too seriously. For what it is I'll give it a solid A. Worth the watch for the visuals and best viewed with friends.

I agree, I enjoyed watching this one.

I can't keep groot's opening scene from constantly playing in my head to mr blue sky.

I havent enjoyed a superhero action movie like this in a long time! Loved every minute of it. I saw it with my boy on IMAX 3-D and that just added to the coolness of the whole movie

That's what I needed to hear, my kids have been bugging me to take them but I had to wait for some LP reviews, I am never making the LA LA mistake ever again :lol2:

That's what I needed to hear, my kids have been bugging me to take them but I had to wait for some LP reviews, I am never making the LA LA mistake ever again :lol2:

We laughed and laughed! They'll love it

don't you mean Kurt Russell?

Yes.Some how in my head I merged Kurt Russell and Michael Douglas :lol2:

I havent enjoyed a superhero action movie like this in a long time! Loved every minute of it. I saw it with my boy on IMAX 3-D and that just added to the coolness of the whole movie

Was Mason into it? I want to take Caiden, but I wasn't sure if it was a little too "adult" or not. Please advise, might go with him this weekend if it is cool. He and Mason are similar age.

Was Mason into it? I want to take Caiden, but I wasn't sure if it was a little too "adult" or not. Please advise, might go with him this weekend if it is cool. He and Mason are similar age.

Yeah he really was, I take him to most of the superhero movies minus suicide squad and Deadpool and things that are 100% geared towards adults. But even though there was some innuendo there wasn't anything that made me worried he was seeing. Couple swear words. I think shit, douche bag, dammit.. If you're OK with action and fighting and battles i'm really thinking he'll be just fine and enjoy it. There's lots of jokes and funny moments that the kids got a kick out of and the little baby Groot was a huge hit. I consider myself a pretty cautious parents and very aware of what he's being exposed to and we were really happy we went and saw it. If you've seen the first one it's pretty on par with that but more jokes

https://www.google.com/amp/fansided.com/201...y-for-kids/amp/

And like I was saying above 3-D and on an iMax screen is the best way to see this. So many intricate cool battle scenes