Gallardo bought without PPI - look what happened

So how come it took you guys so long to spill the beans on this .

Because the car was not mine . And initially Labrit bought the car with the intention of restoring it at a later date. His intent was to fix the dash and drive the car for awhile. Once we found out Jason had lied, and realised he'd need to invest more into the car initially, he decided to sell it and use the money towards his move to the US and business ventures.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the car was not mine . And initially Labrit bought the car with the intention of restoring it at a later date. His intent was to fix the dash and drive the car for awhile. Once we found out Jason had lied, and realised he'd need to invest more into the car initially, he decided to sell it and use the money towards his move to the US and business ventures.

That is a real shame. The douchebaggery never stops

That is a real shame. The douchebaggery never stops

I think Jason owes the forum an explanation.

I think Jason owes the forum an explanation.

Explain what ? That he is a lying douche ? My son doesn't lie

I think anyone here can tell by his answers Toptampon is lying. Let's see, pays good money to car from Az to George. Supposedly repairs Speedo, the most in your face item on the car. Says sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Doesn't remember if he complained? I'm sure I can dig up more ..

Looks pretty clear that the list from Evans was a list of things he estimated and recommended needed done. Then he chose the things on the list to actually do which would be a separate "paid" invoice for completed work. If Allen spoke to Evans I am sure he has that answer. The question is did he provide Roy that same estimate list and imply it was a paid invoice of work done and if so I assume Roy then gave that same paperwork to LaBrit since he did not see the car yet.

^^ my thoughts exactly. Showing the canceled checks or invoices marked paid would clear up a lot of questions.

So, the vid. Jason has had plenty of time to explain but he does not want to give full clarification of the details. This was taken on part of his trip back home from the "work" being carried out.

trim.75D901F8_97A8_4A89_A4C2_368ECDFA1C9D.MOV

Any reasonable person would not have an issue with their speedometer not working having just payed to have it fixed at one of the best Countach mechanics in the U.S.

Unless.... he never paid to fix it..

Next stop... MSD ignition..

At the time LaBrit said not worth, it is what it is and nothing will change the people involved.*

However this was a bit too rich

Sad part is that I really do not think we will get the full truth from Jason.

People give LaBrit grief for his language and so on but he actually was reasonably decent over the whole thing and acted way more reserved than I would.

* first part is verbatim, the latter I have changed the words so they use more than four letters, we know what LaBrit is like.

I personally think that inspite of his choice of language (which I don't mind) LaBrit is a very nice guy, good for him for taking the high road, at the end of the day it's just a hunk of metal, there are more pressing things in life to worry about.

I'd also like to add, if Jason used estimates and passed them on as invoices paid for work performed that's one huge scumbag move and should never be forgiven, you can not blame the rest of the people involved for believing him based on the relationships and reputation he had built on LP, if he used that as leverage this thread should be placed in a special section which I believe CC started.

Being cheap and thrifty is one thing but being a liar and a cheat is unforgiven and unacceptable.

Any reasonable person would not have an issue with their speedometer not working having just payed to have it fixed at one of the best Countach mechanics in the U.S.

Unless.... he never paid to fix it..

Next stop... MSD ignition..

Thing is the "quote/invoice" states Labor R&R for inspection 2 hrs, no mention of repair. Unless I'm mistaken R&R is remove & replace. It's possible the cost to repair was $$$$ and declined. Regardless, implying it was done is BS.

ScreenShot007.jpg

Thing is the "quote/invoice" states Labor R&R for inspection 2 hrs, no mention of repair. Unless I'm mistaken R&R is remove & replace. It's possible the cost to repair was $$$$ and declined. Regardless, implying it was done is BS.

And he has had how long to say that is the case?

George did a repair on the speedo gearing(not sure what that is as I am not a mechanic)

It was working most of the time

He stated he had it repaired...

Appart from the Euro conversion and exhaust, 99% of the additional items were not completed. When I get home, I'll see if I can find my emails with pics to Labrit showing the condition. As I mentioned before I was the one who took delivery of the Countach while he was in London.

I can confirm that Jason passed off all of the documents he posted as work that was completed.

I can also confirm that 90% of the work was not undertaken, which is what I found out after the car was delivered and Allan and Franco thereafter began to question matters. The documents posted were a mix of works undertaken and suggested fixes by Evans. We've never seen the actual final invoice and the only way for Jason to prove that he didn't lie and utterly fcuk my self and Roy over would be to post a receipt for the works conducted. I'll eat my hat if he does. Long story short is that I paid around $10-15k (can't remember) to rectify issues with the car and Roy bought it back at a higher price than what I originally bought it for. I didn't lose any money but I should have been up that $10-15k but hey, bigger and better things were on the horizon as I was getting married, starting up a new business etc.

Many didn't pick up on it but this is why i have responded to almost every post Jason has made in the last two years by calling him a cunt due to this BS.

What makes me REALLY laugh is that AFTER all this the cheap prick then posted up that he had a Countach cover for sale which he didn't include with the car about a year later! Lol! Shows his character! I've always included car covers with my exotics when selling them!

To finally clarify one point: Jason - the car DID have an independent PPI including a compression test (who the fcuk buys a $300k car without one) and the usual minor issues were presented but things like the AC which were briefly tested worked for the test but then boom had no compression or coolant when it got off the truck. A few queries came up where I did question the work orders provided but figured maybe the rubber around the door was just loose due to it being stored in a hot climate. There was nothing on the PPI to suggest the work orders were not completed. He did the bare minimum to make it sellable.

I'm really not too bothered by the whole thing to be honest. I enjoyed the car the few times I used it and dealt with the issues that arised prior to selling the car back to Roy. The car was bought as a driver and that's what it was. It's just a shame that it was passed off to be better than what it was by Jason.

If anyone wants to start a gofund me project to compensate me for that money let me know!!!! Ha!!!!!

I will pay you for the loss in exchange for the RHD resto Benz you are doing :icon_mrgreen:

That recently sold - very happy with that one! Need to update my sig.

That recently sold - very happy with that one! Need to update my sig.

:(

I was hoping I could have a go a that, I thought you were keeping it for a while.

Sensational resto work, I bet whomever bought it is over the moon.

Do you have photos of the completed item?

WTF. This whole time I thought Jason was an honorable person and well respected on the board with good reason. It all makes sense why he duped his Countach and his Diablo at the same time. I hate to say it, but it but it seems like he was having money issues. I thought he was a good person here. :(

We're looking at this all wrong.

Topcabron made a tremendous deal that worked out very, very well for him. Hes clearly used to doing deals. The best deals. Hes a businessman. He did business. This is all slander and im sure he's lawyering up. Allan et al are running around whining over the details like a bunch of namby pamby democrats. Topcabron, meanwhile, is WINNING.

Topcabron for public office!

We're looking at this all wrong.

Topcabron made a tremendous deal that worked out very, very well for him. Hes clearly used to doing deals. The best deals. Hes a businessman. He did business. This is all slander and im sure he's lawyering up. Allan et al are running around whining over the details like a bunch of namby pamby democrats. Topcabron, meanwhile, is WINNING.

Topcabron for public office!

It isn't slander when it is true :icon_mrgreen:

Best I can do from the middle of the ocean.. you can see missing emblem on.1 side, fake kit car Bertone badge on.other, just as it describes in Toptampons receipt as being replaced with genuine badges.

Screenshot_20170513_221544.png

Screenshot_20170513_221602.png

IMG_20170513_WA0099.jpg

IMG_20170513_WA0100.jpg

After dropping that much coin, allegedly, at Evans, Jason would have tore them a new asshole over the speedo. More than likely he would have made them transport the car back at their cost to fix it.