OMG the boat sank...

Saiy.Y

Congratulations - beautiful spec. Did you get to drive US-1 before the landslide?

Thanks. That part of the 1 near Big Sur was already closed since Feb. before the new landslide that happened this past weekend so I only drove the 1 down from SF to Santa Cruz, then detoured around it and resumed the coast drive near Santa Barbara. Unfortunately the section that is closed is one of the most scenic stretches.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad job Fortis!

I know, I will take a month off, I hope I will be able to clock some miles on it. It seems like such a waste for it to just sit there.

Go drive the thing already!

btw, hope your tank got finished on time!

Yes it did, did I send you videos of the nightmare I ran into with it ??

Yes it did, did I send you videos of the nightmare I ran into with it ??

No, but I can only imagine lol. Glad it worked out on time.

Thanks. That part of the 1 near Big Sur was already closed since Feb. before the new landslide that happened this past weekend so I only drove the 1 down from SF to Santa Cruz, then detoured around it and resumed the coast drive near Santa Barbara. Unfortunately the section that is closed is one of the most scenic stretches.

Sad what's happened to the area. I like to drive it at the end of Car Week; hope it's back in time.

Have you had a chance to get behind the wheel of an Aventador S? Interested to hear your thoughts. I've driven the S, but not an SV yet (considering making the move to one of the two).

Sad what's happened to the area. I like to drive it at the end of Car Week; hope it's back in time.

Have you had a chance to get behind the wheel of an Aventador S? Interested to hear your thoughts. I've driven the S, but not an SV yet (considering making the move to one of the two).

Before this past weekend's slide the ETA for opening was in September so I don't think we will see it open this year at all. :(

Nope, haven't driven an S yet but I have heard great things. Definitely get behind the wheel of an SV when you can, it is such a beast!

No, but I can only imagine lol. Glad it worked out on time.

Send me a quick message so I won't forget and I will send it to you. I am handing over next week :eusa_dance:

More pictures it is! Here are a few shots of her courtesy of @ateezystory on IG taken after David Lee's Cars and Chronos meet this past weekend in LA

Really wow wow wow!

FYI Sai, nothing worse than revving the engine to redline at idle, that is if you care. Beautiful car. Enjoy

FYI Sai, nothing worse than revving the engine to redline at idle, that is if you care. Beautiful car. Enjoy

Thanks. Appreciate the advice, you are absolutely right. I got a bit caught up in it this past first week of being around others revving but that has quickly come to an end. She is in for her first service as we speak and the revving to redline has come to end :)

Don't mind me asking but why? Coz to much heat build up?

Fluids (specially oil) are not in the optimal temperature so the parts that are moving when you rev are more harsh and rough to each other causing very unnecessary wear. Like you're making metal contact on metal

A similar analogy might be if you've ever done a tug a war with a rope & someone let go. If the tension was still there you might not have fallen down. Same thing in your engine. Remove the load and any quick change can have it's way.

Fluids (specially oil) are not in the optimal temperature so the parts that are moving when you rev are more harsh and rough to each other causing very unnecessary wear. Like you're making metal contact on metal

Even if the car is warmed up?

Are we referring to idle as merely idling revs or idle as in cold engine upon start up, and then idling?

Cold engine start up and instant revs pisses me the hell off when I see it (and I see it way too often).....I'm so surprised people cannot understand that the water and oil distribution (and temps) need to come up before doing that.

As for a nice warm engine just idling along and you stab it to redline, don't think that should be much of an issue so long as you don't do it over and over and over again.

But correct me if I'm wrong.

A similar analogy might be if you've ever done a tug a war with a rope & someone let go. If the tension was still there you might not have fallen down. Same thing in your engine. Remove the load and any quick change can have it's way.

Eeeeerr ok :)

+ the fact that one likes like a total wanker screaming look at me , look at me , i can rev the shit out of the car.