phxdiablo

Stock Picks - Post Your Stock Picks

I understand Amazon's valuation... especially because of AWS. I do not understand Tesla's -- I realize people are "hoping" for something in the future... but that is a huge market cap for a small car company that has never turned a profit and who has never proven the ability to even deliver on unit volume. I hope the best for them but I just don't get it.

What if you view it as a tech company and not a car company?

I still think that in 10 years time people will write books on Tesla and just like with Enron people will say how did anyone invest in this outfit when none of the finances make any sense?

NVDA has been very good to me this year.

:icon_thumleft:

The gift that keeps on giving.

Time of this post $93.65

Today - $121.29 - Beat earnings heavily and strong guidance.

Also on that note, Shopify is doing me extremely well. :icon_thumleft:

I still think that in 10 years time people will write books on Tesla and just like with Enron people will say how did anyone invest in this outfit when none of the finances make any sense?

:iamwithstupid:

What if you view it as a tech company and not a car company?

How can you view it as a tech company? If you lie to yourself? What tech are they inventing? Are they going to license their technology to other auto manufacturers? Selling advertising on the charging pumps?

I just don't see it.

How can you view it as a tech company? If you lie to yourself? What tech are they inventing? Are they going to license their technology to other auto manufacturers? Selling advertising on the charging pumps?

I just don't see it.

They could possibly license their tech, either way I am not playing the share market and my knowledge is very limited on the subject.

Trump announces billions to be spent on missile defense.

Lockheed currently makes the THAAD system which what would be used against short and medium range ballistic missiles.

Otherwise, I'm staying away from Boeing. Their new tanker for the Air Force is a giant mess. Not sure if it will be a big enough dent in their bottom line but I imagine the market will punish them badly since the deal was a mess all 3 times too. And Boeing can be held liable for all the construction the AF has already done (ie: full hangers are already built but might not fit if the USAF decides to buy an Airbus A330 tanker). If it wasn't for the new 737Max and 777X selling like crazy I'd consider a short.

I'm long in 2018 on IPOA. I think the SPAC is going to be used to acquire groq which will be huge if so. Just a hunch on my part.

Trump announces billions to be spent on missile defense.

Lockheed currently makes the THAAD system which what would be used against short and medium range ballistic missiles.

Otherwise, I'm staying away from Boeing. Their new tanker for the Air Force is a giant mess. Not sure if it will be a big enough dent in their bottom line but I imagine the market will punish them badly since the deal was a mess all 3 times too. And Boeing can be held liable for all the construction the AF has already done (ie: full hangers are already built but might not fit if the USAF decides to buy an Airbus A330 tanker). If it wasn't for the new 737Max and 777X selling like crazy I'd consider a short.

I take it back, nobody gives a shit about the KC-46 being a mess. But airplanes are selling like hot cakes, so much so there is rumor Boeing might restart the old 767 line to help fill gaps.

And the 777X is freaking sexy.

A321NEO is arguably better than the 737MAX though...and that hurts me to say.

Time of this post $93.65

Earnings this Thursday, just got in. Expecting good news, amazing stock.

Killed it with BABA.

Time of this post $93.65

NVDA $248.80

Shopify $178.55 (CAD)

Earnings this Thursday, just got in. Expecting good news, amazing stock.

Killed it with BABA.

:icon_thumleft:

My MNST finally seems to be dying, ugh! Love the taste of several of their products compared to others, so I like the product. Had a nice ride, but now contemplating selling some & getting into something else. Been long for quite a while but may just need to cash some out & look around for something else. After hours it dropped, but will see what tomorrow brings.

I'm riding BOX up to earnings. Seems to be the stock everyone is talking about.

Got some CGW just because. Not anget rich play but a safe long term play

AAPL is first company to hit $1T.

I bought after it's last split and currently up 118%.

I wonder if they'll split again. It's way up. Given their previous stock split history I feel more like it's a question of, "When will AAPL split again someday?"

I wonder if they'll split again. It's way up. Given their previous stock split history I feel more like it's a question of, "When will AAPL split again someday?"

Not sure if they will split again (or at least for a long time). Last time was something like a 7:1 split and dropped the price down to just under $100/share.

With the price in the low $200s I don't see any reason for them to split again for a while. Also, it's not like they need more cash. Aren't they sitting on like tens of billions of dollars in hard cash?

Not sure if they will split again (or at least for a long time). Last time was something like a 7:1 split and dropped the price down to just under $100/share.

With the price in the low $200s I don't see any reason for them to split again for a while. Also, it's not like they need more cash. Aren't they sitting on like tens of billions of dollars in hard cash?

Valid point, makes more sense they'll hold onto it for serious investors and become another huge stock like google.

TSLA buying opportunity today ? :mellow:

Tuff call. I want to. But at the same time. 1 month away from earnings. And what could happen between then with earnings and the market ? 

Can't believe sec would think to remove elon. Love the company. Hate the price. 

Anyone biting ? 

1 hour ago, MrDoctor said:

TSLA buying opportunity today ? :mellow:

Tuff call. I want to. But at the same time. 1 month away from earnings. And what could happen between then with earnings and the market ? 

Can't believe sec would think to remove elon. Love the company. Hate the price. 

Anyone biting ? 

Not touching that with wheels money.  Most likely missed earnings coming, missing production numbers on the 3 by huge amounts, trying to prop it all up with deposits on cars that are years late.

They have been on a slide, let it play out and wait for a trend change with follow through.  Dont grab a falling knife.  You dont need to time the bottom, reduce your risk and ride the upswing when/if it turns.  

What's the real story with Musk's banishment? Doesn't seem the type of guy who would lie and cheat?

6 hours ago, Rawr said:

What's the real story with Musk's banishment? Doesn't seem the type of guy who would lie and cheat?

My guess is good combination of Ambien, red wine and Twitter...

I thought it had to do with him saying he secured all financing to make the company private...  which was an SEC violation.    That and his explicit drug use in public....

Seems like there is resistance for TSLA in the 240's. Will be interesting to see if it crashes through that...otherwise might be an easy ~30% to ride on the way up. I'll be watching it pretty close this next week.