Stock Picks - Post Your Stock Picks

phxdiablo

So what's your next pick man? :mrgreen:

Edit: KOSP @ 77.3 and still climbing. :partyman: :D/ To bad you got out phxdiablo.

Holy shit! It just keeps climbing!!! 78.0

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call Mike, up 4 bucks so far today, i was out all morning and just got back to my office so i had no idea what it was doing today, glad I was away.

its at 76 now. I'll wait til tomorrow and sell off in the morning. i hope it hangs on. I just moved my limit from 70 to 75

woooo hoooo people making money!!!! Thats awesome!!!!!

ditto! also, btw, how much do you guys usally buy? Like dollars worth, not shares. Say 5k at a pop? Or some big ballers out there going for 5 digets?

I bought 2,000 shares for a cost around $147,000; no margin. My GF/Wife bought 100 shares. She still owns them.

Unfortunately, I sold way to early and only made about $2.8K and some change. I was looking to bank $10G for the day which I would have had if I held out like the rest of these guys did. Would a, could a, should a ... oh well, better luck next time.

I'm not a big stock player but learning as I go along. I have about $50k that I play with right now. To me its like playing blackjack. Start out with $25 chips and graduate to $100 then $500 then $1000 (if you can make it that far before you go broke) thats kind of how I've been taking the stock thing and its been working for me. I think I'm up about $10k for the year so far. eventually I'd like to buy more along the lines of Phxdilablo and romandad. Still learning though.

I'm not a big stock player but learning as I go along. I have about $50k that I play with right now. To me its like playing blackjack. Start out with $25 chips and graduate to $100 then $500 then $1000 (if you can make it that far before you go broke) thats kind of how I've been taking the stock thing and its been working for me. I think I'm up about $10k for the year so far. eventually I'd like to buy more along the lines of Phxdilablo and romandad. Still learning though.

Only difference is, in blackjack, the odds are against you.... No investment, NONE... Not real estate, not commodities, nothing has consistantly performed as well as the S&P 500... Put money in the market TODAY and 15 years from now it will be worth more than anyplace else you could put it...

Only difference is, in blackjack, the odds are against you.... No investment, NONE... Not real estate, not commodities, nothing has consistantly performed as well as the S&P 500... Put money in the market TODAY and 15 years from now it will be worth more than anyplace else you could put it...

Ahh yes, i was just using the analogy of taking steps to arriving at the higher numbers. I have most of my money in retirment funds and real estate. I started my retirment fund when I was 24 or 25, (right when I actually had money to save) and have been doing so since. My goal is the keep the real-estate investments going on the side, keep dumping money in my retirment and still get the $50k that I play with up to $100 or $200k

Of course, as I say this, Ive probably lost $30,000 in the last two days... :cb

Of course, as I say this, Ive probably lost $30,000 in the last two days... :cb

Thats not good to hear considering we are seeing a pullback for the last 2 days. A few more down days and Ill start buying again. Until then, I'm looking at improving my short game.

I'm ready for the next pick, bring it on. Sold out of KOSP at $75. did'nt make much but I did'nt lose. I'll go a little heavier on the next pic.

Volume is low... Its a typical friday in summer... A little profit taking and stop orders kicking in... The last hour of trading will be UGLY... But Im just going to ride it out, let the GOOD news that came in today (that NOBODY seems to be paying attention to!!!) perculate over the weekend... Ive got some more cash I may dump in monday morning if the futures looks good....

The up side is, lots of stocks going on sale today for you guys looking for new picks....

I rode the KOSP horse to long. I knew it would trail off late in the day just didn't think it would be a 4+ drop. Damned thing started falling like a rock litteraly as I placed my sell order damn it! So I'm still in and will ride it out as Roman is doing :)

So what's next guys? :mrgreen:

Another stock to watch is NTES -- I spoke about this 1 month ago about writing call options on it. Check out when I first posted (Mid 50's) and where it is now. Even today it was up another $2 bucks.

I was already in it, then forgot about it. Not sure my position on it. I'm thinking call options. Usually a gap up indicates another trend start. Up today on a bad market day.

To answer your question, yes, its another pick -- however, I haven't decided on an entry point.