Stock Picks - Post Your Stock Picks

phxdiablo

looks like its up almost $20 in one month. I've added to the watch list, any news coming out on it soon?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had earnings. HUGE. Its a China net service provider, the Google of China. I can imagine it only can grow to Google like proportions -- $150-$300/share. BUY HIGH ... SELL HIGHER.

BIDU looks like a great candidate too but there is no history. Good call!

Right now, its too risky for me ..... also, you can't buy call options on it.

I'm gonna buy call options on NTES with a Dec or Jan expiration. That will encompass next quarter's earnings announcement. I just gotta wait for a little dip for few bucks.

BIDU is the google of china. IPO today at $27. Closed at 122.54 :shock:

How the fcuk did I miss this gem???

The IPO was 27, but the actuall OPEN was at 66.... So, Really... It only doubled... (getting more than a few hundred shares of IPO is next to impossible....)

Just the same... Sorry I missed that one...

[Note to self... Stop looking for Countach and start checking IPO calander more often!!!]

How the fcuk did I miss this gem???

The IPO was 27, but the actuall OPEN was at 66.... So, Really... It only doubled... (getting more than a few hundred shares of IPO is next to impossible....)

[Note to self... Stop looking for Countach and start checking IPO calander more often!!!]

No shit, wow

Upcoming IPOs ala Chuck Schwab-

Ruth Chris Steak House IPO 11.4 $15.00 - 17.00 8/8 Closed

K&F Industries Holdings IPO 18.0 $16.00 - 18.00 8/8 Closed

Refco Inc. IPO 25.0 $19.00 - 21.00 8/10 Open

Upcoming IPOs ala Chuck Schwab-

Ruth Chris Steak House IPO 11.4 $15.00 - 17.00 8/8 Closed

K&F Industries Holdings IPO 18.0 $16.00 - 18.00 8/8 Closed

Refco Inc. IPO 25.0 $19.00 - 21.00 8/10 Open

did you grab any of the ones that are closed? and are you going to take any of the one that is open still?

All very true. I'll take double in a day any time ;) I missed it too by the way.

Ill take double in a day as well....

Since Wednesday night, my portfolio is $39,029 smaller...

:toimonster:

(Still $147K up on the year though, so I should quite bitching...)

Saw this on the News last night too.

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS!!!

How did you stock market guys miss this? :x

-James Miller

Wow... That was a pretty nice closing hour... Anybody watch this???

So... what does the end of the week bring????

When a Bid/Ask looks like this -

Bid: 0.01 x 100

Ask: 9,000.00 x 100

Does that mean that it's just not being tracked? I find it hard to believe those #'s....

MJB

When a Bid/Ask looks like this -

Bid: 0.01 x 100  

Ask: 9,000.00 x 100  

Does that mean that it's just not being tracked? I find it hard to believe those #'s....

MJB

Thats the aftermarket bid/ask price. And hour or so before trading opens, they will move to the market bid/ask.

Ok here are my latest picks which I all bought today:

MNKD

NTES

RCCC

AEIS

INGR

TSO

CMCO

Basically the screen was a good Relative Strength, Increasing earnings/volume, strong upward trend/support and minute insider buying. I have stops all in the 2-5% range if they start reversing trend.

Others (looking for entry price)

VLO

CEO

CAT

LIHRY

The stock of great interest on this list is MannKind Corporation -- the chart shows a trend reversal and some insider buying.

Yeah, I took it up the ass as well... Volaro down 5 bucks??? Did China just convert all cars to solar power?

Well fcuk... Im sitting here starring at a computer screen licking my wounds... Im $50K off my highs (DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!)

So... where do we go from here?

Have to regroup... Just not sure how right now...

That's the question of the hour my friend.

Everyone is wondering the same thing, particularly in the face of Wal-Mart warning about Q3 retail results, more pending rate hikes, the fragile housing market showing signs of slowing down, and speculators in control of oil prices.

How do we finish out the year. Last year at this time the Naz went on a run from 1800 to 2200 by the end of 04. Now...who knows...not sure that Q4 will save us this time.

I SUSPECT, well have a small rally in oil tomorrow. At which point Ill decide where to go from here...

I keep hearing the words "Bear Trap" in the back of my mind... Weve seen this over and over again this summer... Were right in the middle of the 10300-10700 trading range weve been grinding out for 6 months now... Seasonally were due for the fall slow down. Hell, I can go back and read my own posts and see were I SAID this would happen....

But I still think q4 is going to be fine....

So what to do next??? Ive decided Im going to have a drink... And be ready for 6:30 Am tomorrow...

Well fcuk... All my stops kicked in this morning... So aside from my mutual funds (which I have early sales penalties for the next couple of months) And muni bonds... Im back in cash.... About 3/4 of a million.... Anybody have any suggestions??? And please dont say buy three Lamborghinis... I dont really feel like I deserve one at this moment...

I cant think of a single sector that doesnt look like its at a peak... Real Estate, Energy, Retail, Leisure, Tech EVEN BONDS!!! all could go lower...

Plus Im a bit worried about the upcoming 911 anniversary... Should I just stay in cash through October?