Europe FTSEurofirst 80 Index -7.00%

Brazil- Down 7%

Europe- Stoxx 50- Down 7.3%

France- Down 6.8%

Germany- Down 7.1%

Spain- Down 7.5%

Hong Kong- Down 5.4%

India- Down almost 10%

Literally BILLIONS (if not Trillions) of dollars of capital being lost today.

Holy shit.

This week is going to be bad.

This January is going down in history.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSI-20 Down - 5.83%

i have some investments in the Spanish stock market, and today it was the worst day ever for the market, biggest drop ever :shock:

Roman you still have the canned food in your garage? Looks like I'll be joining you for dinner.

Ive got enough food to last the winter and parking for you car....

Ive got enough food to last the winter and parking for you car....

Good. That will give us enough time to come up with our own market!

Good. That will give us enough time to come up with our own market!

You come up with the market.... Ill short the IPOs....

Yeah it was a VERY bad day overall, and I think tomorrow should be pretty messy too.

The TGL international index (The Gartman Letter, a must-read IMO) that follows 10 markets around the world is off about 14-15% from it's highs in October...it's not a good sign at all. The problems are felt by everyone, everywhere. I do not believe we are out of the woods.

Eric, you DID make a VERY good call on the Monday and Tuesday timing. I'm wondering if you should not also be an portfolio manager while practicing law, or maybe you're just an all around genius!? Anyways, you're insight is always very fun to have and thanks for the contribution to the threads.

Which shipping company was discussed earlier?

-Olivier

Yeah it was a VERY bad day overall, and I think tomorrow should be pretty messy too.

The TGL international index (The Gartman Letter, a must-read IMO) that follows 10 markets around the world is off about 14-15% from it's highs in October...it's not a good sign at all. The problems are felt by everyone, everywhere. I do not believe we are out of the woods.

Eric, you DID make a VERY good call on the Monday and Tuesday timing. I'm wondering if you should not also be an portfolio manager while practicing law, or maybe you're just an all around genius!? Anyways, you're insight is always very fun to have and thanks for the contribution to the threads.

Which shipping company was discussed earlier?

-Olivier

I am a portfolio manager of sorts.... I manage my and my families investments (which is damned near a full time job of its own).

Tomorrow should be very interesting... I had several puts expire worthless last Friday that would have been very handy to have tomorrow :( All I'm holding puts on now is MER.

lvs is down almost half of what it was months back. I wonder what it's going to look like in 6 months.

lvs is down almost half of what it was months back. I wonder what it's going to look like in 6 months.

screw lvs, we're talking worldwide markets down 10%!

Most European markets up a few % now, but if NYSE takes a hit later today, I guess we will see a big drop here tomorrow.

US is looking to lose 3-4% today.... However thats RELATIVELY GOOD news considering what we were looking at a few hours ago, and compared with the double digit percentage losses in other markets...

Gold is down $12 which doesnt make a lot of sense given the slaughter.... It should be through the roof.... Something to consider.

I havent yet begun my move here.... I was about to seconds before the rate cut was announced.... Im now set to pounce at the open.... Definitely getting some better prices for my patience.

Charles Schwab's website is completely JAMMED....

Beautiful. I made a list last night of companies I wanted to buy in the panic sell off in the morning. This was the quickest money I've made. Believe me, I sold as soon as I made a few bucks. This market is seriously raising my blood pressure to dangerous levels :shock: . There are going to be some crazy economic desperation moves used, but none are going to work. WERE FUCKED.

There are going to be some crazy economic desperation moves used, but none are going to work. WERE FUCKED.

YUP. Time to buy some puts while the dead cat is still bouncing!

Gold is down $12 which doesnt make a lot of sense given the slaughter.... It should be through the roof.... Something to consider.

Any thoughts on that? Im considering mining stocks..

YUP. Time to buy some puts while the dead cat is still bouncing!

Yep.... The market has held up nicely this morning given what COULD have happened..... Anybody want to guess what happens this afternoon???? Everybody who bought the bottom, and made a little money this morning is going to RUN LIKE HELL BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO GET STUCK HOLDING IT OVERNIGHT....You could see another really bad day on Friday for the same reason.... We will retrace the lows and go lower.

January is a lost cause... I STILL have some hope for the first few days of February (not much though.) The .75 basis cyt was a big move that cant be underestimated.... BUT it will only work if its followed by ANOTHER cut in 2 weeks.

Any thoughts on that? Im considering mining stocks..

Stay away from it for now....

If youre not already holding gold, its too risky to buy at this point....

Keep an eye on it for the direction of the other markets.