Top Posters In This Topic

Silver

Platinum

DBC (Commodity Index)

Gold

Oil

EURO

GBP

All at their highs and all capable of making gains on a continued US Recession -- the EURO <> USD just broke above resistance earlier this week so I expect the EURO to move higher against the dollar ... a float between 151 and 160. The previous trading range was 144 - 149. Also, the EURO pays a better interest rate than here in the US, especially since the Fed keeps dropping rates.

There is money to be made in this crappy market -- just gotta be in the pro-inflationary sectors (metals, agri, oil) or on the short side of US stocks.

Anybody here into carry trades? (i.e. low interest loan from Japanese bank and invest it in Australian bonds yielding 6% or more). I've been watching the US dollar compared to the Australian dollar for the past 7 years. I remember when the greenback would give you $2 aussie... now it only brings $1.05 So sad.

Silver

Platinum

DBC (Commodity Index)

Gold

Oil

EURO

GBP

All at their highs and all capable of making gains on a continued US Recession -- the EURO <> USD just broke above resistance earlier this week so I expect the EURO to move higher against the dollar ... a float between 151 and 160. The previous trading range was 144 - 149. Also, the EURO pays a better interest rate than here in the US, especially since the Fed keeps dropping rates.

There is money to be made in this crappy market -- just gotta be in the pro-inflationary sectors (metals, agri, oil) or on the short side of US stocks.

Amen to that. I agree 100% with what you said. Keep it simple: buy the stuff that will benefit from the inflation. You would love to read Don Coxe's Basic Points every month. PM your email address and I will forward it to you. The February edition is EPIC.

-Olivier

• 2 weeks later...

OMG. I bought shares of TMA two days ago and it's waaaaay up. I bought some ABK today...risky bond insurance I know, but if they make it, I'll be up many times over. Lambo here I come!!! And I'll keep my Viper too!!!

Were having a repeat of Martin Luther King day.... Asian markets are open and falling down about 5%

Were having a repeat of Martin Luther King day.... Asian markets are open and falling down about 5%

This time it looks worse. It's happening AFTER the fed stepped in to inject money and cut the discount. Let's see what happens Tuesday!!

This time it looks worse. It's happening AFTER the fed stepped in to inject money and cut the discount. Let's see what happens Tuesday!!

Theyve already pretty much said theyre going to drop ANOTHER .5%.

The problem now is inflation, but I doubt were going to see oil continue to rise now.... A recession now looks inevitable, and that will be enough to take the piss out of oil speculation... And considering that it is the only area of the economy really showing any inflation at this point, I think we'll dodge that bullet by falling on our own swords...

Im still predicting a rough summer bringing a bottom and eventual turn around....

- China is awash with red.... And I dont mean the communist party.

http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks/wei_region3.html

We're in a real messy situation. Gartman has been pouding the table for 2 months now about a Gold/Dow ratio of about 9.0. I thought he as right in the direction, but a bit extreme at the beginning, when he started entering his long/short position at 13.5. It's under 12 now...getting rapidly closer to his prediction...and a bad spot for investors in general.

-Olivier

We're in a real messy situation. Gartman has been pouding the table for 2 months now about a Gold/Dow ratio of about 9.0. I thought he as right in the direction, but a bit extreme at the beginning, when he started entering his long/short position at 13.5. It's under 12 now...getting rapidly closer to his prediction...and a bad spot for investors in general.

-Olivier

Not for this investor....

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

Dow now positive.... Just like the Martin Luther King trade day...

Hehe...a couple of coins here and there never hurt anyone! ;)

The markets are really wild...you just need to follow volume though. If it rises on the downtrends...we will have a bad week...

my stock pick for now is dont invest but if I had to 2 stocks I currently own that I think will make crazy money in the next year are LLEG, a penny stock which I purchase at .0017 not too long ago and is now at .0042 after 2 weeks of crazy rise I really think its gonna boom this year and AYR is a company that I love and just purchased alot of the other day, they are very profitable if you look at their balance sheet the only reason the stock plunged to near its 52 week low is because the biggest shareholder was a hedge fundthat had to sell off to cover other margin calls. It has a huge dividend and is profitable I see no reason for it not to double in value in the next year. Aside from those 2 I say just stick with a bunch of CanRoys in times like this they pay huge dividends that wont expire until 2010....Favs in order PVX,HTE,PGH. Also being from Houston I say Load up on KMP before you really regret in 5-10 years they are going to be megapowers and their dividends are very nice as well

FYI: Silver is taking a beating today ... I've been day trading the Silver ETF (SLV) with success. I buy on pull backs / sell-offs and sell intra-day. SLV is getting hit hard and I bought again today and will try to sell before market close. I think silver will continue to have an upside bias as long as the market sentiment is bearish. I don't like holding overnight though.

FYI: Silver is taking a beating today ... I've been day trading the Silver ETF (SLV) with success. I buy on pull backs / sell-offs and sell intra-day. SLV is getting hit hard and I bought again today and will try to sell before market close. I think silver will continue to have an upside bias as long as the market sentiment is bearish. I don't like holding overnight though.

Im on a freeroll with silver.... Bought in 97 ($5/oz) (while all my friends were buying Pets.com & Etrade :icon_mrgreen: )

I love that these ETF's can't get blindsided intra-day by "CEO reports guidance to be lower than expected" and wham, your day trade is out $25K in seconds. I bought at 181.49 ... sold 2 hours later 183.45 -- the SLV is my new ATM! I'm going to the Mirage Grand Buffet afterall!! :eusa_dance: (Just joking ... i'm back in Phoenix now...)

Good for you Mike. Kinross Gold and Silver Wheaton, two Canadian companies, got KILLED in the last few days...unfortunately.

Just keeping my fingers crossed for now that prices rebound.

Mike, let's not forget, in longer-terms, silver actually has much more uses and industrial demand than gold, helping the basic fundamentals of supply/demand in a bullish way.

Is it possible that we are on the upswing of a double bottom?

And all is going to rise for a while?

I think its POSSIBLE..... The worm has definitely turned this morning..... I think its 50/50 we go back again... I still think Summer will be the time of capitulation.... There is still a lot of fear in the market, and it wont take much to slam southward.

• 3 months later...
I think its POSSIBLE..... The worm has definitely turned this morning..... I think its 50/50 we go back again... I still think Summer will be the time of capitulation.... There is still a lot of fear in the market, and it wont take much to slam southward.

Its summer....

And it's not pretty...

• 5 months later...

Bring this thread back to life what???

So how bad has everyone gotten beat up?

$40k in roughly 6 months for me. I know to some on here it may not be much, but it sure sucks for me.

Up about 11%.

When we had that 500-600 dip last week, and most things went down 10-15%, I knew I should buy something.

it was between GOLD and GLD for me, thought about CIT but at $3 wasn't sure.

Well it did well, but so did GOLD netting 28% as of today

Up about 11%.

When we had that 500-600 dip last week, and most things went down 10-15%, I knew I should buy something.

it was between GOLD and GLD for me, thought about CIT but at $3 wasn't sure.

Well it did well, but so did GOLD netting 28% as of today

I hope youre still in gold now...Nice day today.