Stock Picks - Post Your Stock Picks

phxdiablo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say another quarter point bump. For the Fed, it is preferable to risk being overly pre-emptive than to risk falling behind the inflation curve. I think they'll hint towards a "pause" in November.

Yup... BUT!!! The vote wasnt UNANIMOUS!!! Thats SOMETHING to hang a hat on... I think this is a mistake... There is NO inflation, we have Antecdotal evidence of the one area of the market with infaltion- housing SLOWING...

RETIRE AL!

OK what are the predictions on what HAL and NOV may do because of Rita? or any other gas and oil stock. Same as what happen with Katrina? I thought we were pretty close to botteming out and some things and bought back into some stuff yesterday. Whoa!! was I wrong. Both of the stocks I bought back into were way below showing support. I even held out an extra day to see what would happen, gues I should have waiting another day.

what do you guys think about sirius as a holiday stock?

i've noticed that howard sterns contract with public radio ends in 3 months. i'm thinking that some people may buy sirius radio as a holdiay gift or something. what do you guys think?

OK what are the predictions on what HAL and NOV may do because of Rita? or any other gas and oil stock.  Same as what happen with Katrina? I thought we were pretty close to botteming out and some things and bought back into some stuff yesterday. Whoa!! was I wrong. Both of the stocks I bought back into were  way below showing support. I even held out an extra day to see what would happen, gues I should have waiting another day.

If you plan on holding them a while, I wouldnt sell HAL or NOV...

HAL and nov are getting POUNDED today... Dont know why yet... Been out and about so I have been tracking stuff... But theyre going to have GREAT numbers when its time to report 3 months from now...

Im NOT buying oil right now and Im holding off on refiners until the damage is done... IF they get ruined, you bet your ass the Feds will bail them out... and if the stocks are pounded down by fear, all the better....!!!!

what do you guys think about sirius as a holiday stock?

i've noticed that howard sterns contract with public radio ends in 3 months.  i'm thinking that some people may buy sirius radio as a holdiay gift or something.  what do you guys think?

I think you need to read this:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2005/09/22/x...artner=yahootix

;)

If you plan on holding them a while, I wouldnt sell HAL or NOV...

HAL and nov are getting POUNDED today... Dont know why yet... Been out and about so I have been tracking stuff...  But theyre going to have GREAT numbers when its time to report 3 months from now...  

Im NOT buying oil right now and Im holding off on refiners until the damage is done...  IF they get ruined, you bet your ass the Feds will bail them out... and if the stocks are pounded down by fear, all the better....!!!!

I agree, just as we saw post-Katrina where oil dropped 20% in roughly a week (until Rita appeared), oil is softer than it appears.

Unlike what the media constantly repeats day after day, 80% of this spike the past six months is due to speculation, NOT supply issues. The second the gov gets involved, the Gulf refinieries come back online post-Rita, and the excess (yes excess) barrels of oil that are waiting for refinement now get processed, oil will collapse down into the low 50s. Maybe even lower.

I don't know what that means for HAL and NOV as I don't follow the stocks, but oil is definitely trumped up right now and looking for any excuse to fall once we get a little stability.

Anybody else own any GOLD??? Hit $475/oz today... COME ON $500!!!! DADDY NEEDS A EURO BUMPER!!!!

Is that a Krugerrand? Mel Gibson and Danny Glover found a trunkload of them in LW 2.

Thats what they are.... Ive owned them that long... Back when they were illegal even... :-$

The others are Austrian Corona and theres some Eagles in there as well...

Thanks for the info eric, but no I'm not holding NOV or HAL. I just thought they may be good to jump into here like they were after katrina hit. I took a bad enough beating today as it was

Well so far Google has been good to me. I didn't hit the absolute bottom on the buy but it is following the trend I predicted. Bought at 307 and currently at 316 :supz:

I bought about 75 ounces of gold. Mostly Eagles back earlier this year when gold was at $418.00. I stuck it in a safe deposit box. I'm in for the long haul. I want to see what happens. :supz:

Thats a good move... You might want to sell a dozen ounces or so here at 463... Thats a good profit... Not sure were going to hit 500... We might... but 1000 is an absolute pipe dream...

Im still in Hal... Ive bought on some weekness, and still going up... Was up almost a dollar today...

I just dont have a sense of where the broader market is going from here on out...

Ok guys, time to watch me PISS AWAY MONEY or MAKE MONEY.

Today I bought October PUTS @ 95 strike on NTES $6,600 worth. The stock is overextended on low volume. I plan to hold for a few days. Ill let ya know how it works, or doesnt.

I sold the contracts today for $6,900 and profited $300 -- NTES sold off like I thought it would -- unfortunately, I was expecting a big sell off -- not a small one -- so when the huge sell off didn't happen, I took whatever $$ was on the table.

Although I made 5% on my money in 1 day, the trade wasn't worth my time and the hold risk over the weekend was too much since the contracts expire in October.

Oh well; $300 will pay 1/2 my electric bill.

PS: At market close, the contracts were worth $7,500 -- I should have waited!!!! This stock is going lower...

Christ! Anybody else take it in the ass today??? HOLY SHIT!!!! Im barely in this market and I got steamrolled... Haliburton down 3 dollars!!! :vom:

I go out to the fcuking garage to tinker with the car, I come back in and the dow is down 100 points....

I took in the ass last week, I figured i better just hold what I had and see what happens. So far that seems to be working