tiger woods should have gone with the driver.

Roman

:iamwithstupid:

The media witchhunt is sickening, and not only on the Tiger Woods topic.

If your name is really Escobar, I can totally understand.

How does he get charged with DUI when he was not driving but asleep in his car on the side of the road?

2 flat tires, at least one broken rim, body damage and this "parking" job.

post-13077-1496354430_thumb.jpg

I am not for piling on, if he has a problem, hope he gets help. Glass houses.

How does he get charged with DUI when he was not driving but asleep in his car on the side of the road?

I believe with the key in the ignition or car on, its considered the same as driving.

I believe with the key in the ignition or car on, its considered the same as driving.

Even with the car off and key out of ignition you can get a dui. Buddy got one sleeping in his car in a parking spot one time

Key in car, anywhere, shows intent to drive=guilty. Do not go in or near your car drunk.. period. You do not have to "drive" drunk anymore.

Key in car, anywhere, shows intent to drive=guilty. Do not go in or near your car drunk.. period. You do not have to "drive" drunk anymore.

That is a stupid as fcuk rule. The key doesn't only control the ignition. If a person is using it for a heater or a/c so they don't die and are good smart enough to not drive they should be commended.

So is that the real reason behind all the newer cars don't need to insert a key and have a Start/Stop button instead to turn the car over? :icon_mrgreen:

And what happens when one is found intoxicated but sleeps in the back seat of a parked car with ignition off and no key inserted?

Not sure where I heard it, I think maybe during a defensive driver class I took to avoid getting points on my license for a ticket once, they basically said if you're drunk and want to sleep in your car you should sleep in the back seat and put your keys in the trunk.

By now we all know he wasnt drinking. Breathalizer was .000.

Considering he has had three or four back surgeries in the last two years...including just having discs fused two months ago...I can understand the meds. Tiger should have a driver on hand 24/7.

Does it seem weird that the dash cam footage was released almost immediately??? I dont even think 48 hours had passed since the incident and police dash cam footage was on the news. Normally it takes weeks, months, even years for footage to surface when the police are in question.

Considering he has had three or four back surgeries in the last two years...including just having discs fused two months ago...I can understand the meds. Tiger should have a driver on hand 24/7.

Does it seem weird that the dash cam footage was released almost immediately??? I dont even think 48 hours had passed since the incident and police dash cam footage was on the news. Normally it takes weeks, months, even years for footage to surface when the police are in question.

Once they realized he wasn't drunk, he should have been treated completely differently. Granted, he shouldn't have been driving but this was overboard.

That is a stupid as fcuk rule. The key doesn't only control the ignition. If a person is using it for a heater or a/c so they don't die and are good smart enough to not drive they should be commended.

So is that the real reason behind all the newer cars don't need to insert a key and have a Start/Stop button instead to turn the car over? :icon_mrgreen:

And what happens when one is found intoxicated but sleeps in the back seat of a parked car with ignition off and no key inserted?

You could argue now that maybe it's even worse as you can start the car from just about anywhere inside the vehicle.

Not sure where I heard it, I think maybe during a defensive driver class I took to avoid getting points on my license for a ticket once, they basically said if you're drunk and want to sleep in your car you should sleep in the back seat and put your keys in the trunk.

Yeah, unfortunately they have gone a bit overboard here to give the police an easy way to get the arrest. This worst case scenario of an intoxicated driver waking up and then deciding to drive the car but if only the key was outside instead of inside..... :rolleyes:

Actually they released Michael Floyd's DUI dash cam arrest video in 2 weeks or so after the incident. Floyd was a receiver for the Arizona Cardinals at the time and was over double the limit when he was caught sleeping at an intersection. So there is that recent precedent at least with (semi) famous people.

Also I've read that you can arrest for DUI even with a .000 BAC if you display symptoms or even joke around too much that you do.

While on topic, a reasonable amount of mouth wash can put you over the limit for 1-2 minutes.

Once they realized he wasn't drunk, he should have been treated completely differently. Granted, he shouldn't have been driving but this was overboard.

DUI doesn't have to be alcohol or anything illegal. Sounds like he may have been impaired by pain killers or abuse of some form of prescribed drugs. This was honestly the best result for him. He didn't kill anyone else, himself, or completely destroy the car. Spending some the night in the slammer and the negative press coverage will hopefully give him a "come to Jesus" moment and he can move on. Props to the Police for keeping everyone safe and another solid DUI (IMO).

A friend of mine got booked for a DUI because he was sitting in his car. The car wasn't on and the car wash push to start, so no key slot. Apparently, there is a loophole with push to start vehicles.

If tiger cant play golf maybe he needs to great at something esle he can get great at

DUI doesn't have to be alcohol or anything illegal. Sounds like he may have been impaired by pain killers or abuse of some form of prescribed drugs.

I've heard a little about some of these pain killers on podcast's this last week. Sounds like they can really mess you up. So I understand it being a DUI.

Dude... He was ALL KINDS of fucked up!!!!

My god... I've never been this fucked up in my entire life...

You cannot legally drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other substance that impairs your ability to operate the car, which theres substantial evidence he did.