Amazon offers low cost prime membership for poor

fmari

If they are going to spend all of their disposable income on consumer goods might as well spend it on amazon.com with FREE shipping.

Amazon is just making sure everyone has access to that prime goodness.

Plus they might save a few bucks on a few things vs the brick and mortar store.

:icon_super:

From the article, "The discounted membership will have all the perks associated with Prime, including free streaming video and music, free photo storage, access to the Kindle lending library, ability to shop from Amazon’s Essentials – the retailer’s low-cost line of everyday products, access to Prime Now (where available), and more."

Go ahead, enable them to stay home and be a couch potato. Now they can get music and tv/movies for free.

I could have understood if Amazon had applied it to EBT qualifying purchases, but this is an excessive marketing maneuver. I can't wait to see the entitlement backlash when Amazon decides to start charging them!

So is there any difference between the Prime for poorer and the regular Prime? Because if not, that means those who work have to pay full price while those not get it as a freebie...?

Now the net providers have to step in and provide free net subscription for povos and they will be all set.

It's just a marketing strategy!

It's a global domination strategy, and it's effective.

They have been offering $49 prime memberships to students for years.

It's a global domination strategy, and it's effective.

They have been offering $49 prime memberships to students for years.

At the school I went to, Amazon Prime was free as a student. I saw an article headline about how Jeff Bezos might become the next richest man in the world.

I saw an article headline about how Jeff Bezos might become the next richest man in the world.

No might about it, just when. He's up over $20B just this year, and is somewhere around $4B shy of Gates. With the run AMZN is on it's just a (short) matter of time. I would bet Bezos will be the first one to 12 figures, and it might come before the end of the year, with the typical Q4 run AMZN makes.

Well as long as its for things they need, food, diapers.....movies, music, express shipping.....maybe Lamborghini will start a lambos for clunkers program.