Here we go.....

duhawks

I just got a video from Dustin of his new toy.....Ya, it's bad ass!!!

Congrats brotha! Hopefully many happy and healthy miles ahead!!

Btw...congrats on the new build!!! Have you gotten it home, yet?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw...congrats on the new build!!! Have you gotten it home, yet?

Thank you. Not yet...almost. Should be home next Saturday. :)

Thank you. Not yet...almost. Should be home next Saturday. :)

Congrats!!!

Welcome back ...Looking forward to reading your first impressions ...

Enjoy ... Be safe ...

I've done about 350 miles so far. This car is way different than the 570, and 2 other r8 that I have owned.

It drives so much more nimbler. The awd system isn't clunky on sharp turns, it almost drives and feels like rwd. The transmission is also just fantastic. Almost feels like I'm driving a 911.

The electronics are a huge upgrade and so is the interior.

The car feels fast 0-70 but after that it feels slow to me. Like super slow. The power band feels like it is all above 6500 rpm.

I'm going to get out the vbox or go to the drag strip today and see what it has in it.

Honestly I'm trying to decide what my goals are.

With the 570 the goal was to destroy all GTRs lol.

I really love the events, roll racing, and drag racing. I am thinking about maybe chasing qtr mile stuff. I really have no interest in half miles anymore because of the speed. I have a family to think about now.

With the 570 I went from bolt on to 2r. I am thinking about slowly going through the phases this time and enjoying them. Would be nice to have the qtr mile records for all different phases.

It would be nice to get on yellow bullet and call people out lol

I really love the events, roll racing, and drag racing. I am thinking about maybe chasing qtr mile stuff. I really have no interest in half miles anymore because of the speed. I have a family to think about now.

With the 570 I went from bolt on to 2r. I am thinking about slowly going through the phases this time and enjoying them. Would be nice to have the qtr mile records for all different phases.

Sounds good! Yeah Gidi is even talking about going 300+ in the mile...even though Kevin ist still trying to talk him out of it haha

Sounds good! Yeah Gidi is even talking about going 300+ in the mile...even though Kevin ist still trying to talk him out of it haha

Yea, I don't think that will ever be happening. No sense in proving what we know we can run in the mile.

I have no doubts either. Plenty of other records to break and races to race. Tires, brakes and aero are a serious concern even above 200mph. Thats the factory top speed. 250 is already pretty scary

I have no doubts either. Plenty of other records to break and races to race. Tires, brakes and aero are a serious concern even above 200mph. Thats the factory top speed. 250 is already pretty scary

Check this picture out. Once the car slowed down the hood went back down to the normal position. This is a fully loaded car, nothing has been modified in the front area. This picture was 240+. We could tape some stuff up but still scary to think about what the rest of the car is going through as far as movement from the air.

unnamed%206_zpsdiphzfvi.png

Perfect plan 👍👍 can't wait

Check this picture out. Once the car slowed down the hood went back down to the normal position. This is a fully loaded car, nothing has been modified in the front area. This picture was 240+. We could tape some stuff up but still scary to think about what the rest of the car is going through as far as movement from the air.

Wow!! That would suck if the front latch gave out and it came up and flew back :(

So thats why I see so many cars with tape around the hood. Didnt a GTR´s hood fly off at the last TI? And that one was not even one of the suepr high HP ones.

If I would build a Huracan/R8 build with you I´d probably only go for 1/4 mile and roll racing at this point. Plenty has been proven in the half mile. I dont really see the point of going to 255-260 even though Im sure there will be customers who want to keep pushing the barriers. These are now speeds that are becoming really dangerous in my opinion. Just look at what happened to Richard Holt.

Even though you fit them with Roll bars and fire systems I think everyone needs to thank god that so few has happened up to this point. I know UGR builds quality cars and always puts safety first and I only wish the best for every racer out there no matter platform.

Stay safe out there everyone!

60-180 mph is plenty of time to prove a point...

Kind of like golf right now. They made all these courses so long but what they are finding out is the short holes are a harder challenge and creates more theater.

Bigger isn't always better.

Damn.... that's some crazy shit right there....