Pikes Peak 1/2 mile

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish we would have went for more in NC. We hit the 250 then put the Huracan up to take care of the R8 record. We will prob not be back to the 1/2 mile until November in Dallas. We will respond in due time.:) Again, congrats to ETS. I told T1 Tony this AM that ETS would hit 250+ and Heffner 230's. Called it pretty close. With the cooler temps tomorrow ETS will prob at least hit 255. Crazy how fast this sport has gotten.

Has the X2 Huracan seen 60 psi yet? I do recall an X1 seeing 40-45 psi and that was two years ago I think.

ETSS better go 250 + mph. That is a full on race car. Just like T1 or Alpha G.

UGR went 250 with a Street Car. HUGE Difference !!!

GTRs and Lambos/Audis shouldn't even be compared to begin with. 5.2L V10> 3.8L v6

GTRs and Lambos/Audis shouldn't even be compared to begin with. 5.2L V10> 3.8L v6

People like you need to stop comparing just the engines. There are other things...

Gtrs arent using the 3.8. They are using 4.0, 4.1, 4.4

Street tires vs.slicks

Factory block vs billet block

Full weight vs stripped-out race cars

No cage or parachute vs full cage + parachute

Customer cars vs shop cars

Etc

People like you need to stop comparing just the engines. There are other things...

Street tires vs.slicks

Etc

Best response yet the the GTR fan boi

I wish we would have went for more in NC. We hit the 250 then put the Huracan up to take care of the R8 record. We will prob not be back to the 1/2 mile until November in Dallas. We will respond in due time.:) Again, congrats to ETS. I told T1 Tony this AM that ETS would hit 250+ and Heffner 230's. Called it pretty close. With the cooler temps tomorrow ETS will prob at least hit 255. Crazy how fast this sport has gotten.

Very smart of you to stop at 250 and get the R8 record. I wish ETS keeps the record and keep going faster and faster cuz you need good competition ;)

Street tires vs.slicks

Etc

Don't even bother... this is the same guy who was making fun of the death of our Marines overseas... He is a POS.

Street tires vs.slicks

Etc

Well you keep mentioning that the GTRs are gutted out race cars, that's what they have to do to keep up with the competition.

Who did Leo? What did I miss??

He's talking about some fucked up shit I said a couple weeks ago, which I apologized for like 10 times, I thought he moved passed it, but I guess not

Very smart of you to stop at 250 and get the R8 record. I wish ETS keeps the record and keep going faster and faster cuz you need good competition ;)

Yea man, believe it or not this is great motivation for us.

For the guys that are talking about the GTR being gutted, you guys have to give credit where credit is due. There are no rules in 1/2 mile top speeds. ETS did what they had to do to get the job done.

Yea man, believe it or not this is great motivation for us.

For the guys that are talking about the GTR being gutted, you guys have to give credit where credit is due. There are no rules in 1/2 mile top speeds. ETS did what they had to do to get the job done.

Very well said Kevin ;)

Why the FK would you wish that on any US Marines?? That's fked up man!!!

Idk, it was fucked up, I apalogized, I don't know what to do to make him feel better...

He's talking about some fucked up shit I said a couple weeks ago, which I apologized for like 10 times, I thought he moved passed it, but I guess not

Apologies not accepted.... you are a piece of shit and hopefully one day I will say it to your stupid face.

There was an interview with lucas from ETS and he mentioned they used a drag racing fuel cell for that run. Pretty difficult to drive such a car in traffic (or in the summer without the ac). And they even admit that they break something every single run.

The takeaway here is that this is great for competition but think about the measures they are taking to be 2mph faster than a street car with everything stock inside besides some lighter seats (and the weight lost from that is off set from the roll bar and fire system). Thats the real insanity here.

Exciting none the less. Takes a hell of a team effort and balls to get a car to 250mph

ETS first pass on this Sunday: 247 down on power a bit and a slight headwind. Shooting for 255 for sure today.

Lucas said hes gonna keep running until the car breaks to a point that they cant race anymore

There was an interview with lucas from ETS and he mentioned they used a drag racing fuel cell for that run. Pretty difficult to drive such a car in traffic (or in the summer without the ac). And they even admit that they break something every single run.

The takeaway here is that this is great for competition but think about the measures they are taking to be 2mph faster than a street car with everything stock inside besides some lighter seats (and the weight lost from that is off set from the roll bar and fire system). Thats the real insanity here.

Exciting none the less. Takes a hell of a team effort and balls to get a car to 250mph

Because those exact cars also run 6'.98 in the 1/4 @ 210mph+. The exact same configuration of the Lambos in street trim you are talking about are far away from that. Hence why those cars are gutted dedicated Race cars.

ETS just ran 255.54 too.