Real wheel drive conversion questions?

ComputerXpress

that may be the first upgrade after i go thru this car a bit--

did all fluids yesterday- need to get center caps on and then brakelight- thats it till end of summer then will look intosome upgrades.. radar- stereo and 2wd

I still worry about doing this on the early Murci... Anymore feedback?

So I dont know if you want me and whiteout to fight, lol, but I consider him a friend, and he and I literally txt every few days. He and I co-developed an intake system, that I freely gave him the rights to market, with the understanding that he and I would just be open and honest about the issues we faced when doing numerous other things. He honored his part and I did mine. I stand by the intake system he is selling because I designed the majority of it (the silicon version), he has total design brains behind the titanium/aluminum pipe version he made. Silicon version is yours truly's design ;) (he did help with airfilters).

Why explain all this? Because he is a buddy, but I still have to be true to my experience, I do NOT recommend the RWD conversion on an early EGEAR murci, they just cant cope (long term) with the abuse of the harder egear shifts that happen. A STICK version Murci is less abusive (as long as the clutch operator doesnt dump the clutch constantly). as egear is quite aggresive on its releases of the clutch during power shifts. Whiteout (Nick) will tell you he beat the shit out of his early murci (he had one too) and it never broke, I do not deny that. What I can tell you, is that TWO DIFFERENT differentials I busted using egear early murci in RWD. I never rebuilt the broken one, I just replaced it, that one broke too, so the idea I had TWO factory murci differentials that were 'freak factory weak' doesnt add up. Nick can refute this, but I decided to NOT take the risk and my THIRD differential i put in the murci was an LP640, WHICH unlike most of you, I have opened both up and seen how significantly STRONGER built the lp640 differential is over the regular murci one.

So that said I am NOW 09 Murci in RWD and LOVE THE fcuk OUTTA IT. So I stand behind RWD, I am making over 600hp TO THE WHEELS, and the car is a TON of fun. I'd only do an early EGEAR murci to RWD if it was stick and you didnt beat the fcuk outta it. Nick's experiences say otherwise, but I have 2 busted differentials to the contrary, AND some dude on here posted that he two busted his differential doing the RWD deal, so its NOT just a 'Jon's the only one' .... 3 failed differentials doesnt make an definitive argument, but it should give any of you a moment of pause to decide if you want to risk it. Good news is, it is NOT an engine out situation. Marginally harder then pulling the front differential. If your local to NC and have beer, I'll help you yank it out in a few hours if you break one.

Jon had a thread on here about the sun gear on the rear diff not being strong enough on the 6.2, I think he ended up putting in a 640 rear end.. probably depends on how you drive it too

I always love when people talk about me and I find it later on my own with no one pm's me telling me. lol. I think Nick knew not to inform me that the discussion was going on. LOL!

Yes, wtf why is Stimpy getting the credit of the hard work I DID? he's running the bus version ;) I am the one who who converted A REGULAR murci to a lp640 setup. Its not so much the sun gears, as it is the stub axles that come from the sun/planetary gear that sheer off, the sun gears stay fine, you just have to pull it all apart to replace the stubaxle that sheers in half (thick of a hack saw cutting down a pipe perfectly flat, thats what happens).

Thats my 2 cents. I love the RWD KIT FOR the lp640 and I very much respect whiteout. If someone makes me go AWD again in my Murci, I'm selling it. I dont like losing, and AWD is too damn slow. with R888R, you can even take off with ZERO wheel spin in RWD, so what the hell did we need the AWD system for anyways, tire advancements makes AWD murci pointless and a hindrance to performance.

Jon

I dont like losing, and AWD is too damn slow. with R888R, you can even take off with ZERO wheel spin in RWD, so what the hell did we need the AWD system for anyways, tire advancements makes AWD murci pointless and a hindrance to performance.

Jon

I agree 100%, converted my Diablo to 2wd with Whiteout system, it was night and day, way more responsive and fun to drive.

Older Murci pre LP640 would benefit from this conversion as well.

I do believe that LP640 has enough power to handle the all wheel drive system to make it questionable if conversion needed, but then again I would need to drive both to tell you the truth.

Any offers / :D:D:D

Sorry lurking in this section, interested in getting a Murci soon.

You don't feel like the front of the car is floaty? Even after corner balancing?

Dude... you drive with your front lift up the entire time. How much floatier can it feel? :lol2:

So I dont know if you want me and whiteout to fight, lol, but I consider him a friend, and he and I literally txt every few days.

Thats my 2 cents. I love the RWD KIT FOR the lp640 and I very much respect whiteout. If someone makes me go AWD again in my Murci, I'm selling it. I dont like losing, and AWD is too damn slow. with R888R, you can even take off with ZERO wheel spin in RWD, so what the hell did we need the AWD system for anyways, tire advancements makes AWD murci pointless and a hindrance to performance.

Jon

We can disagree on the pre-LP egear. Honestly, I think the new trans mount will help with the problem since there was likely extra force being transferred to the rear diff when the driveline would flex while shifting at WOT (or doing donuts, like the other car that failed.)

With the R888R, the only way I get wheel spin is with 5K rpm clutch dumps from a standstill.

You don't feel like the front of the car is floaty? Even after corner balancing?

Not floaty at all.

With 2WD and R888R up front (255 width) there is so much more grip in the canyons than with the factory set up. The car actually wants to turn, it's amazing.

I certainly don't, had the front of the car lowered after weight was removed, it feels solid. And someone mentioned that 150lbs does not matter much for performance OH YES IT DOES,

The difference between a VT and SV is only 210lbs. 150lbs is very noticeable if you drive your car like it was meant to be driven, if you are only a cruiser then no you wouldn't notice it as much. But if thats the case sell the car whats the point :D