MKS

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow 5000rpms you sure that late on a v10

V6, V8, V10 makes absolutely no difference at all. It's displacement and RPM. And when you have an 8500 RPM redline, 5k for full boost isn't bad at all.

Is Stage 3 with race heads available with DCT on Huracan now? The UGR page says "Coming Soon".

Check "Houston T" - Peters thread here.

I would go with Stage 3+ w/ race heads. It's the only way to go!

I thought for a while about not sending mine to UR for TT when it arrives... Then I realized how bored I would get after a month of driving it lol. It comes in November and it's going straight to NC :) (Blu Cepheus)

Can't wait to see that bad boy! My fav color. You guys make me wanna rob a bank!! Lol

V6, V8, V10 makes absolutely no difference at all. It's displacement and RPM. And when you have an 8500 RPM redline, 5k for full boost isn't bad at all.

Yes cuz usually the v10's have double the displacement therefore they spool earlier

Displacement definantly effects spool, for example, a GTR with a 3.8L equiped with 67mm turbos won't hit full boost until close to 6000rpms, even some cases after 6000. Increase the displacement to a 4.1L or a 4.4L, it would hit full boost somewhere between 5000-5500rpms.

Displacement definantly effects spool, for example, a GTR with a 3.8L equiped with 67mm turbos won't hit full boost until close to 6000rpms, even some cases after 6000. Increase the displacement to a 4.1L or a 4.4L, it would hit full boost somewhere between 5000-5500rpms.

Obviously. Number of cylinders means nothing in that equation.

Obviously. Number of cylinders means nothing in that equation.

The v10 has a 5.2L and the previous had a 5.0 so yes that's more spool and displacement is not the only factor there's the dynamic and static compression and fuel type like ethanol which can early the spool too

Sounds really really good can't wait

Hi MKS,

speak to kevin about stage 3 with race heads running 62 mm turbos.

I have these on my LP stage 3 with raceheads and power comes on at 4000 rpm.

I also make 1275rwhp with MS109.

your stage 3 will be very track friendly running on pump gas on lowest setting with 800rwhp, I can assure you.

If you take a brave pill you can track at 1150rwhp on pump.

Only 'disadvantage' of the smaller turbos on stage 3 is that you cannot upgrade to 1R.

To go to a 1R you do need the 67's plus billet manifold and billet gearbox etc.

From one of Kevins recent posts, I believe he favours the 1R as the ultimate UR street version. You can always use the lowest boost setting and be very streetable. Leo is certainly a fan of the 1 R and I know Leo will never argue about not having enough power!!!

just my two cents worth after street and strip driving my stage 3 after 25,000 miles (40,000kms).

Whatever you choose, kevin and the team will see you right.

cheers,

john

Hi MKS,

speak to kevin about stage 3 with race heads running 62 mm turbos.

I have these on my LP stage 3 with raceheads and power comes on at 4000 rpm.

I also make 1275rwhp with MS109.

your stage 3 will be very track friendly running on pump gas on lowest setting with 800rwhp, I can assure you.

If you take a brave pill you can track at 1150rwhp on pump.

Only 'disadvantage' of the smaller turbos on stage 3 is that you cannot upgrade to 1R.

To go to a 1R you do need the 67's plus billet manifold and billet gearbox etc.

From one of Kevins recent posts, I believe he favours the 1R as the ultimate UR street version. You can always use the lowest boost setting and be very streetable. Leo is certainly a fan of the 1 R and I know Leo will never argue about not having enough power!!!

just my two cents worth after street and strip driving my stage 3 after 25,000 miles (40,000kms).

cheers,

john

Thank you sir 👍

Thank you sir 👍

I drove my 2R like 6,000 miles or something on the street lol! These DCT cars would be even better on the street and every day use! It was so fun I drove it every where!

I drove my 2R like 6,000 miles or something on the street lol! These DCT cars would be even better on the street and every day use! It was so fun I drove it every where!

Yeah I did the same with my 1R it drove better than stock and sounded a lot nicer too

with these stage 3 kits and 1r what power do you get if you don't use ice for the heat exchanger? I think i heard somewhere that you will get timing pulled if the temps are too high without ice.

with these stage 3 kits and 1r what power do you get if you don't use ice for the heat exchanger? I think i heard somewhere that you will get timing pulled if the temps are too high without ice.

Hi need4speed,

Kevin would be the best person to answer this.

I know from my limited experience of 25 sprints or so that logically, icing the reservoir resulting in lower inlet air temps should give more power.

UR would not go to the trouble of making a lovely intercooler reservoir with provision for icing, if icing was not of benefit.

Frankly, I personally have not been able to 'feel' the difference as don't have vbox.

The 'butt dyno' is not known for accuracy when you are hanging onto the steering wheel under full acceleration, I give you the big tip-eek! but vbox would tell you.

I have found that for me picking the right rpm to change up in the lower gears so as to get onto max boost in 3rd gear and up as fast as possible is most critical for a good Vmax.

just my two cents worth.

cheers,

john

Leo is certainly a fan of the 1 R and I know Leo will never argue about not having enough power!!!

cheers,

john

1R is A killer packeage IMO