What Color Should I change my wheels to?

JonV8944s

On a Monterey Blue/Blu Nethuns coloured car, I would go against the tide and say matte titanium just to break away from the norm. Will work for yellow calipers too.

post_3591_1440545804_thumb.jpg

On a Monterey Blue/Blu Nethuns coloured car, I would go against the tide and say matte titanium just to break away from the norm. Will work for yellow calipers too.

That looks very nice!

Umm....wow!

That's a winner right there!

I was thinking of going back to blue ( Diablo VT Roadster days) for an Aventador Roadster but silver was too old and black was kinda dark. I really like your choice.

I agree the black is old.. go silver

Dude, your car is now a youtube celebrity! Over 90K views! You're at 5:33.

Did you get to sit in that bad ass Enzo?

I'd take mattle tatanium over silver anyday.... liking it!

However hearts still moving towards bronze.

The bronzed silver was decent actually but seemed a comp out, pick one direction not half way to either.

As far as the tire shop, my buddy runs it lol, I only show up in the car to order tires, they are not allowed to touch the car lol.

Silver or chrome (light grayscale) is most classy with blue, and works okay with yellow.

You can go with gold or bronze but it wont look as classy and it will clash with yellow calipers quite badly.

Gloss black seems to work nicely so I would not neccessarily lose those wheels anywhere. Titanium seems to work too, it is kind of tie between grayscale and warmer colors.

White might work but it is a bit acquired taste and not the best with yellow, if your calipers were also blue the white would work bit better.

It would be interesting to see bodycolored wheels. It could work killer good with yellow calipers but is not as classy as silver or other more strained options.

And it could also be too much of the same.

Imho you have lot of black details in the car, the window frames, tinted windows and the side panel of rear rising vents. Thats why your current black works so well.

That looks very nice!

That looks fantastic!

Umm....wow!

That's a winner right there!

I was thinking of going back to blue ( Diablo VT Roadster days) for an Aventador Roadster but silver was too old and black was kinda dark. I really like your choice.

Thank you all very much guys!

It would be interesting to see bodycolored wheels. It could work killer good with yellow calipers but is not as classy as silver or other more strained options.

And it could also be too much of the same.

I don't think bodycoloured wheels would work. I have yet to see bodycoloured wheels work on any car regardless of type or price perhaps with the exception of silver and white colours; but those are hardly any surprise. It definitely will not work on a MB/BN car. The colour itself is already a show-stopper, having the car in a "monotone" colour scheme with a vivid colour that reflects different hues would be a sensory overload. The end result would be the yellow calipers being the only thing that pop out which obviously defeats the entire purpose.

i like the titanium or darker silver -

to me the bronze will date it and in a couple of years you will go "ugh" why did i pick bronze/gold.

i just saw a gallardo last week at work and black car he put gold wheels on it-- everyone who saw it thought the same thing- the wheels suck.. as someone else said too 90's subaru

I'd take mattle tatanium over silver anyday.... liking it!

However hearts still moving towards bronze.

The bronzed silver was decent actually but seemed a comp out, pick one direction not half way to either.

As far as the tire shop, my buddy runs it lol, I only show up in the car to order tires, they are not allowed to touch the car lol.

Here's my Hermera bronze and 19/20 liquid bronze.

IMG_6452.jpg2000.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg2000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I would buy a set of factory Hercules wheels instead of painting your factory black wheels. It is always good to keep the original wheels with the car, that came with the car. You could buy a set of silver Hercules wheels I am sure, have them painted that awesome looking titanium color from that Aventador above, and call it a day. Your wheels were an option from the factory, and they are on the sticker, so I would consider leaving them stock.

Just my .02 and that might be all it is worth.

I would consider media blasting the wheels, brushing them and doing a transparent black, bronze or gunmetal powdercoat. Check out prismatic

So you can see the brushed grains with the color instead of straight painted.

Here is mine with transparent brushed gloss bronze lip, transparent black brushed center (looks like dark titanium), candy red centercaps

Brixton Forged 1 of 1 we designed together with the Veneno style flange. 20/21 step lip 3 piece

LP.jpeg

Bronze has so many variants and every single version makes the entire outlook so different.

My suggestion is to get all the bronze powdercoat samples and lay it against your paint.

Bronze has so many variants and every single version makes the entire outlook so different.

My suggestion is to get all the bronze powdercoat samples and lay it against your paint.

How about this sample 😂

The photo of them in the truck has sun light shining on them, the photo below that one is blocking the sun due to the garage. They pop a little more in the light, but I made sure to NOT go too loud, a more dark color bronze, so its a subtle change from the black.

This site doesn't like pics that are too big, so that was most likely your problem uploading from ipad/iphone. The pics you posted are tiny, so that's why they worked. You probably made them smaller when you sent them to your PC, I am guessing by email.

You can definitely go a lot larger than what you posted, though.

With Center Caps installed (Yes the colors of the wheels are all identical, its kind of cool how it changes darkness based on light:

IMG_7038.JPG

• 1 month later...
With Center Caps installed (Yes the colors of the wheels are all identical, its kind of cool how it changes darkness based on light:

I really like that as an alternative to black. I would drop the front a tad bit though :)