Insanity = driving 1000 miles through Mexico in a day...

zdevilinside

Well, not all of that is going to be in Mexico but I will be driving 1000 miles tomorrow with most of it in Mexico. Cuernavaca, Morelos (about 1 hr s. of Mexico City) up to Laredo, TX and into San Antonio. Leaving at 2AM and HOPE to be at the Marriott in SA by 6pm.

If you haven't driven in Mexico, you don't know how tough this drive is in comparison to the US. Add to that the fact I don't speak Spanish and you get the idea.

Anyhow, this is a "I must be insane" thread.

What is the most insane thing you have ever done in a car? Besides the drive tomorrow, I went from Las Cruces, NM to Alamogordo, NM in 22 minutes once in my 99 Viper GTS ACR. I have also done a lot of long drives but the ones in Mexico to the US are the hardest ones for me.

I went from Las Cruces, NM to Alamogordo, NM in 22 minutes once in my 99 Viper GTS ACR.

That's 68 miles per maps.google.com. let's round to 60 miles. You averaged 163mph ...

What is the most insane thing you have ever done in a car?

Hard to pick one thing...

On time I discovered the fun way that this chick I was hooking up with in the back of my car was a squirter...Of course that did nothing to stop the activities...then had to drive 35 miles home with the windows down because my car smelled like p*ssy

Hard to pick one thing...

On time I discovered the fun way that this chick I was hooking up with in the back of my car was a squirter...Of course that did nothing to stop the activities...then had to drive 35 miles home with the windows down because my car smelled like p*ssy

You know she just peed in your car, right?

We did a Newport Beach to Mulege run in a 76 Cutlass with a busted window regulator and no AC over Spring Break in 90. It seemed 1,000 miles each way.....only 750.

You know she just peed in your car, right?

Similar concept but "squirt" fluid is actually mostly water. It cleaned out well, but there where certainly some questions during that interior detailing...

That's 68 miles per maps.google.com. let's round to 60 miles. You averaged 163mph ...

Add to that the Immigration check point and you get the idea then. It was a lot of fun; I had just gotten the car 2 weeks before and was thinking my Guardian Angel had a jet pack. It was about 7AM on a weekend so it was a lot of fun with no traffic, pretty much straight ways except for a couple of minor curves.

I didn't leave at 2AM like I was planning - overslept and decided to delay the trip 24 hours.

If you didn't already know, driving in Mexico is a lot harder to do than in the US for many reasons. People do not drive the same way as they do in the US; I was told that you should treat driving in Mexico like downhill skiing. You only care about what is in front of you. 2 lane roads mean 5 cars wide, it is rare that someone will let you in, etc. That is, that is the way it is around Mexico City and up to Monterrey.