cable for iphone connection

scud

About to take delivery of my SV and seeing this, i know for sure considering my luck i wont be able to play music :eusa_wall:

The cable in the photos with the lightning end will work.

Just sometimes it hit and miss.

Might play for 30 seconds then reboot, or might go for 30 minutes no problems.

I'm guessing there something within the iPhone software that the car doesn't completely like?

i tried the lighting end from a USB and from another jack and all combinations with a iPhone 6, 7S and SE and in every possible combination and it wound't ever work. I even restarted the phones. Once it thought about it for 3-4 seconds and decided it wasn't "Compatable" with the 7S.

I'm going with the $45 solution.

The bluetooth for the phone for talking is fine, works good.

I got Sirus to work as well but their content is pretty lame past couple years, I like Tidal for streaming music, Its expensive but IMO worth it. I like the interface and they also have higher quality files for better quality sound, i cant think of what the right words are. I have expensive earbuds and cables and a DAP where the better files actually matter in a car it's not necessary. But i'd like to be able to use Tidal in the SV, i use it in my other cars just fine thru bluetooth.

I'm not sure why its so hard for Audi to get it right, LOL

thx again!!!

Eric, good news. The cable I took a photo of and posted here worked for me today.

I travelled 937 kilometres today and the phone didn't miss a trick.

Updated the phone to 10.3.3 but this made no difference.

Phone still played up.

So I deleted 1 song sitting in folder 'recently purchased', car started playing from folder 'recently played', no issues.

I went to my song folder, hit shuffle and away it went perfect.

After 5 to 20 songs, the screen on the dash will start to show the song list correctly too.

Get to Bentley and grab that cable.

Yes all the iPhones I tried were current and I restarted them all as well just to be sure.

I will try the Bentley cable, I mite have one in my Bentley.

That's great news!! Thank everyone for the help.

Wow I love the SV!

On another note, already sold the F12. After driving the SV there's no point in a F12 in America. In Europe for touring I'd like one.

Best

Eric :)

Yes all the iPhones I tried were current and I restarted them all as well just to be sure.

I will try the Bentley cable, I mite have one in my Bentley.

That's great news!! Thank everyone for the help.

Wow I love the SV!

On another note, already sold the F12. After driving the SV there's no point in a F12 in America. In Europe for touring I'd like one.

Best

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

This arrived today.

Can't wait to try it out, see if it works.

I have this in my Aventador . Works perfect and my phone auto connects to it every time I get in the car.

I have this in my Aventador . Works perfect and my phone auto connects to it every time I get in the car.

my phone works just fine, perfect with bluetooth, just not music.

when i get home i'm going to solve this problem once and for all. lol

it must be noted that lame as i am with this sort of stuff its a mirical or accident i got my bluetooth to work.

my phone works just fine, perfect with bluetooth, just not music.

when i get home i'm going to solve this problem once and for all. lol

it must be noted that lame as i am with this sort of stuff its a mirical or accident i got my bluetooth to work.

Yea in the picture he posted that's the Tune to air module . It plugs into the same spot as the iPhone cable and then gives you Bluetooth for music . Works perfect

Bentley cable works great, purchased one from the dealer a few days ago.

I'm not a fan of bluetooth and plus I like to have two phones in my cars, one for music and one for regular use..

I got the Tune2Air module. Only thing I noticed is that it remained live after the car is turned off. I keep getting my phone connect to it even after I parked the Aventador and my music kept cutting out from my home system because the Tune2Air was connecting. Any suggestions, other than unplugging each time I park at home?

I got the Tune2Air module. Only thing I noticed is that it remained live after the car is turned off. I keep getting my phone connect to it even after I parked the Aventador and my music kept cutting out from my home system because the Tune2Air was connecting. Any suggestions, other than unplugging each time I park at home?

Are you locking your car?

• 2 weeks later...
Are you locking your car?

I am .... strange though.

I am .... strange though.

Really weird, you would think the car would cut power to it when it cuts everything else off.

Really weird, you would think the car would cut power to it when it cuts everything else off.

I thought so too... this would be a slow steady drain on a battery. I am going to see what is up again to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

I checked 4 hours after I locked the car and the blue light of the tune2air was off.

So I'm guessing no drain from the battery is occurring.

I don't know how long the blue light stays on after locking the car.

The blue light doesn't go out immediately but eventually it does.

Best

What does that mean, "not in America"? :lol2:

This arrived today.

Can't wait to try it out, see if it works.

I got one of these on Amazon last night. It arrives Monday. Let's see if I can manage to make this work. I hope so!!

Side story:

I was gone almost a month in Europe and came back, and picked up the SV from the dealer 2 miles away-wow what a car. I'm so happy I bought this car. Was funny when I drove back to the apt building I'm living in there was 3 Lambos in the valet at the same time. It's not a big valet either-have to drive they it to self park. There's about 6 or 7 in the garage total valet&park. Guy right next to me who's family is worth a B probably just got a S. So there's a yellow Murci (that's very well done up with wheels, wing etc) my 17 SV and a S all next to each other in 3 rows in that part of the garage. So much for being exclusive lol. That's the self park garage. The SV was 10000% the right car for me. Just wanted to thank everyone here for recommending that to me. You guys are great!

What does that mean, "not in America"? :lol2:

When I'm here in America I'd prefer a lambo over a Ferrari

In Europe gor touring for 10-12 weeks I'd like a f12 of 812. For 2 reasons, storage space and Ferrari's look better in Europe than America. Not saying I don't like l Lambos there. Given a choice of one car In Europe I'd take the Ferrari over a SV.

Ideally both and a Zonda as a kicker would be best!! And a LaF for weekends and a well you get it lololol

I want to go to Europe like I do every summer with a car and from May until mid August drive from backgammon tourney to bg tourney and site see in between. A SV just doesn't have the liters of storage capacity for trip that long. And I don't want to deal with a support van carrying all my stuff. It fits nicely in a f12. Also in America I found my f12 ho be a bit dull as I couldn't ever drive it fast. A SV is fun even at slow speeds.

That's my scattered list of reasons. Just woke up sorry it's not better written

:)

When I'm here in America I'd prefer a lambo over a Ferrari

In Europe gor touring for 10-12 weeks I'd like a f12 of 812. For 2 reasons, storage space and Ferrari's look better in Europe than America. Not saying I don't like l Lambos there. Given a choice of one car In Europe I'd take the Ferrari over a SV.

Ideally both and a Zonda as a kicker would be best!! And a LaF for weekends and a well you get it lololol

I want to go to Europe like I do every summer with a car and from May until mid August drive from backgammon tourney to bg tourney and site see in between. A SV just doesn't have the liters of storage capacity for trip that long. And I don't want to deal with a support van carrying all my stuff. It fits nicely in a f12. Also in America I found my f12 ho be a bit dull as I couldn't ever drive it fast. A SV is fun even at slow speeds.

That's my scattered list of reasons. Just woke up sorry it's not better written

:)

Ah ok, cool....pretty interesting breakdown!

Ok here we go!!!!!!!

MY BoVee arrived from Amazon today

I'm going to go see if it works. I'm really hoping I can make this thing work. It seems simple-problem is im VERY simple(as in dumb) with this sort of thing.

I'll report back later.

Thx again

Yay! Worked! Had my girl hook it up.

I'd be pissed if I paid $6500 for that system or what ever it costs. Sounds fair at best.

Still like the car lots. Very happy! Feels like a Lambo, IDK WTF the 50th felt like. Just had a cool yellow paint job.