E-gear issue again...ugh!

murcivu

Sell it and buy a Murci 6-speed. You won't come out ahead financially, even f you can even get past the finish line (no solid confirmations of anyone making it) of the conversion.

A LP 640 Roadster stick is going for 485k from Roy. I'm getting quotes from 30-40k so far. I spoke to the head tech at Lamborghini Sarasota ( my home dealership ) He said it's not a problem. All Lamborghini parts are stock items and there's no modifications.

The aventador is a different system all together, ISR vs E Gear. I haven't heard of many problems (or nearly as many) with the Aventador ISR as compared to the horror stories of the pre-LP e gear.

Agreed about no "egear issues on the Aventador but from all my reading electronic issues abound. I like the way Bryon S just writes it off as owning a high maintenance exotic. Maybe they're just crap. I put 72k miles on my Diablo VT Roadster and never got stranded anywhere, never broke down or needed a tow....in 10 YEARS of everyday driving! Sure, it needed maintenance and a watchful eye but once the header issue was taken care of...no issues. The more modern I go, the more problems I'm encountering.

A LP 640 Roadster stick is going for 485k from Roy. I'm getting quotes from 30-40k so far. I spoke to the head tech at Lamborghini Sarasota ( my home dealership ) He said it's not a problem. All Lamborghini parts are stock items and there's no modifications.

Agreed about no "egear issues on the Aventador but from all my reading electronic issues abound. I like the way Bryon S just writes it off as owning a high maintenance exotic. Maybe they're just crap. I put 72k miles on my Diablo VT Roadster and never got stranded anywhere, never broke down or needed a tow....in 10 YEARS of everyday driving! Sure, it needed maintenance and a watchful eye but once the header issue was taken care of...no issues. The more modern I go, the more problems I'm encountering.

Shamile, your signature says you have Murci, not a LP640. Why do you have to make that upgrade and pay double to get a 6-Speed? Megachad has a nice 6-Speed ready to go for $150K. And there's a nice 03 here in Houston that Roy sold with a full LP640 body kit (that looks completely factory) with lots of other upgrades for $175K. More choices on eBay, including a nice orange one.

You are not going to come out ahead of those with a conversion to your Murci, since most potential buyers at resale time will probably be afraid of issues and lack of originality with a conversion. Check the threads, plenty promise a conversion, but who has delivered one and how did that go for them?

And you were lucky your slave clutch linkage didn't fall off on the road, or the gear shift lever didn't break off in your hand on the Diablo. I've read stories about those not being perfect either.

Shamile, your signature says you have Murci, not a LP640. Why do you have to make that upgrade and pay double to get a 6-Speed? Megachad has a nice 6-Speed ready to go for $150K. And there's a nice 03 here in Houston that Roy sold with a full LP640 body kit (that looks completely factory) with lots of other upgrades for $175K. More choices on eBay, including a nice orange one.

You are not going to come out ahead of those with a conversion to your Murci, since most potential buyers at resale time will probably be afraid of issues and lack of originality with a conversion. Check the threads, plenty promise a conversion, but who has delivered one and how did that go for them?

And you were lucky your slave clutch linkage didn't fall off on the road, or the gear shift lever didn't break off in your hand on the Diablo. I've read stories about those not being perfect either.

Honestly, I will only drive a Roadster....even with the stupid top. I have no love for coupes....even a LP640 I have a 06 Roadster now. I prefer the seat and brake upgrades. It seems also the TCS system has been upgraded as I watched Megachad's video and it's totally unobtrusive in my car.

The only reason I would consider doing the conversion to my car is the egear is so unreliable that the car is constantly off line with one egear issue or another. I drive it as a daily driver and concours it. It has to be reliable.

The only reason I was mentioning the LP is that if you're going put extra money into something, it might as well be something a little more pleasing to my eye. To go from my 06 to an 08 is already about a 75k difference out the door....not really worth it. So, maybe just stick my Murcielago. I just find myself in a very odd position of not knowing what direction to go in. As far as coming out even, 17k in egear repairs in 2 years not including a clutch is already money down the drain. I might as well make it an enjoyable drive.

With my Diablo, I broke 3 shift rods, 3 slave cylinder pins and replaced 4 leaking slave cylinders. Once I changed over to the Hoskins rod, no issues. As far as the other issues mentioned, jack stands in the garage, a few hours and you're on the road again.

Now that I think about it, if it were me, I would feel more comfortable hiring a company to convert a coupe to a convertible than an e-gear to a stick.

0601_03_900-2006_Ford_GTX1_Convertible-D

Now that I think about it, if it were me, I would feel more comfortable hiring a company to convert a coupe to a convertible than an e-gear to a stick.

0601_03_900-2006_Ford_GTX1_Convertible-D

Until you find out that they forgot to include a top and want $50k for one!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting quotes from 30-40k so far. I spoke to the head tech at Lamborghini Sarasota ( my home dealership ) He said it's not a problem. All Lamborghini parts are stock items and there's no modifications.

would be really interested to see if someone does one-- personally i drive my cars so i'd take a "converted" car anyday F430 or murcie etc to drive -

i almost bought the parts to do my 430- (but its not having issues right now) but then bought the murcie that same week ..

• 2 weeks later...
would be really interested to see if someone does one-- personally i drive my cars so i'd take a "converted" car anyday F430 or murcie etc to drive -

i almost bought the parts to do my 430- (but its not having issues right now) but then bought the murcie that same week ..

If someone could confirm the swap I would do it in a heartbeat

• 1 month later...
Do you have any updates on the egear issue?

Shifting rod got wedged in-between two gear forks. Also, sensor went bad. Fcuk e-gear.

image_12.jpg

Shifting rod got wedged in-between two gear forks. Also, sensor went bad. Fcuk e-gear.

image_12.jpg

Been following thread with interest. I feel you pain. Did the shifting rod get jammed because the sensor failed, or for another reason ?

Would love to see the break down omn parts and labor to convert to a 6 speed from a dealership, can they give you a written estimate?

COmpletely ignore the 485k asking price from Roy, he is looking for the unicorn buyer, which he might get.

But for the rest of us, I would love to see the break down, maybe OCJEFF can chime in.

Would love to see the break down omn parts and labor to convert to a 6 speed from a dealership, can they give you a written estimate?

COmpletely ignore the 485k asking price from Roy, he is looking for the unicorn buyer, which he might get.

But for the rest of us, I would love to see the break down, maybe OCJEFF can chime in.

I generated a list that should cover most the parts: https://gist.github.com/sprite2005/dbc3333d...ea22eb419787d10

I never actually went through with conversion so not sure what is actually missing.

I generated a list that should cover most the parts: https://gist.github.com/sprite2005/dbc3333d...ea22eb419787d10

I never actually went through with conversion so not sure what is actually missing.

Thanks for doing this. Maybe this is something worthwhile for Glen at AMH Exotic Parts to look into. Start with this list that sprite had complied and see if there is anything else needed. Check for parts availability and assemble a "packaged deal" or perhaps even a "group buy packaged deal" for members here. It could be a very viable business proposition.

Nice list! 20k for parts,now who has a bad egear willing to sacrifice and what type of warranty will the dealer give?

Any value in the old egear parts?

Ideally if someone can get the factory on board to help with a conversion for selling such a shit box to owners would reflect grealty on them. Even better have some time of recall at a nominal fee.

Been following thread with interest. I feel you pain. Did the shifting rod get jammed because the sensor failed, or for another reason ?

I believe it's independent of one another.

I would so do this and be forever done with e-gear issues.

• 2 weeks later...

image_12.jpg

Woah! Did the egear system somehow cause this? Since this is the mechanical portion of the system, wouldn't this be a mechanical failure?

Please let us know.

Sprite! You da man! I printed this out and took it to Lamborghini Sarasota. I'm having the clutch done on my 06 Roadster in early Jan. and then it will be up for sale. Once sold, I'm buying a LP640 Roadster and I'm going to go do this with the dealership.

This will be awhile but I'll document everything and create a thread for it. I just plain and simply hate the egear.

Woah! Did the egear system somehow cause this? Since this is the mechanical portion of the system, wouldn't this be a mechanical failure?

Please let us know.

The shop foreman was suspecting that the actuator may have been misaligned from the most recent clutch job.