Urus

a007apl

Perhaps not in this case. The gestation period for this car is way too long. We saw pics of the concept and some of us at the Grande Giro saw that in real. Then there was a revised design that was shown to a very selected few in CA 2.5yrs ago. That one was quite different but in the wrong sense. And now we see this. So Lambo themselves seem to be at a bit of a lost. And in between, Lambo also had a new boss and a new styling director. Being in speculation for so long, people expect a lot more than what we are seeing here. All the previous models that grew on the crowd over time are because they were "different" from the norm. This one is too much of a norm and obviously not "different" enough. They will still sell lots of them to first-time Lambo buyers, to some of the Cayenne crowd who wants to step up and/or to the significant half of the Lambo owners who want more utility than sports from the car. But unless it drives like an Italian exotic, it seems doubtful that the Lambo sports car owners will be lining up for one.

And what is it with this platform? Can they not have a great looking shell fit onto it? The Bentayga is plain ugly; the Urus is too bland and the Q7, while not bad and acceptable, isn't a homerun either.

I believe locally the Urus will have no chance, it will come down to price, if they price it as they did the Bentayga it will be a major flop, the Bentayga is over $600k here LOL imagine how well they are selling at that price.

As a reference the Huracan starts at $450k if you want no options, if they price the Urus higher than the base Huracan, forget it, it will not sell, entrants to the brand go for a sports car first, if they price it under ($450k) the gap between it and the Bentayga will be way too big, Lamborghini "sells" it as a premium SUV I can't see them slotting it under the Bentayga by too much.

The Urus will have to live above the top model Cayenne and very close if not on par with the Bentayga because of that IMO the Urus is doomed locally but who cares they won't be able to make enough to satisfy the demand which will come from ME.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a fan. Can't just slap lambo headlights and tail lights on anything and call it a lambo.

there are PROs and CONs to the idea of adding an SUV to the lineup. i mean, most of us knew the URUS was coming down the pipeline. specially with the success of the Cayenne, and now other luxury lines like Bentley doing it.

PRO:

- continues to (at least hopefully from a financial standpoint) build the brand and help create more resources that can help fund and push the development of cooler innovation and designs for the super cars. elon musk mentioned the same thing about the MODEL S and X projects helping to fund the development of the mass market MODEL 3.

- attract and bring more people to the brand (i know this can be both a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it)

CON:

- brand dilution. it's a supercar brand, and never a SUV or practical brand.

- again, it attracts more people, making the brand and product less exclusive and special

- potentially could open up flood gates for BABY SUV, cross over, sedan, etc development of there's success with the URUS.

They could have done this right, but they massively F'ed it up.

Ask yourself this: If that gray SUV had a different badge on it -- Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, Kia -- would you be at all surprised?

If it did, would you be blown away and think, "WOOOOOW!!! That looks like some super-exotic, should-be-Italian, hypercard version of an SUV that is WAY out of Hyundai/Toyota/Nissan/Kia's league! They really knocked it out of the park on the styling for a $35,000 SUV!!"

. . . OR, would you just think, "Oh, the new $35,000 H/T/N/K SUV. Next."

I think the answer is clear.

Huge miss.

Just read today that Audi is set to slash $12 billion from it's budget and VW is moving at rapid pace to go full electric so I don't think this SUV is going anywhere. In fact, I think this will be a major money marker for Lambo which will probably spawn tons of variants including a full electric Urus. Question is what happens with Lambo moving forward among all these budget cuts at VW and VW wanting to go full electric.

Just read today that Audi is set to slash $12 billion from it's budget and VW is moving at rapid pace to go full electric so I don't think this SUV is going anywhere. In fact, I think this will be a major money marker for Lambo which will probably spawn tons of variants including a full electric Urus. Question is what happens with Lambo moving forward among all these budget cuts at VW and VW wanting to go full electric.

Well both Porsche and Audi retired from the World Endurance Championship and the 24h Le Mans series itself which imo is one of the craziest news I've read lately. Volkswagen is trying to make money in every way. They also entered Formula E which I believe is to focus and develop their batteries and full electric modes

I hate it......

....but I really hope it sells like crazy and generates funds for Lamborghini to develop more and better sport cars.

Is there anything *remotely* exotic, impressive or unique looking about this thing, relative to every other crossover SUV on the market?

They need to bring the Estoque back and shelve this.

:iamwithstupid:

I would buy an Estoque over a new Bentley.

My opinion is: it's a fantastic and aggressive car. Will look outrageous in Verde Mathis, Giallo Maggio, Miura Orange and the others agrressive Lambo colors. A 650 hp car, that will become much more (around 800) with the following Hybrid model

And much better looking than the former Lambo SUV... :)

ciao

VW I read isn't seeking to go full electric but rather to have an electric model for every vehicle in their lineup. As for this, it just

verde ithaca or rosso efesto pani

silver sv wheels

terra emilia interior

drive night time saint tropez :king:

Just wait, they will come out with a Performante/SV version that looks proper...all marketing here. Initially build a nice but not mind-blowing base car and then keep tweaking it over the years until it is bad ass. They want the early adopters to have a reason to upgrade in a couple years.

But I do agree that it is underwhelming.

I don't really like it as much as the concept, but I'm just wondering, why is there such a large gap over the rear wheel, I see this in all the SUV coupes, what's the purpose for that? Why does everyone seem okay with it?

Redundant - "been there done that" design. Uninspired at best.

Plus, whats the point???

This thing already has it beat in performance. and quite frankly looks as well.

post-471-1502396011_thumb.jpg

I get it. One is a jeep, the other is a Lambo. Blah, Blah, Blah

The Urus has no cache whatsoever. :eusa_wall:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...