Urus

a007apl

What’s the funest suv out?

The Range Rover sv-r is the best sounding one I’ve heard. The Porsche Macao gts was amazing to drive hard.

As a former owner of six Range Rovers, no way in hell I would buy another one after purchasing the Cayenne Turbo S. Without a doubt the CTS will out run, out handle and out comfort anything RR could put on the street.

Oh, and it sounds fantastic! ;)

Can't wait to see what the Urus will do though.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Redundant - "been there done that" design. Uninspired at best.

Plus, whats the point???

This thing already has it beat in performance. and quite frankly looks as well.

post-471-1502396011_thumb.jpg

I get it. One is a jeep, the other is a Lambo. Blah, Blah, Blah

The Urus has no cache whatsoever. :eusa_wall:

Simple explanation here....

post-1098-1507397950_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
What’s the funest suv out?

The Range Rover sv-r is the best sounding one I’ve heard. The Porsche Macao gts was amazing to drive hard.

I daily a RR SVR and have to agree, the sound of the stock exhaust is enthralling!

It set the track record for an SUV on the Ring for a short time - was bested by the Cayenne Turbo S shortly after - damn Porsche, why do they always have to ruin things.

I'm usually in and out of my DD's every 6 months but have held onto my SVR for 2 years. I've thought about replacing it with a Urus but.................hard to let go.

I daily a RR SVR and have to agree, the sound of the stock exhaust is enthralling!

It set the track record for an SUV on the Ring for a short time - was bested by the Cayenne Turbo S shortly after - damn Porsche, why do they always have to ruin things.

I'm usually in and out of my DD's every 6 months but have held onto my SVR for 2 years. I've thought about replacing it with a Urus but.................hard to let go.

Well post the Svr for sale here if you decide to sell it. You have some amazing cars so that tells me something for 2 years you have kept it. I’m undecided. $100k is max for an suv for me I think so urus is out unfortunately.

I'm telling you, if you don't get the Urus, look at the C Turbo S. If you've never driven one, night and day.

I'm telling you, if you don't get the Urus, look at the C Turbo S. If you've never driven one, night and day.

:iamwithstupid: porsches are expensive but worth every penny IMO.

I used a macan GTS as a daily and loved every mile! had a cayenne GTS and same result!

but so looking forward to the urus!

Loved the Macan Turbo but too many chicks own a Macan so I had to stay away :icon_mrgreen: have been pushing my wife into having one (so I could have an excuse to drive it myself LOL) but she doesn’t like it because there is no space inside she also says that she has no need for a fast car :shock:

Why do women always have to be practical? :(

:iamwithstupid: porsches are expensive but worth every penny IMO.

I used a macan GTS as a daily and loved every mile! had a cayenne GTS and same result!

but so looking forward to the urus!

I ordered a Bentayga Black Edition, looking at a January delivery date but I may not take delivery. It's a much softer ride than the Cayenne which has me skeptical. Hoping to drive a Urus before the BBE arrives and it proves to be a good daily.

Cayenne or Macan, space being put aside which is more fun?

I just optioned a Range Rover Svr online for around $135k so if a urus is under $200k then it might be competitive.

I imagine a cayenne turbo s is north of $150k

I just optioned a Range Rover Svr online for around $135k so if a urus is under $200k then it might be competitive.

I never drove the Macan and not to insult the guys out here but it's more of a girlie vehicle.

My Cayenne Turbo S optioned out to around $189K - There are stretches out here in West Texas where I cruise 140, my top being 165. I've had many RR's in the past, my last being a 13 SC and anything over 120 was very soft and unstable.

That being said, the CTS is a freaking blast. Last year I made a couple fun runs at TI (Texas Invitational) and hit 129 something. My stock Huracan Spyder 610-4 hit 137.2 if that tells you anything.

Sant’#### Bolognese, 17 October 2017 – Automobili Lamborghini’s ongoing strategic investment programme, aligned with the launch of its new Super SUV the Urus, sees its production site now doubled with the creation of substantial new facilities and technologies at its factory headquarters in Sant’ #### Bolognese, Italy.

As well as expanding the site from 80,000 to 160,000 m2, the Urus will also bring about a substantial increase in the company’s production capacity, doubling it to 7,000 units a year.

The new production facility houses a new assembly line dedicated to Urus, the new finishing department for all Lamborghini models, and a new office building with LEED Platinum certification: the highest standard in the world for energy and environmental certification in building design and construction. A new test track has also been built with thirteen different surfaces specific to SUVs, as well as a new logistics warehouse, a second trigeneration power plant, and the new energy hub for centralized production of all the energy carriers.

Ranieri Niccoli, Chief Manufacturing Officer, commented: “With our third model, we wanted to introduce the most innovative production technologies and smart factory concepts, supporting and complementing the activities of our workforce. Urus ushers in a new model of factory, which we call Manifattura Lamborghini, a new point of reference in the luxury automobile industry. The substantial resultant benefits include greater production flexibility, better information accessibility, and the interconnection of systems: strengthening the professionalism of craftsmanship that has always distinguished us and supporting the doubling of our production volumes.”

The creation of new buildings and the installation of innovative technologies involved more than 600 enterprises working on the project with a total of 3,600 external workers.

The factory expansion was completed in a record time of just 18 months, during which the company operated at full production capacity and achieved record sales in 2016 (+7% over the previous year). The project was achieved without neglecting Lamborghini’s commitment to environmental sustainability: the entire production facility in Sant’#### Bolognese maintains the carbon neutral certification obtained in 2015.

Manifattura Lamborghini

The new Industry 4.0 assembly line, dedicated entirely to the Urus Super SUV, integrates new production technologies to support workers in assembly activities.

The super sports car maker expresses this approach as Manifattura Lamborghini, which is characterized by four basic principles:

•Craftsmanship: preserving and optimizing craftsmanship with the integration of innovative technologies, increasing the potential for product customization on one hand, and guaranteeing the highest quality standards on the other.

•Competencies and specialization: digitalization enables workers, via touchscreen devices, to access production information made available by easily-consulted interconnected systems.

•Production process: AGVs (Automatic Guided Vehicles) are used as vehicle and material transport systems. Thanks to this system, the flexibility of the building layout is maintained.

•Ergonomics and safety: collaborative robots assist the workers, to improve ergonomics and for repetitive operations that require high quality, such as window gluing, under-body screwing, and wheel assembly.

I never drove the Macan and not to insult the guys out here but it's more of a girlie vehicle.

My Cayenne Turbo S optioned out to around $189K - There are stretches out here in West Texas where I cruise 140, my top being 165. I've had many RR's in the past, my last being a 13 SC and anything over 120 was very soft and unstable.

That being said, the CTS is a freaking blast. Last year I made a couple fun runs at TI (Texas Invitational) and hit 129 something. My stock Huracan Spyder 610-4 hit 137.2 if that tells you anything.

Sounds about right. All of the ranges I’ve had were amazing but the couple times I went over 100mph+ it felt like the mirrors were going to shake off. It was definitely a city car.

for the money you cant beat the macan gts or turbo. it handles like a 911 IMO and you can make them look good. pick up a barely used one for way south of 100k.

for 200k+ I think the urus will be the $hit!

for the money you cant beat the macan gts or turbo. it handles like a 911 IMO and you can make them look good. pick up a barely used one for way south of 100k.

for 200k+ I think the urus will be the $hit!

I think you will like the 200+ K USD Lambo SuperSuv when you will drive it.

It's a smaller car than you think

ciao

The RR SVR has been my favorite DD ever. It does everything! And the sound....

Good choice ok ordering. You won’t be disappointed

No doubt that the CTS is top shelf in terms of performance.

But for some reason, I’m not a Porsche guy....seems everyone has a Cayenne.

Kinda why I stuck with my SVR.

Anyone know when the first customer deliveries are expected to be for the Urus? If they are taking orders now and the reveal is in December I was thinking most likely next fall, but that is a totally ignorant guess.

I think you will like the 200+ K USD Lambo SuperSuv when you will drive it.

It's a smaller car than you think

ciao

That's my concern, not wanting it to be tool small that it loses its SUV appeal.

Looks really mean! I like it a lot more than I thought. Especially the rear looks super sporty for an SUV. More like a sporty wagon rear than an SUV. Definitely makes a statement as a whole.

As a potential customer I think I would prefer this over the Cayenne Turbo S...not only because I hate the fact that they went hybrid, which adds tons of weight without providing a substantial increase in driving pleasure. But lets be honest....it looks EXACTLY like the generation before. Nobody aside from porsche insiders can even distinguish the front end.

For 200K this is a no brainer. Even if the options add 20-30k for some CCB and a nicer sound system etc. this will be worth it for sure.

Plus it will look awesome in nearly any colour most likely whereas the Cayenne Turbo S only really looks decent blacked out

Horrible :icon_oak:

This hunk of shit comes to mind.

post-471-1509656773.jpg

The only upside is they sell a bunch of them to suburban soccer moms looking for the one up over the Tesla Model X soccer mom next door and use all the profits to continue to develop proper cars worthy of the Lamborghini namesake. Hell the Model X looks better than this thing.