Urus

a007apl

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks really mean! I like it a lot more than I thought. Especially the rear looks super sporty for an SUV. More like a sporty wagon rear than an SUV. Definitely makes a statement as a whole.

As a potential customer I think I would prefer this over the Cayenne Turbo S...not only because I hate the fact that they went hybrid, which adds tons of weight without providing a substantial increase in driving pleasure. But lets be honest....it looks EXACTLY like the generation before. Nobody aside from porsche insiders can even distinguish the front end.

For 200K this is a no brainer. Even if the options add 20-30k for some CCB and a nicer sound system etc. this will be worth it for sure.

Plus it will look awesome in nearly any colour most likely whereas the Cayenne Turbo S only really looks decent blacked out

I spec'd mine out and it took about 4 months for delivery. I agree, it's tough to tell the difference if you don't know what you're looking for, however the CTS has yellow calipers while the GTS has red. Mine is all blacked out and even the grills are painted black which in my opinion enhances the front. As I have said before, I have always had Range Rover's SC since 2006 and the CTS is better performing, better ride/comfort, just better everything.

I'm looking forward to the Bentayga Black Edition though I am most certain that purchase will be short lived and replaced by the Urus.

CTS_3.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

12193388_10208130928014387_2100898293813080125_n.jpg

12234945_10208130928174391_1420816789785270400_n.jpg

12196171_10208130928694404_5432734944603580198_n.jpg

CTS_4.jpg

I spec'd mine out and it took about 4 months for delivery. I agree, it's tough to tell the difference if you don't know what you're looking for, however the CTS has yellow calipers while the GTS has red. Mine is all blacked out and even the grills are painted black which in my opinion enhances the front. As I have said before, I have always had Range Rover's SC since 2006 and the CTS is better performing, better ride/comfort, just better everything.

I'm looking forward to the Bentayga Black Edition though I am most certain that purchase will be short lived and replaced by the Urus.

Wow, beautiful spec on that CTTS, how long do you plan on keeping her?

Wow, beautiful spec on that CTTS, how long do you plan on keeping her?

I'll more than likely trade it in when I take delivery of the Bentayga.

That's a pretty polarizing advertisement.

Perhaps the head of the advertising department would like to explain to current owners whether they are viewed as Apes or Neanderthals for purchasing the companies previous products

Let's not start an international incident...........

The ad is saying (IMHO) that the Urus is an evolution of Lamborghini design just as man has evolved from primitive to modern.

I write here a tip for the potential buyers: if you are planning to buy one, please hurry up. As soon as the car will be introduced (30 days from now) there will be a ton of orders and you will receive your car two years later: so maybe better placing a deposit this week or at least within November.

Trust me.

ciao

I write here a tip for the potential buyers: if you are planning to buy one, please hurry up. As soon as the car will be introduced (30 days from now) there will be a ton of orders and you will receive your car two years later: so maybe better placing a deposit this week or at least within November.

Trust me.

ciao

so its really that nice? tempting

so its really that nice? tempting

Personal taste is personal: maybe you don't like it, who knows. I think the car is very nice and very fast

I think that a Lambo enthusiast will appreciate a lot that supersport suv (that is ten milllion times better than the LM002, in my opinion one of the worst car ever built, a 3 tons military vehicle that couldn't move on wet grass)

ciao

a 3 tons military vehicle that couldn't move on wet grass)

ciao

I literally laughed out loud :lol2:

I am tempted because I know you know exactly what you are talking about but I still want to see it before I do anything :icon_thumleft:

I'll more than likely trade it in when I take delivery of the Bentayga.

I hear courtesy trade to a fellow LPer!

I’ve been driving GTS’s for years now.

Tough to beat as a daily driver.

As interesting as it might be if its expensive it has depreciation written all over it, people just wont see the value of it being nicer over a range rover, just look at the FF, there is just no middle market for these cars as they are not desirable and aspirational in the same way as a pure supercar, you either buy new if you can afford it or want a big discount.

As interesting as it might be if its expensive it has depreciation written all over it, people just wont see the value of it being nicer over a range rover, just look at the FF, there is just no middle market for these cars as they are not desirable and aspirational in the same way as a pure supercar, you either buy new if you can afford it or want a big discount.

Range Rover? What makes them so special?

Depreciation? Name a production car that doesn't depreciate once you roll it off the lot. Of all the RR's I have had in the past and never kept for more than three years, those suckers depreciated up to 50% or more during that time period.

People who can't afford the CTS, the Bentayga or the Urus will go with the cheaper RR and attempt to justify their purchase. Sadly I am a former owner of many RR's but finally saw the light that the car is nothing but a boat on wheels which are now a dime a dozen on the road.

The most exciting part of that video was hearing the S downshift, that's how a Lambo should sound, the other two were unfortunately couple of Audi's :(

looks like it has rear steering.

The way the video depicted it, it looks like a damn monster truck turning....I didn't think the rear wheels would turn that much.....

The most exciting part of that video was hearing the S downshift, that's how a Lambo should sound, the other two were unfortunately couple of Audi's :(

:iamwithstupid:

Five years from concept to production is a relatively long development process.

Curious to see the final styling.

I wonder how the design process evolved since the concept unveiling at Shanghai in April 2012.

To those that have seen production spec how does it compare to concept, and to what depth are the design changes?

Wondering if production styling is going to be the equivalent of the concept's "mid-cycle refresh", and if the Urus will look dated on arrival.

More so than the styling, Jalopnik's article "All The Crazy Engineering Details That Make The 2019 Porsche Cayenne Actually Fascinating" whetted my appetite in the hope that the Urus' 6+ year dev-cycle yields some solid r&d yields category redefining dynamics.

Article summarizes the Cayenne's new tech - fully electric sway bars, triple-chamber air suspension, rear-wheel steer, etc.. - and has me excited in the hope that the Urus' development equals or exceeds Porsche's.

Unsure how much inter-brand collaboration occurred within VW group's engineering teams over the past 6+ years, but imagining the Urus as a deeply engineered 'Super' SUV with surprisingly Lamborghini focused dynamics does make me happy.

Assuming factory equipment modules based on the Anima lever where this car may exceed competitor's dynamic abilities - with versions of stock, super (strada/sport/corsa), sand, and snow geared Uruses. An SV/Performante variant. Terra not so much. A 'Sabbia' (sand) equipment module with wheels, tires, and kit may be a few hundred unit a year guaranteed order in Gulf countries as a sand-dune speed surfer.

Here's to selling out (no pun intended) 3,500 units per year and and being a tremendous drive.

I believe she will.