Urus

a007apl

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not so sure about that, I want a nice family car and I looked at a RR Ghost, some nice combos with very low mileage available on the secondary market with a tone of depreciation already realized, I’ve been tempted by a few but I still can’t get over the fact that it’s pretty much a 7 series underneath for 3 times the price :icon_mrgreen:

I was in a brand new one again today. Been in 25 of them. 7-Series...........pass

Lamborghini is simply following Porsche's footstep. Porsche purist were all crying foul when it came out with the Cayenne which eventually turned out to be its best selling product and made Porsche the most profitable brand in the automotive industry. And from the look of it, Porsche haven't forgotten its core value either; the 911 continues to evolve and while it may not look and perhaps sound very exciting, some are truly performance beasts.

As a Lambo enthusiast, quite frankly, I wasn't and still am not too thrilled about this. However, Lamborghini is a pint-size company within the industry that went through several owner changes and was at the brink of going under. VAG/Audi came to its rescue and we are witnessing the results and its success today. The flip side is Lamborghini has to follow what the parent company dictates as VAG in turn has to keep the shareholders happy especially after the Diesel-gate debacle. To keep the company afloat and continue to operate properly, funding is obviously required. We had seen Lamborghini's fund-raising attempts via the Reventon, Aventador-J, Veneno and the Centenario. All were successful as cash-infusing projects but by default none can involve high volume. Lamborghini needs a product to be marketed en masse for long-term sustainability. Building a SUV is an obvious choice as demonstrated by its Porsche cousin. Do I like the Urus? Not really. Do I find it acceptable? A reluctant yes. Would I buy one? Never say never but definitely not in its current form. Two factors would determine its success or lack thereof. 1) Pricing. As of yesterday, no official pricing had been announced yet but it's likely a fairly safe bet on the neighbourhood of the USD200k mark for starter in North America. I think that's a slight bit more than ideal but we'll see. 2) How close would the Audi Q8 resemble the Urus or vice versa? We all knew the similar underpinnings of the Gallardo and the Huracan vs.the 2 generations of the R8. But all were distinct and appear mutually exclusive enough to secure their own markets. The same would apply on the Urus vs. the Q8. But if the Q8 Concept were to provide any styling hints on the production car, that is going to negatively affect the Urus as it bears a strong resemblance to the Q8 Concept.

Performance-wise, the stats look good for the Urus. But then again it needs to be in such a crowded and competitive market sector. Let's hope it delivers exactly in real life to what they claimed to be. And quite frankly, I don't think it's fair to compare the Urus to the LM002. It's beyond comparing apples to oranges; more like comparing apples to bread. I even question the validity of calling the LM a SUV but that's just me. Two completely different vehicles designed and built in two very different eras. People's views of the world are also very different between then and now. The inception of the LM002 and the Urus couldn't be further from each other. The LM002 was a compromise or even a salvaged deposition of a military vehicle. The Urus has a specific civilian/consumer targeted audience. Given the circumstances, the LM didn't do so shabby and the Urus could be better still. It's not a failure, anything but in fact but given Lamborghini's pedigree, it could have been a lot more exciting. Let's hope Lamborghini is just playing it safe and testing the water. Once they have been sure-footed, a much wilder version will be available. Moreover, let's hope the Urus serves its intended purpose and rakes in a ton of money for Lamborghini so it would continue to adhere to its core value by building hyper performance and wild but stylish-looking exotic super sports cars.

It’s a Audi.......end of story :(

All the lambo’s were done being built about 16 years ago, since then Audi’s

Ferruccio Lamborghini sold the factory in 1972: the "true" Lamborghini stopped there.

Rossetti until 1981 bankrupcy.

Then Mimram until 1987.

Chrysler from 1987 to 1994.

Then a singer and others from Indonesia until 1998, when the factory produced just 200 cars.

Finally, in 1998, Audi arrived and saved the factory: thank you very much, Audi, as with you today Lamborghini sometimes are even better than Ferrari and hi tech.

ciao

oh boo hoo. naysayers will always find fault in anything.

Take a listen to Johnny Cash, "One Piece at a Time"

Car parts have been sourced since the beginning.

I’m aware of the chain of custody of the brand,

There was a transition before Audi showed up 100000% in the product. From 02-12 give or take.

I suppose in the interest of progress here we are.

Ferruccio Lamborghini sold the factory in 1972: the "true" Lamborghini stopped there.

Then Mimram until 1987.

Then a singer and others from Indonesia until 1998, when the factory produced just 200 cars.

Finally, in 1998, Audi arrived and saved the factory: thank you very much, Audi, as with you today Lamborghini sometimes are even better than Ferrari and hi tech.

ciao

Will Lambo make a $1MM hypercar in the realm of a P1/918/LaF?

Don't tell me that's encroaching on Bugatti, because it's not. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't think they will do a car like the ThethetheFerrari & C: they will do others oneoff like the Centenario, but no more, in my opinion.

But I cannot tell the future, I just know the past, that for many years was disapponting, as when they produced, in 1980-81, the Fiat 127 Rustica aside the Countach line or when in late 1988 they introduced a "new" carbed (!!) car, the 25th, an ultra obsolete car that even hadn't anymore the only good thing that Countach (a 1973 model...) still had at the time, that is the nice shape (ok, it still had the power, but no more). And the 25th even had comfort seats that the new owner (Chrysler...) wanted on the car, so you didn't even have anymore headroom... What a disaster of a car.

Now we are in Lamborghini golden age again: it started in 2011 with the Aventador and it's still growing up. The only other golden age was in 1963-1972, and even not so good as the actual one, in my opinion

ciao

I don't think they will do a car like the ThethetheFerrari & C: they will do others oneoff like the Centenario, but no more, in my opinion.

But I cannot tell the future, I just know the past, that for many years was disapponting, as when they produced, in 1980-81, the Fiat 127 Rustica aside the Countach line or when in late 1988 they introduced a "new" carbed (!!) car, the 25th, an ultra obsolete car that even hadn't anymore the only good thing that Countach (a 1973 model...) still had at the time, that is the nice shape (ok, it still had the power, but no more). And the 25th even had comfort seats that the new owner (Chrysler...) wanted on the car, so you didn't even have anymore headroom... What a disaster of a car.

Now we are in Lamborghini golden age again: it started in 2011 with the Aventador and it's still growing up. The only other golden age was in 1963-1972, and even not so good as the actual one, in my opinion

ciao

:icon_super: :icon_thumleft: its a good time for Lambo fans!

ciao

You don't consider the Murcielago SV part of the start of the golden age?

Aventador successor says hello for a lot less than $1M.

You don't consider the Murcielago SV part of the start of the golden age?

I'm just an enthusiast, so I'm not God nor anyone more than what I am so please take what I write just as an opinion of an Italian enthusiast that doesn't want to offend anyone's beloved car, but just wants to talk a bit with another enthusiast. This said, I never appreciated too much the Murcielago as it's just a Diablo upgrade and not a new car. The Pagani Zonda had to be the new Murcielago, but Audi choose to take an easier and less expensive way just doing a Diablo upgrade.

That's the story and why I prefer much more the Aventador, a brand new car with a fantastic shape.

Ciao

Sent my deposit in today and initial build sheet. I think they'll be able to start placing orders in January for an anticipated August delivery. Picture shows the 21'" shiny black wheels but for now the order will have the 22" wheels and we'll paint/powder coat them black if the 23" aren't available. Going with the 22" corsa tires as well.

Audi this, BMW that, Bentayga, RR, Yugo or whatever, just look at that interior, I don't care what gripes folks have to say about the car, it's going to be fun and a blast to drive, especially as a daily. As for the exterior, I am hopeful there will be a way to body color the chrome strips along the side and the chrome along the lower back. The pics of the back don't do it justice as the curves and lines aren't visible. The first exterior pic shows the 22" titanium wheels which will be painted black. All the other pics show the 21" shiny black wheels.

Interior_2.jpg

Interior_3.jpg

Interior_5.jpg

Interior_6.jpg

Exterior_1.jpg

Exterior_6.jpg

Exterior_5.jpg

Exterior_9.jpg

Exterior_10.jpg

Sent my deposit in today and initial build sheet. I think they'll be able to start placing orders in January for an anticipated August delivery. Picture shows the 21'" shiny black wheels but for now the order will have the 22" wheels and we'll paint/powder coat them black if the 23" aren't available. Going with the 22" corsa tires as well.

Audi this, BMW that, Bentayga, RR, Yugo or whatever, just look at that interior, I don't care what gripes folks have to say about the car, it's going to be fun and a blast to drive, especially as a daily. As for the exterior, I am hopeful there will be a way to body color the chrome strips along the side and the chrome along the lower back. The pics of the back don't do it justice as the curves and lines aren't visible. The first exterior pic shows the 22" titanium wheels which will be painted black. All the other pics show the 21" shiny black wheels.

Congrats, what a beast! :icon_thumleft:

Ciao

Looks really nice ...

would look like this with the 23" wheels painted black and the part under the doors painted black too ... sinister Bull ...

black.jpg

Looks really nice ...

would look like this with the 23" wheels painted black and the part under the doors painted black too ... sinister Bull ...

black.jpg

Stop it man! Now I want one LOL

Congratulations, that looks awesome. I believe this thing looks amazing in dark colours.

I'm just an enthusiast, so I'm not God nor anyone more than what I am so please take what I write just as an opinion of an Italian enthusiast that doesn't want to offend anyone's beloved car, but just wants to talk a bit with another enthusiast. This said, I never appreciated too much the Murcielago as it's just a Diablo upgrade and not a new car. The Pagani Zonda had to be the new Murcielago, but Audi choose to take an easier and less expensive way just doing a Diablo upgrade.

That's the story and why I prefer much more the Aventador, a brand new car with a fantastic shape.

Ciao

No no, of course, I was just curious on your opinion that's all. But I see what you mean about the Zonda vs Murcielago comparison.

Rear view with all parts painted black ...

black_rear.jpg

missing the black tips. ;)

Not sure what Lambo is thinking about the chrome and rear defuser. Someone there must have a hard.. for the look. Hopefully enough folks will speak out about it and they'll option to body color those areas.

The wheels, the 23's just make it pop, gotta have those.

Thanks for the renders!

Then Mimram until 1987.

ciao

if you look just at the skin, yes...

BUT

if you look under the skin, is not really like that

just few little points as examples:

all the cars built before audi, were designed, engineered and produced in Italy

body, interior and engines were made in Italy, totally developed, built and assembled at lamborghini and the outsourced parts were mostly italian supplied

look at the miura, countach and diablo engines: parts machined at factory and parts assembled 1 by one there and then look at the V10 engines

i know Diablo had some little influence in design by Tom Gal from Chrysler center stile...but the main design is Gandini, somebody softened and rounded up the car a bit ...that's it

till Audi, lamborghini was very much the same and built the car very much the same way as they were in the 60's and 70's...take a look at these pics and you get an idea

do not get me wrong: Audi makes nice cars and who knows what will be today of lamborghini without Audi!

new lamborghinis are much more reliable and better built than old ones , Aventador is one of the best looking sportcars in the market

Urus is the best SUV in the market today and they will sell a ton imo

but to me to say real lamborghini stopped in 72 is laughable...i think there are old lamborghinis, built till the last diablo and new lamborghinis, from first murcielago to this day

AND FINALLY: LAMBORGHINI were always better than Ferrari, since 1963 ;)

post-4328-1513263394_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1513263411_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1513263445_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1513263473.jpg

post-4328-1513263488.jpg

looks GOOD in black! :)

Rear view with all parts painted black ...

post-106629-1513243997_thumb.jpg

my favourite URUS so far

NICE!!!!!!!!! and very evil