Urus

a007apl

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Italian cars ended with the Diablo imo.

:iamwithstupid: The diablo is the sexiest car designed in the 20th century :eusa_dance:

(Am I really the only one that thinks it looks like a Kia with nicer wheels and a sweet interior? Anyone? Anyone . . . ?)

:eusa_think:

Kia? on what planet?

(Am I really the only one that thinks it looks like a Kia with nicer wheels and a sweet interior? Anyone? Anyone . . . ?)

The VW Scirocco has some similarities.

Anyone see the urus in the monster electronics commercial?

Yup, here's the ad for the people who missed it:

Just spotted two with manufacturer tags in the wild in the Wash Park neighborhood of Denver. I'm not certain, but it looked like there was a manufacturer tagged Cayenne leading those two, as well.

Seriously. Why did they even build the concept if this looks nothing like it. This looks as bland as can be and does nothing to continue the lineage of the Lamborghini brand. I don't even care if it has an Audi V8 TT. The front of it looks like a damn Kia!

so now we know you're not an eye doc lol0

i want to love it i really do but i really don't feel this design...its like a lot of lamborghini design elements got copy pasted into a generalist SUV basic structure....

dsc_3873.jpg

dsc_4197.jpg

I sat in it recently.

My main takeaway is that the interior was excellent but way too small and cramped. That is coming from a current Audi SQ5 owner who thinks that is getting a bit small. It seems cavernous, relatively speaking.

I also like my SUVs to be on the boxy side, ala Range Rover and G wagon, so the look was good but not amazing for me. I'd stay away from boring colors. In dark grey it really did not have the impact it should.

22" wheels look undersized. 23" is a must IMO.

If you are in the market for a sedan, this would be fine. If you actually want an SUV to haul kids and their stuff around, probably not. Decent size cargo area for groceries and such.

It is a cool but impractical SUV...kind of defeats the purpose of driving a box. But then you can still say you are driving an impractical Lamborghini!

I sat in it recently.

I'd stay away from boring colors. In dark grey it really did not have the impact it should.

apart from the yellow above, the other colors available (in the confugurator at thistime) are white, very dark green, dark blue, nero, gray...

it would be cool to see a VI with some chunky off road tires !

That rear diffuser need help, bigtime

If you are in the market for a sedan, this would be fine. If you actually want an SUV to haul kids and their stuff around, probably not. Decent size cargo area for groceries and such.

It is a cool but impractical SUV...kind of defeats the purpose of driving a box. But then you can still say you are driving an impractical Lamborghini!

See, I have a big red X6M, I love the hatchet styling, sharp angles and a higher ride height for everyday, hence BMW calling them "Sport Activity Vehicles" and leaving out the utility. I don't like always being eye to eye with a tailpipe in traffic, I like to see around the gridlock and plan a way out, even if it involves a curb. :P

apart from the yellow above, the other colors available (in the confugurator at thistime) are white, very dark green, dark blue, nero, gray...

it would be cool to see a VI with some chunky off road tires !

and maybe a pushguard front bumper with rally lights! Like a Defender 90 Specter edition but angular.

Yup, here's the ad for the people who missed it:

Noel Lee, a.k.a. the Head Monster, owner/founder of Monster Cable, is the guy that said “you ain’t seen nothing yet kid...” in the ad. He’s been a Lamborghini fan for the longest time. I think he did a project on one of Aventador series. Since most of the higher-end cars seem to be collaborating with higher-end hi-fi brands now, perhaps the Urus may feature products from MC at some point. In theory, the Urus could be the only modern Lambo with a cabin that can accommodate reasonable hi-fi sound reproduction.

Noel Lee, a.k.a. the Head Monster, owner/founder of Monster Cable, is the guy that said “you ain’t seen nothing yet kid...” in the ad. He’s been a Lamborghini fan for the longest time. I think he did a project on one of Aventador series. Since most of the higher-end cars seem to be collaborating with higher-end hi-fi brands now, perhaps the Urus may feature products from MC at some point. In theory, the Urus could be the only modern Lambo with a cabin that can accommodate reasonable hi-fi sound reproduction.

I didn't know he was a big Lambo fan, cool info. :icon_thumleft:

I didn't know he was a big Lambo fan, cool info. :icon_thumleft:

He absolutely still IS a Lambo fan and a rather serious car collector.

You are not the only one , I have noticed similarities in overall shape.. Maybe with time and when I see it in person properly I will feel differently. For now, I'm sticking with the range rover for SUV (old fashioned I know lol)

Noel is usually at the Lamborghini Club America Gala each year in Monterey, super nice guy, very friendly and has some awesome Lamborghinis!

• 3 weeks later...

Lamborghini's $200,000 SUV sales are better than expected: CEO

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/08/lamborghini...pected-ceo.html

Lamborghini's new high-priced SUV, the Urus, has been selling much better than expected, with most buyers new to the brand.

The Urus has been selling well in Russia and other markets with bad roads that made it hard to sell the company's low-slung sports cars.

Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali worries that a trade war could hurt the confidence of potential Lambo buyers.

Lamborghini's high-powered, hyper-priced SUV is selling better than expected, with most of the buyers new to the Lamborghini brand, according to the company's CEO.

In an interview with CNBC, Lamborghini CEO, Stefano Domenicali, said that sales and orders for the Lamborghini Urus, which starts at $200,000 but usually sells for $240,000 or more with options, have been "terrific."

"We were expecting a positive feedback from the customer, but not at the level we are receiving now," he said. "The reaction of the customer is really fantastic."

Specifically, he said the company will end 2018 with total production of around 5,000 cars – more than 1,000 of which will be the Urus. By the end of 2019, Lambo will be producing around 8,000 cars – with more than half being the SUV.

He said 70 percent of buyers of the Urus are new to the brand, meaning they have never owned a Lambo before. He said he is also surprised by how many of the buyers are women.

"We have seen an increase in female buyers for sure," Domenicali said.

He also said the Urus is selling well in Russia and other markets with bad roads that made it hard to sell the company's low-slung sports cars.

"Russia and India have been strong for this car, so this is a big step for us," he said.

Domenicali admits that Lamborghini is walking a fine line with the Urus. Many traditional owners and buyers of Lambo high-performance sports cars are aghast that the company is selling an SUV, no matter how good it is. And many worry it will cheapen the brand's image and exclusivity.

But Domenicali said the company built an SUV truly worth of the Lambo badge – with a twin-turbo-charged V8 that delivers 641 horses and can do zero to 60 in under 3.6 seconds. The Urus can also tackle dirt, ice, snow and pot-hole filled roads – terrain that its Huracans and Aventadors have more trouble tackling.

"This is a polarizing car, you either love it or you don't," he said. "For those that don't I say just drive it. When they are seated in this car, they discover something they were not expecting."

He said that beneath the SUV exterior is a super-sports car in terms of performance, power and engine sound.

"This is a Lamborghini you can use every day," he said.

More importantly, Domenicali said Lamborghini will never become a mass producer, and will also keep its production low and quality high. He said the company plans to put the brakes on growth at the end 2019 to make sure it's preserving the Lamborghini brand aura.

"The growth has to be done right" he said. "At the end of 2019 we will need to stop the growth to make sure that we have the value of exclusiveness that we need to make sure we keep on being profitable and that perception of the brand is what we want."

With the global economy surging, and rising stock markets powering the fortunes of the wealthy, Domenicali said overall sales and demand for all of Lambo's products remain strong. He said Europe was especially bright.

"Germany and the U.K. are very, very strong," he said. "And Italy is really waking up."

One unexpected source of growth: cryptocurrency investors. Media reports have said in the culture of the new cryptocurrency millionaires and billionaires, Lamborghinis are the only acceptable luxury purchase.

Domenicali said the profile of the crypto rich is similar to the current Lambo sports car client – young, risk-taking and hungry to get to the top.

"These are young people that want to become very rich with a high-risk investment," he said. "And our customers are young as well, and very aspirational. They are not shy. So I think there is a connection."

When asked about the potential damage of a trade war sparked by the U.S., Domenicali said that while the steel and aluminum tariffs wouldn't have much impact on Lamborghini's production, a trade war could hurt the confidence of potential Lambo buyers.

"A fight or war, even if it's an economic one, is not beneficial to the world of luxury," he said. "Luxury is very sensitive and sensible to this kind of thing. No doubt the world of luxury is connected to the stock markets and currencies. So I do hope that (a trade war) will not come."